Anastasia Of Beverly Hills Dipbrow Brow Pomade

Anastasia Of Beverly Hills  Dipbrow Brow Pomade
Dipbrow Brow PomadeDipbrow Brow PomadeAnastasia Of Beverly Hills Dip Brow PomadeDipbrow Brow Pomade

4.4

on 11/20/2017 9:18:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I like it but don't love it. My main complaint is color. I have blonde hair and blue eyes, warm, gold tone skin. I own blonde and taupe and both are much darker than they appear in the pot or swatched. The blonde has a golden, borderline reddish cast to it in sunlight and the taupe has a grayish tone that I really hate. It works better for me if I mix the taupe and blonde and blend them together in the lid of one of the jars. The other complaint is it dries out long before it's gone and I always screw the tops back on very tightly. It is NOT totally smudge proof, sweat proof or water proof, not in the summer in Florida, at least not on me. It doesn't melt right off, but if I rub it, it does, mainly by the nose and the tail area.

I tint my eyebrows with Refectocil. I used to have it done at the salon but it's so easy, I just asked what they used, got it and do it myself. I mix light brown and dark brown to get the color they used and that I want. My brows aren't terribly thick but not terribly sparse, they are just pale and I over tweezed the tail too many times and I'm just getting it to grow back but that part is very sparse and I have some areas that need filled in. I love pencils because to me they are so much more natural looking, mimicking real hairs but it takes a while. The NYX Micro pencil pulled out 3 of those precious tail hairs this week so it is in timeout at the back of the eye makeup drawer for misbehaving. Great pencil, makes perfect natural looking hairs, but its so darn hard on the eyebrows. If they just made it a tiny bit softer.

If I'm in a big hurry I use Dipbrow pomade but I'm not a makeup artist and it takes a lot of practice to get a natural look unless you already have almost perfect brows. For me, the secret is using a very tiny amount of product on the brush and I mean a really tiny amount. Too much product and it looks so fake and painted on and dark. I don't like the big bushy unnatural looking instagram brow. Whatever I use I don't want it to scream PRODUCT or FAKE. I want it to look natural and this can, but it takes some work, For me it is not swipe it on and head out the door. I have to play around with it.

I'm not sure if I will repurchase again when these dry out(and they will). I've never used it up, it always dries up first and I really prefer the control and natural look I am able to achieve with pencils. But I'll say yes, just because I seem to always break down and repurchase it because there are times when I do like to use it, even if just to fill in after outlining my brows with a pencil if I'm in a hurry .But I never use it up, they always dry out first. If they make a new color between blonde and taupe, a true soft brown with no red and no gray, so I could buy one color that worked, I definitely would repurchase. If they don't, I will probably be satisfied with Milani Stay Put Brow color in Taupe because honestly, I may like it just as much(but the jury is still out). I have more control while applying and their taupe doesn't have that weird, fake looking gray cast color that Anastasia's does and it's a lot cheaper too. Also the pot is smaller so I use it up before it dries out, another plus. Downside it is wetter and doesn't stick to bare skin in sparse areas, Anastasia's is better at that. But that's for another review and I just ordered the Milani in soft brown, so haven't tried that one yet. I'm almost finished with the taupe( no drying out before finished with it), then I'll try the soft brown BUT a friend told me she uses it and she is pretty sure it is going to be too dark for me. We shall see.

I've had my same dip brow pot for months, I can't even remember when I bought it, that's how long it's been. A little goes a long way! During summer months, I seem to sweat from my eyebrows (strange I know) but I never have to worry about this product smudging or melting off. I would buy this product a million times over.

on 9/25/2017 10:17:00 AM

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

I'm so late to the DipBrow party! I recently received a sampler with four different shades of DipBrow and a tiny little brush. Of the four shades, I used Dark Brown, which was a great match for my black hair/brows. You only need a teeny tiny bit to fill in sparse brows and it blends beautifully before setting. I used my MAC 266 brush to apply the pomade and a Sonia Kashik lash/brow brush to brush out and blend it into my brows. Previously, I was a loyal Shu Uemura brow pencil user in Seal Brown/Stone Grey, which gives you more control than DipBrow, but I could see myself getting better at using the latter with continued use.

The only reasons why this isn't a definite repurchase is because 1) DipBrow is made in China; and 2) I'm getting my brows embroidered (semi permanent makeup) this weekend! Otherwise, this is an excellent brow product.

on 9/21/2017 11:10:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

YouTube's beauty guys, are you serious? You would spend this much and rave so much about a product as This? Well, I respect your opinion but this is not for me. Your brows dont look natural and it is not worth the investment.My sister uses the Rimmel brow kit that comes with a waxy blend and powder to finish. And it's quarter the price of this.

on 9/11/2017 6:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i dont know what i would do without my dipbrow. eyebrows are very important and this makes me look and feel flawless. a little goes a long way because this is extremely pigmented. if you have never tried this, you will have to practice a few times to get used to it. i've gone through multiple tubes for the past 3 years and have never strayed away. the price is great because this lasts such a long time - around 6 months.

on 9/16/2017 1:45:00 PM

This is most waterproof brow product that I have used so far. I really like it blends so easily to create different kind of brow looks. I used to only use brow powders and brow pencils but now I definitely can't live without the amazing dipbrow .

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

For the longest time, I've resisted the brow pomade in a jar for my sparse asian brows and stuck to my automatic brow pencils for its ease and portability. I thought brow pomades always looked too bold for my natural look, but considering I am a sweaty hiker during the summer, I got it to see if lasts as long as everyone says. I purchased this with the accompany ABH brow brush with spoolie, however the trick to making this look good is:
1. Use a thicker brow brush like the Real Techniques Brow Brush in the Eye Essentials Kit
2. Dab it into the jar and work the product on the back of my hand, really getting the product into the brush hairs and take off excess
3. Start from mid brow to end, what s left goes into the front of my brow
Optional 4. Touch up on parts where I need more precision with ABH brow brush and spoolie them up.

I really like the look I can achieve with the pomade, in fact is does look way more natural than my old flame automatic pencils. I still reach for them if I am in a huge hurry but if I can spare two minutes more, I rather do the pomade.

Pros:
It does last through a sweaty hike although the tails of the brow will lose it sharpness if I dab my brows nonstop
Colour in medium brown works with my hair when it was blue, green, ombre blonde and my natural dark brown
You can achieve a variety of looks, natural to more defined depending on the brush and pressure used

Cons:
More time consuming to apply
Once this sets on the back of your hand, you need a makeup remover to take it off thoroughly

I got mine at Sephora for $23 CAD and I forsee it lasting me over a year with daily use.

on 8/31/2017 8:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

edit: After a few months of not using, I discovered the product dried out a bit. Despite multiple tips everywhere on how to moisten it I GREATLY prefer this slightly dry. Easier to work with, more natural look, staying power just the same!

Original review:
I hate to be a downer on this product because it performs as promised, however I have issues with it that I can't get past. Which is not having consistent looking brows every day. Brand new, the product is smooth and easy to get just the right amount of dipbrow on your fine/tiny brow brush. I learned what worked for me as I have to fill in quite a bit (the great divide that is my eyebrows) PLUS my brows are not exactly placed evenly above my eyes. But years of practice with pencils & powders, I know what to do.

Back to dipbrow pomade... After a month or so of use the smooth top of product gets worn down by tiny brush marks making it bumpy. At that point there still a lot of product left, would last forever it seems.. but I found it simply impossible to correctly gauge the right amount of product on the brush due to all the nooks and crannies.. So one day light brows, one day super dark, next day too thick from overcorrecting. Not good! I'm sure some women are able to get this right but not me lol.

Pros: long lasting, smudgeproof. I have medium brown hair, brows slightly darker and I went with soft brown. (with Brow Wiz pencil I do medium brown). Soft brown has a very slight reddish undertone, probably more natural on me than a straight ashy brown.

Sweet mother of Jesus, there are few things that I love more than this product. A little bit goes a long way, I use this product with ABH's angled brush then outline my brows with concealer for a clean, sharp look and then for the final touch, ABH's clear eyebrow gel to set my brows. It has stayed, even when I'm caught in the rain! A must-have!

on 9/5/2017 5:11:00 PM

The pomade it great, but the packaging is terrible. I've only had this for about a month and the plastic cap has cracks in it. Additionally, the top Anastasia Beverly Hills logo has worn off. How can something be so expensive as brow gel but the packaging can't last as long as the actual product. It's disappointing.

Popular Brows Products