Anastasia Of Beverly Hills Dipbrow Brow Pomade

Anastasia Of Beverly Hills  Dipbrow Brow Pomade
Dipbrow Brow PomadeDipbrow Brow PomadeAnastasia Of Beverly Hills Dip Brow PomadeDipbrow Brow Pomade

4.5

on 6/12/2017 5:53:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I have been using a dark charcoal powder with a brush to fill in and darken my brows and was satisfied. When I ran out I considered getting a well known and well advertised brow enhancer but thought it looked too complicated.

Whilst browsing a make-up website, I came across the Anastasia Dip Brow Pomade and then found it elsewhere at a very low price so decided I could afford to throw it away if it wasn't any good.

The product came with a slanted application brush and a mascara like brush on the other end for blending. It takes practice as it has very intense pigment. I don't like the permanent marker look, I prefer a subtle and natural look and found only the tiniest amount was required, first dabbing the loaded brush onto the back of my hand to get rid of the excess.

The product glides on smoothly and provides good coverage. It's supposed to be water and smudge proof and does stay in place all day. Because of the small amount required I think it will last for a very long time. So far, so good. I would recommend this product.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

this pomade is amazing
waterproof, won't smear
real story, i use this pomade when i play around in waterfall
i thought the pomade will be gone by the time i finish play around in the waterfall
IT STILL EXIST

so, this product is one of the best brow product i have purchase

on 5/29/2017 3:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I bought this before it's cheaper dupe (NYX Brow Pomade but I haven't tried that one yet) came out and I'm still really happy with this product given it's price. A little goes a long way and it's really easy to work with an angled brush. I've had mine for a long time, maybe a bit too long but it's nowhere near drying out anytime soon. The hype is real with this product.

Very good value for such a high quality product. It only requires a tiny amount of product with an eyebrow brush so it will last you forever. It also stays in place and is versatile as it can be used for a wide variety of looks from natural to dramatic.

on 4/25/2017 10:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

first of all, i have to give a shoutout to the girl at sephora for knowing my shade better than i do. the pomade i was using from elf was a bit darker and i dont think it looked bad (my hair is lighter than my brows but i dont mind if my overall brow color doesn't match my hair as well as my brow hairs) so i said i wanted chocolate or dark brown but she recommended medium and my dubious ass was like "HM WELL I'LL TRY IT" as i walked out and i definitely prefer the lightness of medium brown to what i was using before hahaha. also, it's a touch red which is nice, i don't mind because my hair has some red tones in it anyway.

i digress. i really love this brow product. i did have experience with applying brow gel before buying this, so that probably helped the learning curve significantly, though there still was one regardless. depending on the brush you use and how hard you dip into the pot, you can pick up way too much product, though fortunately it's fairly easy to blend it out across the rest of your brows. as a general rule of thumb, stiffer brushes tend to pick up more product, while softer bristles will pick up less.

this stuff doesn't move throughout the day. it looks way less oily on me than the elf kit used to throughout the day, and is specifically formulated for oily skin. it's somewhat waterproof and certainly doesn't ever move unless you tell it to. my one complaint is just that it because it isn't very dark it can look a little light in spots where my hair is sparse or nonexistent, and after almost 3 months i haven't quite mastered the art of picking up juuuust the right amount of product to adequately fill it in (i always go overboard lmao) so i do have to go back over it with a darker brow powder at times. but that's not a problem everyone will have, so i don't take stars off for it.

also, yes, you can get a very precise look with this stuff, but i do think it's possible to get a really natural looking application as well, which is why i love it so much~

because i dont have much brow to work with i'll probably get through my pot sooner than the average user but i still think it was $18 well spent!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I got my brows microbladed and a little of this for my brows when I have a full face of makeup on does the trick! Little goes a long way, will last you forever. I've had mine for over a year and still works great!

on 3/1/2017 6:44:00 PM

I don't have a lot of brow to work with. This product makes me look like a normal human. It's got the perfect consistency for my preference. It's not too creamy or waxy but is not dry. It's also nice if you have Duraline (Inglot) because if it dries out (mine did after a while), the Duraline rejuvenates it fairly nicely.
I got the color taupe which was perfect for me. I do recommend getting their brush or a brush similar. It's stiff and fairly streamlined. I've tried other eyebrow brushes and they are all generally too wide. I don't want Groucho Marx brows.

on 2/24/2017 4:56:00 PM

I really wanted to love Dipbrow and *get* why everyone else raves about it. Hell, I actively want to love it, and use it every once in a while even still. But to me, I don't want to spend 20 minutes on my brows alone, and that's what it takes with this product. The consistency (which is really not helped by the pot container, it dries out quite quickly for how much product is in there, though I've semi-successfully revived mine with a drop of mineral oil now and then) is really dry and it's basically like trying to do your brows with a poorly-pigmented eyeshadow—good if you're into meticulously layering on color, bad if you don't want to be in front of the mirror all day. I have the Anastasia 7B brush and even that hasn't helped the ease of use. It's difficult to make a crisp line, because it goes on so faintly, and as you layer, inevitably it begins to blur a bit. OH or if you use a bit more product on your brush, it's all of a sudden WAY TOO MUCH on your face. Beyond pigmentation problems, the dryness prevents decent hold on my brow hairs (admittedly, they can be uncooperative from time to time, but they're fine, not coarse, so I don't see why they won't stay put with something that's supposed to act as a pomade). Also, this has a really hard time staying in the random gaps that I'm trying to fill in (that's half of why I'm filling my brows in the first place!). It's like it just won't stay on my skin, but the hair around the gap just gets darker and darker. My best success with Dipbrow has come from using it in conjunction with a brow stencil and then finessing the shape afterwards but I really don't love that look—sticking with NYX brow gel for now.

on 2/2/2017 6:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I have had my little jar of dark brown for 2 years and it looks like I have at least a years worth left. I use it every single day, although sometimes I just use what is left on my angled brow brush... I have dark brown brows with sprinkles of grey ( started when I was 30!) and the pomade does a decent job of coated the grey strands and filling in sparse areas. It lasts a good 15 hours or so , even after the gym etc. I have had to practice! You tube has tons of good tutorials and the reason I say that is, the pomade can look very harsh and Lucille Ball like if you don't tone it down.
I take a dab, and put it in the cap. Using an angled brush, I schmoosh a teeny dot and then start at the middle of each brow, not at the very start of the brow! Looks fake if its too dark at the start. Then I brush up and over my brows and finally I brush upward the start of the brow areas ( think how Madonna used to brush her brows up) . Then I smooth them down a little bit but leaving them semi tousled gives a very natural look. I never used brow product for year and years until this! I have been known to dye my brows with my cruelty free non toxic hair dye, but this is soooo much easier!

on 1/27/2017 7:13:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

One word: amazing!
Definitely changed my eyebrow game! Also did a friend's eyebrows and they've never looked better #NoShade!

Despite its retail price, I would say it's good value for money. I purchased mine at £15. It would still be slightly more expensive than buying an eyebrow pencil but it's worth it as it's a good product and it lasts ages!

Doesn't smudge unless you reeeeeally try to. Pretty much waterproof, I've bathed and showered with this product on my face and it DOES NOT budge!!

PROS:
• creamy
• thick but not too thick
• application is easy
• able to create multiple and various looks using the same product
• a lot less harsh than pencil
• lasts AGES!

CONS:
• towards the end, the product can dry out, although this is easy to combat.... Spray some fix+ and you're good to go... Creamy again!
• price - not a con imo, definitely worth the price!

I would definitely say I love this product and I would purchase again!

Popular Brows Products