Sephora Heated eyelash curler

Sephora  Heated eyelash curler

2.1

on 7/25/2007 2:15:00 PM

USELESS. I am asian with stick straight skimpy lashes. This is hard to use, and ultimately doesn't work.
My trick to keep my lashes curled all day: heat your standard (metal) last curler for a few seconds with your hair dryer, then curl your lashes. I use Shu Uemura's curler at home (and a Maybelline one I've had for years, which has been relegated to my purse for touch ups.)
I swear it works better than just about any curling mascara you can find. It lasts even longer and is more dramatic if you apply Talika's Lipocils before you curl. Wait for the Lipocils to dry first, then it acts kind of like hair gel to set the curl. If you try it while wet, or try applying Lipocils after curling, your curl will flatten out.

**Make sure to test the temperature of the lash curler on the back of your hand before putting it anywhere near your eyelid! I only use the low heat setting on my hair dryer to prevent burning myself.

on 10/24/2012 7:45:00 PM

This thing is crap. It worked ok for like a month, but then just quit. Terrible, what a waste of money.

on 8/10/2011 10:25:00 AM

This is the most awesome curler ever! I have very straight lashes. After putting on some mascara, I hold if up to my lashes for 5 seconds (you must bend your lashes up) and voila. It holds all day. I don't know why others have given it such a low rating. Perhaps they don't know how to use it. It is the best lash curler that I've ever used.

on 8/6/2010 10:06:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I've tried about 3 different eyelash curlers so far and my favourite one (forgotten what brand it was) which cost me $25 Singapore Dollars no longer is available for sale here, sadly.

Armed with a near expiring Sephora voucher, I decided to purchase the heated eyelash curler at 40 Singapore Dollars before usage of vouchers. It works great and there will be a repurchase unless I find my favourite one somehow.

Here is how I use it: 1 - Turn on the Heated Eyelash Curler. 2 - I put on my waterproof Chanel mascara. 3 - Use the Heated Curler and hold for about 5 seconds at different sections of the lashes! My short straight asian lashes are transformed to lovely curled up lashes!

What I really like about Heated Eyelash Curlers is that my lashes are safe from the constant crimping that can cause my already sparse lashes to be even more sparse! Plus, the curls stay all day for a good 12hours!

I've taken off one lippie because it is very high on energy consumption compared to my HG which lasted me a minimum of 3 weeks. This curler's AAA battery only last me approximately 10 days of usage.

Ignore all of the negative reviews, ladies. I don't think they know how to use this glorious little thing.

USE IT AFTER MASCARA... OR IT WONT WORK. duh!

As for the comment about heated curlers being bad...

you have a choice of a metal curler that crimps and tears out lashes.. or a heated one ... that doesnt get that hot, and is going over coats of MASCARA.

Pick one.

I was surprised to see that this got bad reviews. I've had mine for about a year and a half, and love it. The outside cracked during a recent move, but it still works just fine. I don't know why it took the InStyle testers 15 minutes--I'm no makeup pro, and it takes 3 minutes max, from turning it on and letting it heat up, to finished curled lashes. The 15 seconds Sephora says it takes to heat up is true when you have fresh batteries, but as time goes on I find it takes about a minute. I do have to replace the AAA battery every few weeks, but I use every day. I got rid of my other metal clamp eyelash curler after I bought this, and if I lost or broke this curler, I would definitely buy another one.

on 8/12/2004 7:24:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I hate using those old fashioned eyelash curlers because I invariably blink while "pinching" my lashes and nearly end up pulling them out by the roots! And I've tried nearly all of the brands of new heated eyelash curlers that look like mascara wands but found that every single one of them was a complete waste of money because the curl would go limp literally within seconds of having applied it -- thank God for the easy return policy at the stores where I bought them! :)

My eyelashes are pretty thick, and have a decent curl on their own, but they are so bloody SHORT that I've found that my lashes appear to be all but invisible unless they are curled so that they stand up and out....I was so desperate to have curled eyelashes that I even went so far as to get them permed (yes, they can do that, although I didn't find out till afterwards that the practice is illegal for salons/stylists to perform in Texas!). One eye looked completely awesome, but unfortunately the girl wound the lashes on my other eye too tightly around the perm rod so the lashes on that eye ended up looking like some weird pubic hair....

But I finally found my Holy Grail, although I'm constantly shocked that I've never seen this product raved about in the American style/fashion magazines or available at any U.S. stores (alas, it's not even available at Sephora, which is absolutely shocking!!), because it is AMAZING!!!! I couldn't even find it listed here for me to add my own rave to, so I must assume that the MUAs haven't discovered this amazing product yet.

What am I talking about? The completely, utterly and totally amazing EYECURL heated eyelash curler. You want to know what makes this product unique? You use it AFTER you've applied your fave brand of mascara. Seriously! And this serves to "lock" in the curl so that it lasts all day and all night. The curl doesn't come out until you actually remove your mascara. You've never seen anything like this before in your life and once you've tried it for yourself, you'll be disgusted with how much many you've wasted in the past on other heated lash curlers that didn't do squat!!

I love my EyeCurl so much that I purchased two more (one for my makeup bag, one for my makeup "bench" in the bathroom, and a spare -- "just in case"!!), and I have even bought them for my friends and female family members, who are all as enamoured with this little wonder as I am!

Unfortunately, the only way that I know of to get it in the U.S. is to order it from the company in England by going online (visit www.eyecurl.co.uk ) I can't remember how much it cost (those currency conversions always get to me!), but I think it was around $20USD -- definitely worth the price. If you're looking for the ultimately ultimate holy grail of eyelash curlers (heated or otherwise), this is the product for you.

I was sooo excited when I bought this but to my disappointment it does not beat the old fashion curler. I've only used it a couple time but the battery is dead already. It's a little bit better if you apply mascara on and use it after but then you get the wand terribly dirty and it's still not very great. Whereas with a normal curler I can get my straight eyelashes to curl up at a specific point, these ones curl very gradually due to the fact that the lashes have to fall into the little divets before reaching the source of heat.

on 6/9/2012 5:23:00 PM

Uh, this is ridiculously CHEAP quality, but it still turned out to be better than I thought. I want to comment on making sure the battery is actually touching the battery part of the top. I noticed it wasn't working one day when I used a new battery. It might be why some of you think it has broken! It heats up decently when you have new batteries, but pretty much after a couple of times, its useless. The curler heats up pretty slow though. I like to at least give it a minute compared to the 15 seconds before using it. That sucks because it drains the battery, and adds to time consume. I have short, but not totally sparse lashes that point down, and this works kind of decent. Regular lash curlers take a lot of time, and require a lot of work on my short lashes. This heated curler somewhat helps me with a nice curl, however it takes way more than 2 -3 seconds for me to achieve the curl, even when I have applied mascara.

on 7/13/2010 10:05:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Complete waste of money!!! I should have known it was a gimmick, but I have been desperate to find something to help curl my lashes.. I have extremely short lashes, with a few that want to stick straight down, and regular eyelash curlers make them have an awkward crimped 45 degree angle appearance that look worse than just leaving them au natural.. This product did NOTHING, i have no idea how some reviewers got great results, the core does not even get hot enough to do anything, I even tried heating it up more with my hair blower, but still nothing.. just threw $16 down the drain.. oh well, you live and you learn..

Popular Misc Beauty Tools