Sephora Collection Heated eyelash curler

Sephora Collection Heated eyelash curler

3.3

on 4/1/2008 4:15:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

ITA - worthless product. i can't see this working for anybody. i'm the most frugal person i know and i almost *never* throw out beauty products... but i threw this out. lol.

on 11/7/2007 10:08:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I know the reviews on here for this product are for the most part.. terrible - but if any of you still have your heated eyelash curler from Sephora, you might want to read this and give it another try.

I bought this curler at my local Sephora store, and one of the ladies there promptly advised me that this curler is meant to be used 'after' your application of mascara.

Of course, once I was home I immediately gave this a try WITHOUT mascara. I know what I was told, but I was still hoping to get a good effect without having to use mascara 'period'. I got a slight lift... which promptly disappeared within seconds. I then tried it after applying a basic black mascara (a cheap one at that) and waiting a decent amount of time for it to dry completely before using the curler. I have to say the results were AMAZING!

While this isn't my 'no-mascara' solution, I will be stocking up on at least one or two more of these in case they are ever discontinued. The lift and curl is so dramatic, and it LASTS the entire day. It's nothing like you get from using a crimper (and while one reviewer did suggest crimping first, I found that step to be unnecessary). I have my mother's asian eye lashes (black and very straight) - and this works wonders for me.

I took one lippie off on Package Quality because the AAA Battery was placed in the eyelash curler 'cap', and I couldn't for the life of me get it out. It's as if it's glued in there. I ended up using an extra battery I had laying around the house. I still don't have use of my protective cap for the curler, but I think a pair of pliers will get that pesky battery outta there (just haven't gotten around to it).

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I do like this, although I'm still getting the 'hang' of it. I have to remember to allow time for it as it does take [me] longer - about 3-4 x as long as a regular curler, but the curl seems to stay in better. 15 seconds to heat up (which is nothing) but then I have to keep going over my eyelashes several times, etc. which is the part that takes time. I do like it for curling those strays that seem to fall below my regular eyelash curler and stick straight down. I'll keep my Shu handy, but I'm glad I tried this and would recommend it to someone who doesn't want to try (or gets pinched by) traditional eyelash curlers. B+

Popular Misc Beauty Tools