Estee Lauder Pure Color Long Lasting Lipstick in - #18 Bois De Rose

No Image

3.3

I'm on my second tube and I'm saving it. At first I thought the color looked old and tired but surprisingly, it is flattering on warm toned skin. It also lasts quite long for a cream lipstick and is highly pigmented. It's kinda like the Revlon Colorstay with Soft Flex which sadly they discontinued. It still smells like grandma's closet but it's a small price to pay for this resilient and vivid lipstick.

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

On my lips it's a dupe for Chanel Rouge Coco in Mademoiselle which is an amazing everyday colour that does not wash my face out but isn't too over the top.

I really love the colour of Bois De Rose but it just won't last on my lips, I don't know what's up with that as it's supposed to be long lasting. When it fades it leaves the most ugly lines around my lips as if I had used a lipliner. It also dries my lips. I'm so bummed!

The smell is a bit rosy/fig-like and I quite like it but since the upkeep of this lippie is way too difficult for me I never wear it.

The packaging looks nice but is flimsy and cheap when I hold it.

on 11/15/2012 2:17:00 AM

I have been trying to find the perfect red lipstick (blonde hair/fair skin), and most of them were to berry or too dark or to orangey. This is the perfect color, on me it is like a soft red that I could use during the day. Very pretty. I mostly buy Estee L lipsticks or Dior because they are usually very creamy and moisturizing. Hoewer, this particular one is quite drying. It is longer lasting than many others, yes. I will have to use the Estee Lauder lip balm under it, that helps all the lipsticks, great product. For the drying reason I won`t buy this one again or really just using the lipbalm under. But I do love the packaging (glass bottom), it is so pretty and you don`t have to check the bottom of the lipsticks.

on 10/19/2009 10:00:00 AM

The color is OK - not great, just OK - but the main reason I will not repurchase is that I fin this lipstick to be very drying. After a day of wearing this, my lips are terribly chapped and dried out - it's not moisturizing at all.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I have tan skin and this suits my skin tone. It's not a rosy color, but more of a warm reddish hue. It's definitely not long lasting and not moisturising. It's not a great wow color, so i don't think i'll be repurchasing this one. There are better drugstore stuff out there with longer lasting power.

not a good colour on pale skin with dark hair, too brown, but good quality

on 1/19/2009 12:37:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Bois De Rose on me is a warm reddish brown. I generally avoid lipstick with brown tones in it, but this one is quite neutral. I think this would be a good color for most skin tones. It has the Estee Lauder "fig" scent, which is a little strong at first but fades quickly. This didn't dry out my lips and staying power was good.

on 12/8/2008 5:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

In the tube and on my med-pigmented lips this is a brownish rose with more emphasis on the brown. Yuck, it's not flattering at all. I tried it with a couple different shades of High Gloss over top and that didn't help. I love the Pure Color formula as I have others, I just hate this one.

on 10/19/2008 10:19:00 PM

Not a good color on me. It looks medium brown-rose in the tube, but showed up slightly orange on my pale lips. I'm NW 25, light-medium. Also the rotting fruit smell is unpleasant, though if I liked the color I'd try to ignore it.

on 10/18/2008 7:02:00 PM

Also got this as GWP - so the packaging as rather cheap-looking. The lipstick does have a strong scent which I don't mind. It goes on very creamy, you definitely feel the product on when you rub your lips together.
The color has a coral tinge to it. It is not bad but I don't think it does anything special

Popular Lipsticks