no images

package quality

price range

Reviews

Nov/30/2006

Fire is a dark berry burgundy color. It has a slightly sticky barely there feel. This color looks natural if applied lightly & more dramatic when applied heavily. It wears off after an hour or two, but my lips felt moist after use of this product. It is a beautiful color & it works well when cpmbined with other glosses.

About reviewer (107 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

EyesBlue

fromxel_ha

Nov/26/2005

This looks like a wine/berry stain on me. Very pretty. Compliments my med.olive skintone. Love the texture--not sticky/tacky, good lasting power, and great shine. Definitely a repurchase.

About reviewer (122 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinVery Oily, Olive

frommyfuel

Nov/24/2004

Fire is a very pretty berry red color. It looks dark in the tube, but goes on sheer. It's longer lasting than most glosses, and when it was completely gone, my lips had a reddish stain. I love it.

About reviewer (72 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinOily, Fair-Medium

HairBlack

Oct/16/2004

PROS: long-lasting, beautiful shine<p>CONS: It smelled like old lipstick to me, kind of dusty or waxy. Fire looking like a dark brownish red in the tube but this is one of the sheerest of the Smashbox lipglosses which are usually very pigmented. On my lips, it goes on as a beautiful shiny berry color with no shimmer.It's lovely but I can get almost the same effect with other cheaper …Read more

About reviewer (111 reviews)

SkinCombination

2.0

Jun/07/2004

Starts out a lovely sheer maroon color but after wearing off a bit becomes a horrid bright candy pink! So disappointed I'm writing this review from my desk at work where I first discovered the evil lip-color switcheroo (the one thing I despise most in lipsticks).

About reviewer (70 reviews)

Age

SkinCombination, Other, Not Sure

HairBrown, Other, Other

EyesGreen

3.0

Apr/16/2004

Awesome color. Sheer, not really sparkly, way lighter on than it looks in the tube, and perfect *PERFECT* color for me. Less heavy and less sticky than MAC lipglass but still stays on.

*EDIT*
I have to dock a couple of lipsticks, because I was wrong... it doesn't stay on well at all. It looks so pretty when you put it on, but it is gone within an hour even if you …

About reviewer (41 reviews)

SkinCombination

HairBrunette

fromPeggyA

May/16/2003

I really have to wonder about the people who give the names to cosmetics. The name of this lipgloss is completely wrong for this color. When you say the word fire to me I picture a bright orange-red or at the very least a red red color. This lipgloss is not red at all, it's a beautiful sheer maroon color. I like this color the best of all the smashbox lipglosses I have tried. This lipgloss …Read more

About reviewer (821 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinDry, Fair, Warm

HairBrown, Curly, Fine

EyesBlue

May/16/2003

This looks like a deep burgandy in the tube but applies sheerly like a berry shade. Very light and feminine. NOt overly sticky and no scent. Retails for $14 and comes in the same size tube as the BB shimmer lipglosses with a wand applicator. Great quality product.

About reviewer (4641 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

Apr/13/2003

Ditto on looking like a vial of red wine. Applies to sheer blue-red. Quite pretty.

About reviewer (128 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Medium

fromTrix

Feb/10/2003

This gloss was part of the Winter Beauty Portfolio, though I believe it's sold on its own. It looks like a deep red in the tube, which initially made me nervous because I am pretty fair-skinned. But it goes on as a sheer gorgeous raspberry that's not too dark. It has a great texture and great staying power.

About reviewer (37 reviews)

SkinNormal