Sephora Heated eyelash curler

Sephora  Heated eyelash curler

2.1

I was sooo excited when I bought this but to my disappointment it does not beat the old fashion curler. I've only used it a couple time but the battery is dead already. It's a little bit better if you apply mascara on and use it after but then you get the wand terribly dirty and it's still not very great. Whereas with a normal curler I can get my straight eyelashes to curl up at a specific point, these ones curl very gradually due to the fact that the lashes have to fall into the little divets before reaching the source of heat.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is my first heated eyelash curler. Since I started using Rapidlash, my lashes on my right eye are growing downward and won't curl with a regular eyelash curler. Instead, they get all crimped and weird looking because they arent as long as the other lashes. The lashes on my left eye grow beautifully up and outward, so I end up looking weird. I use this both before AND after applying mascara. After the first coat, I hold the heated wand at the base of my lashes for about 30 seconds and then draw it up. I repeat this movement between each coat, and this is the ONLY thing that has made my downward lashes actually raise up and sweep out like my others. My lashes still look different on this eye, but it's far better than before. I might explore other heated curlers in the future, but so far this is working for me. One caveat: this is not a quick process, and it takes some time/effort to make it work. So, if you arent the type to spend more than a few seconds swiping mascara on, you might not like this. I spend about 20 minutes on my makeup every morning, so it's not a big deal for me.

****update****
Since my initial review, a few weeks have passed and I am disappointed in this curler. It goes through batteries ridiculously fast - literally after one or two uses the heating element stops getting hot and just gets warm, which doesn't work. I have gone through 4 batteries in three weeks, and I dont even use this every day! When I try to change the battery I have to fight to get the old one out; the whole unit is cheaply made and NOT worth the $$. My search continues, sadly

on 12/18/2011 7:11:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I have stick straight Asian lashes that point downward. If I use this AFTER I apply mascara, I will have fluffy, curly lashes that are set with the heat for a good 8 hours+. This will also separate and declump your lashes and you will not have to use a lash comb afterwards. If you use this properly, it WILL work. I've had mine for 5 years and it's still going strong.

on 6/9/2012 5:23:00 PM

Uh, this is ridiculously CHEAP quality, but it still turned out to be better than I thought. I want to comment on making sure the battery is actually touching the battery part of the top. I noticed it wasn't working one day when I used a new battery. It might be why some of you think it has broken! It heats up decently when you have new batteries, but pretty much after a couple of times, its useless. The curler heats up pretty slow though. I like to at least give it a minute compared to the 15 seconds before using it. That sucks because it drains the battery, and adds to time consume. I have short, but not totally sparse lashes that point down, and this works kind of decent. Regular lash curlers take a lot of time, and require a lot of work on my short lashes. This heated curler somewhat helps me with a nice curl, however it takes way more than 2 -3 seconds for me to achieve the curl, even when I have applied mascara.

on 8/10/2011 10:25:00 AM

This is the most awesome curler ever! I have very straight lashes. After putting on some mascara, I hold if up to my lashes for 5 seconds (you must bend your lashes up) and voila. It holds all day. I don't know why others have given it such a low rating. Perhaps they don't know how to use it. It is the best lash curler that I've ever used.

on 10/24/2012 7:45:00 PM

This thing is crap. It worked ok for like a month, but then just quit. Terrible, what a waste of money.

on 7/13/2010 10:05:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Complete waste of money!!! I should have known it was a gimmick, but I have been desperate to find something to help curl my lashes.. I have extremely short lashes, with a few that want to stick straight down, and regular eyelash curlers make them have an awkward crimped 45 degree angle appearance that look worse than just leaving them au natural.. This product did NOTHING, i have no idea how some reviewers got great results, the core does not even get hot enough to do anything, I even tried heating it up more with my hair blower, but still nothing.. just threw $16 down the drain.. oh well, you live and you learn..

on 8/6/2010 10:06:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I've tried about 3 different eyelash curlers so far and my favourite one (forgotten what brand it was) which cost me $25 Singapore Dollars no longer is available for sale here, sadly.

Armed with a near expiring Sephora voucher, I decided to purchase the heated eyelash curler at 40 Singapore Dollars before usage of vouchers. It works great and there will be a repurchase unless I find my favourite one somehow.

Here is how I use it: 1 - Turn on the Heated Eyelash Curler. 2 - I put on my waterproof Chanel mascara. 3 - Use the Heated Curler and hold for about 5 seconds at different sections of the lashes! My short straight asian lashes are transformed to lovely curled up lashes!

What I really like about Heated Eyelash Curlers is that my lashes are safe from the constant crimping that can cause my already sparse lashes to be even more sparse! Plus, the curls stay all day for a good 12hours!

I've taken off one lippie because it is very high on energy consumption compared to my HG which lasted me a minimum of 3 weeks. This curler's AAA battery only last me approximately 10 days of usage.

on 1/5/2010 9:24:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is garbage. I rated it a 5 for price because it's not worth two cents. Save your money.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

Complete waste of money. Never got hot enough to effectively curl my lashes. The wand/comb was awkward to use.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools