Sephora Heated eyelash curler

Sephora  Heated eyelash curler

2.1

on 12/18/2011 7:11:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I have stick straight Asian lashes that point downward. If I use this AFTER I apply mascara, I will have fluffy, curly lashes that are set with the heat for a good 8 hours+. This will also separate and declump your lashes and you will not have to use a lash comb afterwards. If you use this properly, it WILL work. I've had mine for 5 years and it's still going strong.

on 8/10/2011 10:25:00 AM

This is the most awesome curler ever! I have very straight lashes. After putting on some mascara, I hold if up to my lashes for 5 seconds (you must bend your lashes up) and voila. It holds all day. I don't know why others have given it such a low rating. Perhaps they don't know how to use it. It is the best lash curler that I've ever used.

on 7/20/2009 1:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I really, really love this product! It has seriously saved my lashes! My lashes are not very long, quite thick and the are anything but curled! The just point downwards like straight arrows heading towards the core of the earth! So I used regular lashcurlers and it was fine for a few hours but then my lashes would just point straight towards the horizon in a 45degree angle, which is not really sexy either. I then started to curl them with a regular lashcurler first (Nars), the applies mascara (any kind) and THEN used the heated lashcurler when the mascara was still kind of wet but not completely and it worked miracles! You just basically push your lashes towards your lid and you really just curl them with the wand and it works!! My lashes point towards the sky in a nice curl, my eyes are opened up and it looks amazing AND it lasts at least 10 hours. I am a very happy bunny indeed and love it!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Just bought this product and it works just like the directions say it will. Turn on, heat up for a few seconds, hold up to lashes for 2-3 seconds and presto! Curled lashes with minimal to zero effort. It was a little pricey, but that's because I'm cheap. It would be nice if it came in a little carrying case but it comes in a vinyl zip bag. It also came with a battery so that is always a plus and I can't imagine it running out of juice that often.

on 2/22/2008 4:56:00 PM

the first time i bought this, i really didn't like it because i wanted the natural curl without having to use mascara. i have really stubborn straight eyelashes so out of frustration i returned the curler.

recently i purchased it again and i loved it. even though it's not stated in the directions you HAVE TO HAVE MASCARA ON! the mascara that is dried acts as a gel for your eyelashes and the lukewarm temperature is just enough for you to create the bend in your eyelashes.

because my eyelashes are straight, and they also point downward (i'm asian so the eyelashes practically curl into my eye! haha)an eyelash curler actually just bends it at the root and shoots them straight up, but the heated eyelash curler curls them in a "( " shape and you can control the level of curvature, even a "C" if you want ( a bit extreme, but just trying to paint the mental image).

either way the product is worth trying, you just have to have the mascara on, and if you don't like it then return it.... sephora is very good about returning or exchanging items. so i would definitely by this product again.

Ignore all of the negative reviews, ladies. I don't think they know how to use this glorious little thing.

USE IT AFTER MASCARA... OR IT WONT WORK. duh!

As for the comment about heated curlers being bad...

you have a choice of a metal curler that crimps and tears out lashes.. or a heated one ... that doesnt get that hot, and is going over coats of MASCARA.

Pick one.

on 11/7/2007 10:08:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I know the reviews on here for this product are for the most part.. terrible - but if any of you still have your heated eyelash curler from Sephora, you might want to read this and give it another try.

I bought this curler at my local Sephora store, and one of the ladies there promptly advised me that this curler is meant to be used 'after' your application of mascara.

Of course, once I was home I immediately gave this a try WITHOUT mascara. I know what I was told, but I was still hoping to get a good effect without having to use mascara 'period'. I got a slight lift... which promptly disappeared within seconds. I then tried it after applying a basic black mascara (a cheap one at that) and waiting a decent amount of time for it to dry completely before using the curler. I have to say the results were AMAZING!

While this isn't my 'no-mascara' solution, I will be stocking up on at least one or two more of these in case they are ever discontinued. The lift and curl is so dramatic, and it LASTS the entire day. It's nothing like you get from using a crimper (and while one reviewer did suggest crimping first, I found that step to be unnecessary). I have my mother's asian eye lashes (black and very straight) - and this works wonders for me.

I took one lippie off on Package Quality because the AAA Battery was placed in the eyelash curler 'cap', and I couldn't for the life of me get it out. It's as if it's glued in there. I ended up using an extra battery I had laying around the house. I still don't have use of my protective cap for the curler, but I think a pair of pliers will get that pesky battery outta there (just haven't gotten around to it).

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I was dismayed when I bought this, then read the MUA reviews. So I went to the Beauty Board and asked the girls whether I should return this to Sephora or not. They suggested I try it out, and gave me some tips. So I used their info, then added a few of my own tricks, and I now LOVE this eyelash curler. I start off with clean, dry lashes. I use a regular lash curler on them, then use NARS mascara. I let it dry (usually finish rest of my face, then do hair, then come back) and that's when I use the heated curler, to give an even more dramatic curl to my lashes. They look phenomenal now. I start at base, the slowly lift up... when I get to tip, I press back so the heated area of my lashes will "freeze" in that position. It takes practice, but worth the time IMO.

on 7/26/2007 5:40:00 PM

I love this!!! I have thin, straight, sparse eyelashes. Traditional eyelash curlers never seemed to work for me- they pull, and never hold a curl more than an hour. I picked up this heated version (the size of a mascara tube) and have been using it daily ever since. My eyelashes curl gently where I want them to, and stay ALL DAY. Slim design makes it easy to travel with, and even pop in my purse if I need a little extra "oomph" to hit the bars with after work.

**tip: Mine is actually from Japonesque, now that I look at it... but it was the same price and looks identical to the Sephora one. It came with instructions, including that you should apply mascara *before* curling lashes, to better hold and shape the curl.

I was surprised to see that this got bad reviews. I've had mine for about a year and a half, and love it. The outside cracked during a recent move, but it still works just fine. I don't know why it took the InStyle testers 15 minutes--I'm no makeup pro, and it takes 3 minutes max, from turning it on and letting it heat up, to finished curled lashes. The 15 seconds Sephora says it takes to heat up is true when you have fresh batteries, but as time goes on I find it takes about a minute. I do have to replace the AAA battery every few weeks, but I use every day. I got rid of my other metal clamp eyelash curler after I bought this, and if I lost or broke this curler, I would definitely buy another one.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools