Anastasia Of Beverly Hills Dipbrow Brow Pomade

Anastasia Of Beverly Hills  Dipbrow Brow Pomade

4.4

on 7/26/2016 9:31:00 PM

After hearing so many good reviews I figured that Dipbrow was worth a try. I have medium sparse brows, and a small bald spot due to a scar on my eyebrow, and this is AMAZING. You only need a tiny amount of product, one light tap with a good brush does the job, and you can achieve a very natural, long lasting look. A tiny bit extra gives a polished, precise finish. The pot looks small when you see it but given the amount of product needed it lasts an incredibly long time. I have combination skin, and my brow bone can get oily after a long day, Dipbrow is up to the challenge, and does not budge. It can be very pigmented so I'd recommend only light pressure to apply, and build up as you need.

It can dry out quickly in the pot, but popping the lid on in-between dips helps, and a tiny drop of oil if it gets to that stage.

For Aud $32 this is an absolute bargain for a high end product, and I will definitely repurchase once I've run out.

on 7/24/2016 7:36:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

i am on my third pot of ABH dipbrow and i have decided to stop trying to make it work for me.
i do have quite sparse thin brows so maybe this product isn't designed for me but in saying that there are lots of girls with the same brows who make it work.

pros:
- long wear: this stuff DOES NOT come off! i use my hand as a mixing palette and once it has set i will have a brown brush mark from it for the whole day. its easy to get off when you want to remove it though
- good colour range

cons:
- too hard to work with
- dries out within a month (yes i have tried reviving it with baby oil, heat, hot water)
- dries too quickly on my skin and can't blend it with my brows fast enough
- expensive in NZ ($40)
- so easy to mess up

i still give it a 3 for its staying power but i don't think i can make it work for me.

To Read all 64 Reviews, Login or Join

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Shade - Chocolate
Now the only brow product i use. I purchased the shade chocolate which think would suit quite a lot of people. If you use very little it looks a little too warm for my liking so i think when i repurchase id go for a darker colour like ebony. It is so amazing i love how pigmented it is and it lasts all day. A lot of reviews I read before says it very difficult to use but i found it relatively easy as if I was using any other product. I would say if you don't like your eyebrows to be warm and you are going for use of little product for a natural look you should find a cool toned eyeshadow and use little on top and its perfect. I love to use collections brow kit. I find with this product you don't need brow gel and your eyebrow hairs will stay in place all day.

on 6/23/2016 8:29:00 AM

I love this stuff so much! Before buying this product, my brow game was so not on point. I have naturally light eyebrows, much lighter than my hair, and so I have to darken my brows on the daily or I just don't feel like I look right.

So, I used to use just pencils, and those don't provide enough of a shade difference in my opinion, or it's hard to find one that matches my hair color. I'm brunette and for pencils a lot of them were just not right, like they had too much red in them or just the wrong shade of brown. Then I switched over to ELF's eyebrow kit which I did like and the color matched my hair really well. However, the gel product just didn't stick around long enough, and I found that if I had an itchy brow I could wipe part of my eyebrow makeup right off!

Knowing I had a cruise coming up and I wanted full brows in the photos from that trip, I ended up taking a friend's recommendation and trying Anastasia dipbrow. And oh my goodness, I have not been disappointed for a moment! This product is perfect. Medium brown matches my hair color perfectly, and the product is waterproof! I have not managed to wipe off any part of my brows because this stuff has such great staying power. I went swimming and they were fine, and they lasted through any sweating that occurred from being in Caribbean climates. After experiencing the awesomeness of this product for that cruise, I have never looked back.

Dipbrow is yeah, more expensive than the previous products I used, but it's so worth it that I will not hesitate again to spend the money on this product when I run out of my current pot. One thing I did find is that dipbrow is a lot (A LOT!) harder to put on than the ELF eyebrow kit gel. It's not as thin and creamy, and I ended up grabbing way too much on my brush and not realizing it was going to go on quite so strong! So if you are used to using another product (like, yeah, ELF brand), then you'll need to get some dipbrow on your brush and then wipe it off on the inside of the pot before you go to put it on your brows.

Anyway! This stuff is seriously the best and I will never ever trust my brows with anything else.

This stuff. Let me tell you. Amazing! I LOVE how my brows look after using this! I used to buy the brow wiz by ABH but I found it looked very fake and drawn on. After hearing all the hype on the dipbrow, I decided to give it a try.
I have fair skin, blonde hair, but dark eyebrows. In the brow wiz, I tried the Chocolate shade and it was too warm for my complexion. It almost had a red tint to it. When I ordered the dipbrow online I opted for a different shade which was a huge mistake. I eventually went into Sephora to see the product up close and nervously chose Chocolate again. It was a perfect match, which is odd considering the brow wiz wasn't.

Overall, the product is super pigmented. A little goes a long way, and I can see this stuff lasting me months. I didn't choose to purchase the dipbrow brush, instead I have been using an eyeliner brush from Sephora and a regular brow comb. This product does not make my eyebrows look overdone or fake, but I also have very naturally thick eyebrows that just need a little defining and filling in. The product applies smoothly and easily, and I find that the pomade is easy to wipe off with a cotton swab if there's any accidents.

The only con I can find with this product is the packaging. It's nothing major, but as someone who isn't very gentle I worry I will break the glass container the pomade comes in. However it's been so far so good.

I'm so excited to keep using this product and I would encourage anyone to buy it!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I LOVE THIS STUFF. When I went to Sephora to pick this up, I was actually originally planning to only get either the Brow Wiz or the Brow Definer because they seemed the most mistake-proof and from what I saw on IG and YouTube, Dipbrow seemed too drawn-on and fake. But when I asked an associate which product she recommended between Brow Wiz and the Brow Definer, she said go for the Dipbrow instead. So I picked it up in Dark Brown and watched a couple how-to videos on YouTube. A little definitely goes a long way, and you can make either very dramatic looks or natural looks. My natural brows are shapely but sparse and uneven in some areas. Normally I use tiny hairlike strokes the same way I would with a pencil in the sparse areas, define the arches, and extend the tail a little bit. Someone here said it sets quickly, but I don't find that it does. Despite that, this stuff really lasts whether I'm going out for a run or heading out for a night out. Even if I take a shower or wash my face regularly, there'll still be some product left on my brows unless I put some makeup remover on it. Additionally, I went to the beach yesterday to test out just how long it lasts, and after getting tossed and turned by pretty strong waves, my brows were STILL on fleek. The $18 is totally worth it imo, especially since I've read reviews of Brow Wiz and the Brow Definer and for $21-$23 you don't even get that much product/it breaks while this will often last a whole year even with regular use.

TL;DR: ABH Dipbrow is amazing and will keep your brows fleek af through rain or shine, or even the beach.

maybe I just don't know how to use pomades, or that I'm not used to seeing my brows filled in fully, they aren't sparse, but they aren't Cara style brows either. I have a hard time using these products, pencils are way easier and have more control. these set very quickly so u have to work fast. I love the texture of these products but I have to practice using these before I wear them out of the house

on 5/31/2016 1:44:00 PM

I'm very surprised I actually loveeee this product . I was a little skeptical because I've seen it all over IG and YT and it seemed a bit harsh and unnatural. The frist time I tired it I used wayyy too much product. You literaly need the tiniest bit its very pigmented. I use the shade ebony , I have an olive complexion nc40 dark brown/black hair. I am currently growing out my eyebrows and have a few gaps this fills them in perfectly , way better then my brow pencil and powder together, and its much easier to use just one step and done.

on 5/30/2016 2:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hands down this is the best for grooming eyebrows. Applied with the corresponding anastasia #12 brush with the spoolie end. I use TAUPE, which works well with my eyebrows. I'm naturally a dish water blonde with dark cool tone eyebrows. A little goes a long way, so this jar will last a long time. I have been using daily x 1 week and barely a dent. Last all day, I use my oil cleanser to remove it. Have yet to try swimming with this product. Recommend to go to sephora and play around with the colors to get a good match.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This product is the holiest of grails. I bought it online for about $28NZD, which actually doesn't make it much more expensive than a drugstore product here, and it's the lowest priced of the Anastasia brow products, so I consider it a steal. For me, it was intended to replace a cheap brow pencil, and I have only been using it for a week but the difference is already astonishing. The thing about pencils is that the pigment tends to apply to the skin under your brows instead of the actual hairs, making them look a lot more messy and fake. The Dipbrow Pomade does colour the hair, however, making it look like you've dyed your brows rather than applied product over them. I was a chump and bought it with the recommended Anastasia brow brush, which I admit does work very well in collaboration with it. The packaging is appropriate for the kind of product it is, and though I'm not looking forward to the inevitable drying out, that isn't a deal-breaker for me. It doesn't hold the hairs in place, but I wasn't expecting this anyway, so I simply use a gel over top of it. A lot of people have said that they've had trouble finding the correct way to apply it, but it entirely depends on what you're aiming for, and I managed to get the hang of it straight away. The product is extremely pigmented, making it great for doing really striking, made-up brows, but can also give a very clean, natural look with a lighter hand. It's basically the brow product equivalent of that "get you a guy/girl who can do both" meme, and the fact that I mentioned this is going to make my review so dated in a few months, but who cares? Get you a brow product that can do both.

Popular Brows Products