NARS Body Glow

NARS Body Glow

3.1

Coconut Oil, Mineral Oil, Sunflower seed oil, Silica, Gardenia Tahitensis flower, Ethylhexyl Methohycinnamate, Parfum, Bixa Orellana seed extract, Tocopherol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydroxycitronellal, Linalool, Butyphenyl methylpropional, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Salicylate, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, CI 61565 (green 6), CI 26100 (red 17), CI 47000 (yellow 11))

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

This is a holy grail. I own both of the monoi glow oils. They smell divine. There is nothing more exotic, sensual and tropical than the tiare flower. It brings you to Tahiti. And the coconut oil is so rich and divine on the skin. I even wear it on my face and itv makes me glow gorgeous. I love both and bronzed and clear version. I wish nars would make a perfume of this scent. It is just so rich and gorgeous. The price is expensive, which is ky only complaint. And why does the ingredient show mineral oil? I thought it was pure coconut oil and other oils. Anyway it is so rich and divine I love it.

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

Ok here me out. I bought this because Gigi gorgeous was raving about it in two of her videos. I wanted to glam myself and though I'll give my body a healthy shimmer look and use this on top of my fake tanned skin. The biggest reason why I gave it a 2 stars because it isn't worth the price. Please go buy the BODY SHOP HONEY BRONZING OIL because it is the same but a lot cheaper. Same scent as well as result.

The results: it doesn't make the skin more bronze. You will pour it out and it will look all shimmery and bronze but once you rub it into your skin there is nothing but the oil. So 92$ for this result is definately not worth it. It gives your skin a healthy glow but any oil could do that. And I also bought this cause I like the glitter in it but it doesn't show up and it would be better if you got a highlighter and dust it all over your body instead. It just really isn't worth the hefty price and it didn't give the results I wanted

on 7/15/2015 11:32:00 AM

People tell me I smell of cookies when I wear this. It's such a pointless product. I let my mom buy it for me because I'd seen it in Vogue and it looked so luxurious. She went crazy and bought be the flipping candle too. I felt so guilty.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Depending on how you plan to use this will determine whether or not this is a good product for you.

Pros:
- creates an amazing, gleamy, sexy sweaty looking sunkissed glow on skin
- has a sweet tropical scent
- glamorous packaging (although this is also a con)

Cons:
- sticky/doesn't full absorb into skin
- leaves a bronzey, oily residue on whatever you skin brushes up against
- comes in a glass bottle (which many reviewers mentioned they have dropped and shattered)
- expensive

If your intent is to use this for a photo shoot in which you a) won't be physically doing much and b) want to fake instant glamorous beach glow like you've tanned under the sun for days and consumed 50 gallons of coconut water while doing so, then this is PERFECT. Instant beautification. Or you could use this as pre-beach application for a little beach glamour but just know this could interfere with the performance of your sunblock so that is probably not recommended.

However, for the everyday practical application, this FAILS miserably. I wouldn't even recommend you use it for special occasions where you have to look like glowing goddess J.Lo. Here's why: it leaves colored/oily residue on whatever your skin brushes up against so don't even try wearing white with this (and be careful about who/what you touch -- you may end up leaving stains on them). I rubbed in a small amount on my arms to test out before going to the gym (as my plan was to shower right after the gym) and my poor trainer touched my arm to correct my form and said "ew, why are you so sticky? why is it all over my hand?!" My arms looked and smelled great (it made my muscles more apparent), but it left residue on my trainer's hand and when I took off my clothes to shower later, I found it smeared on parts of my clothes that had dragged against my skin when I took them off. I also stand around sometimes with my arms crossed, and I had to wash my hands at least three times because of the sticky residue.

Would not purchase again as at the end of the day, as vain as I am, any product I use has to be practical in application and performance because I do not have time to fuss with it after initial application. This product would make me do just that.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I saw this in Sephora and thought I'd try a little sample on my arm. It smelled great & blended so smooth! The price scared me, but I gave in & bought it. Dun dun dun... Got home and wanted to put it all over to go out. This product, for me, didn't work so great when it was used on a large area. I was streaky and fought with it to look decent. Hours passed and all in the crevices looked dirty. The inside of my arm had the bronzed clumped in my skin. I honesty felt a little icky after putting this on. It felt like tanning oil after a long day of tanning. You know that greasy feeling, no matter how much you try to rub it in your skin. I also wish the bottle had a spray, or a pump! Those impulse purchases sometimes don't work out.

The best thing about this product is that it smells fantastic. The smell reminds me of summer. Other than that, this is pretty much useless. First off, the color and the shimmer in the bottle separate. No amount of shaking will ever make this product settle together like it's supposed to. The packaging is atrocious. It looks pretty, but it's in a glass bottle that will probably break if you drop it. It's hard to get out of the small hole at the top. When you do get it out, it does barely anything. It does not bronze your skin and gives a VERY MINIMAL sparkle. I never use this stuff because it does nothing really. Waste of money.

on 7/10/2012 1:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

My God, this stuff is pricey! I've known about Nars Body Glow since Sephora's early days, & I've always loved glowy body shimmers, but at that time I didn't like gardenia scents & was disappointed how little shimmer payoff I got compared to the amount of oily slick on my skin. I also found the glass bottle difficult to control (God forbid it should slip out of my hands & shatter on the floor!). That turned me off & I turned my back on Nars Body Glow for 12 yrs, moving on to other shimmer products (usually lotions, sometimes powders).

It's funny how tastes change over the yrs! Recently I fell in love with all things monoi after buying Carol's Daughter Monoi shampoo & conditioner. I thought the gardenia scent might give me the creeps but it proved exactly opposite - smells DIVINE! Now I adore Nars Body Glow for its luscious Tiare gardenia monoi scent, for its blissfuly lightweight moisturizing texture (so silky!), & for the bit of glow it gives to my summer-tanned skin (doesn't appear on my winter pale skin). It doesn't bronze me up but it does very subtley enhance my tan by giving it a gentle sheen. I put this on my lower legs yesterday & I like how the light oil didn't attract dirt to my skin the way heavier oils have while commuting through the smoggy, sooty city.

So far I haven't bought a bottle because of the $60 price. I'm going to try less expensive monoi alternatives, since I'm more keen now on the fragrance as opposed to the shimmer. I'm sure somewhere down the line I will be grabbing a bottle of Body Glow for myself. It's a luxurious product I now enjoy, finally, 12 yrs after the fact.

on 9/5/2011 4:43:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I'm honestly surprised at some of the negative reviews this got. I've tried this twice now and can honestly say, this is probably HG for me! I love that the texture is moisturizing without being too oily. It delivers a nice bronzey sheen to the skin without being too over the top. A gorgeous bronzey-gold glow. The scent is decent and better than most of the other body bronzers I've tried. My only beef is the packaging. I would personally have preferred a squeeze tube or pump, but that's a minor complaint that doesn't turn me off from using it because I love the effect it leaves on the skin. . The lasting power is better than bronzing body powders that I've tried (everything from B&BW to UD's powders, etc). This is probably right up there w/ the Victoria's Secret body bronzers that I've tried. Overall, a product I can see using often during the warmer summer months.

it is average. so, i am not surprised some people love it and some hate it. i figure with this one, your mileage may vary. personally i have yet to find a body oil that i just love. i wrote " Yes " i would purchase simply to indicate i do not regret this purchase, but will i buy again if i use it up entirely?, i doubt it.
however,i love the packaging. i love all NARS packaging!

on 3/24/2009 2:25:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This product is damn Sexy!!! I really can't understand the bad reviews at all. Can only think that they maybe didn't put enough on or melt it sufficiently or maybe they need to exfoliate first? On me, this stuff looks and feels amazing. It comes almost solid in the bottle and you have to immerse the bottle in warm water for a few mins to melt it into its oil state. Then, slather on all over for a sexy, golden, sheeny glow. I love this oil, its very nourishing if you have dry skin like me and it actually makes my skin look sheeny and glistening with a gorgeous golden brown colour- very J-lo! I'm not sure if this stuff may stain underwear though as so far I've only worn black undergarments and would be a bit concerned about wearing white. As for some people complaining that its too oily- erm, hello?, its a body OIL so what do you expect?!! it does come out as an oil but if its rubbed in properly its certainly not greasy at all. It is very expensive for what it is but frankly, I don't care, if it makes my skin and me look and feel this good, its worth it. Very sexy product.