Sephora Heated eyelash curler

Filtered by age: 30-35
Sephora  Heated eyelash curler

1.8

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is my first heated eyelash curler. Since I started using Rapidlash, my lashes on my right eye are growing downward and won't curl with a regular eyelash curler. Instead, they get all crimped and weird looking because they arent as long as the other lashes. The lashes on my left eye grow beautifully up and outward, so I end up looking weird. I use this both before AND after applying mascara. After the first coat, I hold the heated wand at the base of my lashes for about 30 seconds and then draw it up. I repeat this movement between each coat, and this is the ONLY thing that has made my downward lashes actually raise up and sweep out like my others. My lashes still look different on this eye, but it's far better than before. I might explore other heated curlers in the future, but so far this is working for me. One caveat: this is not a quick process, and it takes some time/effort to make it work. So, if you arent the type to spend more than a few seconds swiping mascara on, you might not like this. I spend about 20 minutes on my makeup every morning, so it's not a big deal for me.

****update****
Since my initial review, a few weeks have passed and I am disappointed in this curler. It goes through batteries ridiculously fast - literally after one or two uses the heating element stops getting hot and just gets warm, which doesn't work. I have gone through 4 batteries in three weeks, and I dont even use this every day! When I try to change the battery I have to fight to get the old one out; the whole unit is cheaply made and NOT worth the $$. My search continues, sadly

on 12/18/2011 7:11:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I have stick straight Asian lashes that point downward. If I use this AFTER I apply mascara, I will have fluffy, curly lashes that are set with the heat for a good 8 hours+. This will also separate and declump your lashes and you will not have to use a lash comb afterwards. If you use this properly, it WILL work. I've had mine for 5 years and it's still going strong.

on 7/13/2010 10:05:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Complete waste of money!!! I should have known it was a gimmick, but I have been desperate to find something to help curl my lashes.. I have extremely short lashes, with a few that want to stick straight down, and regular eyelash curlers make them have an awkward crimped 45 degree angle appearance that look worse than just leaving them au natural.. This product did NOTHING, i have no idea how some reviewers got great results, the core does not even get hot enough to do anything, I even tried heating it up more with my hair blower, but still nothing.. just threw $16 down the drain.. oh well, you live and you learn..

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I'm surprised by all the negative ratings for this eyelash curler! It works incredibly well for me. I've never liked using regular curlers because I'm always afraid I'll damage my lashes if I press hard enough to actually curl them.

I use this after applying my mascara (blinc kiss me). It curls really well, and the curl lasts all day on me. Sometimes I have to separate my lashes afterwards, because it will cause a little clumping (which is why I took off one lippie). Otherwise it's great!

on 7/4/2008 5:09:00 PM

This is my second Sephora heated eyelash curler and it's already broken after using for 1.5 months. When it was working, it was good though it did drain the batteries very quickly. Am now looking for a new heated eyelash curler.

on 4/1/2008 4:15:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

ITA - worthless product. i can't see this working for anybody. i'm the most frugal person i know and i almost *never* throw out beauty products... but i threw this out. lol.

horrible, doesnt curl lashes at all and really isnt that warm, the price is not very good either all around horrible product

on 1/12/2008 10:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

It does work if you want to brush your lashes 100 times before getting any curl, which means it really doesn't work in any practical fashion. The thing also broke within an month.

I bought a heated curler from rite-aid for $4 and it curls my lashes sky high. Try finding one of those and save your money. Don't buy the Sephora brand curler.

on 12/28/2007 4:48:00 PM

well my first atttempt didn't go very well and I was sorried after reading the bad reviews. But then I decided to try it again after applying a light coating of mascara. That made all the difference and my eyelashes kept the curl all day. I am excited to have such a handy tool!

Me: Asian, long but straight eyelashes.
I want to like this, because it does curl my eyelashes beautifully but it takes forever to heat up, and you have to go over the lashes quite a few times. The kicker was when mine broke (the battery section no longer closed well), I bought a second one, and that broke too. Not buying a third one that's for sure.

P/S. For traditional curlers, I have Shu Uemura, Sonia Kashuk and Japonesque (the plastic travel size one). I actually like Japonesque the most. Shu Uemura's is the most expensive but its't any better than Sonia Kashuk from Target.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools