Sephora Heated eyelash curler

Filtered by age: 19-24
Sephora  Heated eyelash curler

2.0

I was sooo excited when I bought this but to my disappointment it does not beat the old fashion curler. I've only used it a couple time but the battery is dead already. It's a little bit better if you apply mascara on and use it after but then you get the wand terribly dirty and it's still not very great. Whereas with a normal curler I can get my straight eyelashes to curl up at a specific point, these ones curl very gradually due to the fact that the lashes have to fall into the little divets before reaching the source of heat.

on 6/19/2009 3:13:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have semi-straight and average length eyelashes, maybe a little on the shorter side. I've always used a metal curler but thought this would work better. Either it's crap or I can't get the hang of it - I've tried it all different ways, held it on for long and short periods of time, and I don't notice a different. Since my eyelashes are on the shorter side, I feel like it has a hard time even touching all my lashes. Definitely a waste.

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

With my straight lashes, I really have to work to get a good curl. I bought this thinking it could replace my regular lash curler. I found it worked best if I curled my e/l with a regular curler first (heated with the blow dryer), then applied mascara and after it dried, used this tool to add some oomph. As far as curl goes, I have gotten better results with a traditional lash curler but this heated instrument helped boost curl. Knocked off 2 lippies because one day this just stopped working but I may have to replace it sometime soon.

**EDIT- Just buy a Shu Uemura and and your lash curling problems will end**

on 3/5/2009 1:24:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

this was not the product for me. my eyelashes are increadily straight and long, if i apply mascara prior to curling they actually begin to come down even more and make me feel sleepy. eyelash curlers are a must for me to say the least. i tried this out as a recommendation from the sephora salesperson but i was sadly disappointed. i tried applying it after mascara but it was the most frustrating thing on earth!! not much curl all this effort. im stickin with my metal eyelash curler with a blast of heat from hairdryer routine, it always works for me. i will not try this product again.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

my lashes are really straight and i've tried many eyelash curlers hoping to find one that doesn't make my lashes look like they are at an angle of 90 degrees. so when the sales at sephora recommended this one i decided to give it a try. i really don't think it does too much for my lashes. it takes me a long while to get it to somewhat curl and by that point i'm frustrated and probably decide to give up and just stick to my metal eyelash curler. for $22, i think it's $22 or well somewhere around there canadian i'd rather spend my money on a metal one that does a somewhat decent job. this product really isn't worth the money.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Don't waste your money ladies... blast your normal eyelash curler with your hair dryer for a few seconds and then curl. Just be careful, but it works much better than this piece of crap. ( the shu uemura is worth the $18 imo)

Oh my god! SO GLAD TO FIND OUT THAT SOOOOOOO MANY PPL THAT AGREES W/ ME!

I hated it!!! what a waste of $$$ >.<"

on 2/22/2008 4:56:00 PM

the first time i bought this, i really didn't like it because i wanted the natural curl without having to use mascara. i have really stubborn straight eyelashes so out of frustration i returned the curler.

recently i purchased it again and i loved it. even though it's not stated in the directions you HAVE TO HAVE MASCARA ON! the mascara that is dried acts as a gel for your eyelashes and the lukewarm temperature is just enough for you to create the bend in your eyelashes.

because my eyelashes are straight, and they also point downward (i'm asian so the eyelashes practically curl into my eye! haha)an eyelash curler actually just bends it at the root and shoots them straight up, but the heated eyelash curler curls them in a "( " shape and you can control the level of curvature, even a "C" if you want ( a bit extreme, but just trying to paint the mental image).

either way the product is worth trying, you just have to have the mascara on, and if you don't like it then return it.... sephora is very good about returning or exchanging items. so i would definitely by this product again.

Ignore all of the negative reviews, ladies. I don't think they know how to use this glorious little thing.

USE IT AFTER MASCARA... OR IT WONT WORK. duh!

As for the comment about heated curlers being bad...

you have a choice of a metal curler that crimps and tears out lashes.. or a heated one ... that doesnt get that hot, and is going over coats of MASCARA.

Pick one.

on 1/22/2008 10:43:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This was absolutely, without a doubt, the WORST eyelash curler I've ever used! (And I've experimented with a LOT.) It should be even better than a regular eyelash curler, since it's heated, but is just the opposite. First of all, it doesn't really "heat" up. It's barely lukewarm. It's sort of a comb and you're supposed to comb your lashes upward with it or hold your lashes in an upward position for a couple minutes until achieving the desired effect. My lashes didn't curl at all despite a few attempts. I'd just recommend using a regular metal or plastic eyelash curler--they're cheaper, and actually do the job. The only thing I liked about the heated curler was the packaging because it was so small and could fit virtually anywhere.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools