L'Oreal On The Loose Shimmering Eye Powder in Tart

L'Oreal On The Loose Shimmering Eye Powder in Tart

4.4

on 12/7/2016 3:42:00 PM

Can L'Oreal please bring this discontinued color back. One of my favorites to completement so many other colors and great eye brightener if you get a good angle brush and apply as eye liner. Miss this beautiful OTC shade -Tart.

on 6/19/2008 8:36:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Ok, Ok, I know this is long discontinued but it deserves a review to keep it alive! It's a gorgeous shade of apple green that can appear to be olive if worn with certain other e/s colors. It's got a beautiful shimmer to it...I can see gold, yellow, green and blue sparkles. I'm a PPP with dry skin and this has great durability on me...about 9 hours.

If you can find this at a dollar store, big lots or ebay I suggest you grab it! This is a must have color for everyone.

After having owned another OTL in Mystified, I felt confident in trying this shade. In the pot, Tart is a bright, delicious yellow based green, with just tiny flashes of blue. I'm not sure exactly why this color didn't work for me, since I have a 15 pan full of green e/s, but it just fell way short for me. I have oily lids, so using this alone was sort of pointless. Over a base, even like MAC's Chartru paint and layering, I felt as though the color was too translucent, which is not what I'm looking for at all. Totally disappointing! I would probably do better with the Teal OTL if I can ever find it.

on 10/20/2005 8:15:00 PM

Why do cosmetic companies always have to discontinue items that I love?! Judging by the way On The Loose powders sell on ebay, I'd say that L'Oreal made a big mistake! Anyway. Tart is a beautiful apple/mint green shade with gold shimmer that does wonders to brown eyes. I love using this as a wash on my eyes without any other eye makeup. The amount of powder it that came with the jar lasts forever, too (though not nearly enough since you can no longer buy these...). Find these and grab these if you can!

on 8/19/2005 10:52:00 AM

Normally I like my greens to be either smoky/greyish or an olive/khaki-ish sort of color. So I'm a little surprised that I like "Tart" so much. This is a light, bright, (but not in a screaming, neon sort of way--just fresh and clean), crisp celery/spring green, beautifully balanced between yellow and green (there's just a hint of mint-blue here) and with a highly shimmery finish. It's a wonderful accent color for a silver, gold or smoky look and so attractive against dark eyes :) Good quality, finely-milled, easily blended powder that lasts (with a base or the use of Visine or a medium) as long as you want it. Comes in a small, screw-top jar sans sifter, which I prefer with my loose, pigment powders. Cheap as anything since the OTLs are discontinued. Keep your eyes peeled for these in off-price/close-out and dollar stores and discount/clearance bins.

on 11/21/2004 2:49:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

If mermaids wore eyeshadow, they'd wear this color. It looks like a shimmery lime/granny smith apple green color in the pot, but once applied is much more dimensional. As unromantic as this sounds, when this shadow catches the light, it looks like it's shot through w/ a small rainbow of colors--like fish scales (Unfortunately, as an e/s newbie and inept klutz, I find the loose powder format too difficult to work w/. Veteran eye m/u users should have a lot of fun w/ this product, though. continued >>

on 8/10/2004 3:01:00 PM

I just found this in the drugstore d/c for $1.37. Applied wet it last all day and looks great with MAC plumage. It is such a fun color.

No color explanation needed...just as the name implies...granny smith apple green! Great for making brown eyes pop, smooth, has staying power, but sadly dc'd.

on 6/18/2004 10:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Tart looks dark celery green but when I put it on my eyes, it becomes a pastel sparkly green. I don't put it all over, just in my inner corners to lighten up my eyes when I wear green shadow such as Milani Clover. Very pretty! I'm glad in I didn't buy a jar and got samples in a swap because I would never be able to finish a whole jar!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

this is a great color... the name is just like the color, a tart green apple. its pretty pigmented and has a great shimmer to it. one of my favorite otls!