The Body Shop Coconut Lip Butter

The Body Shop Coconut Lip Butter

3.0

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I'm not familiar with Body Shop products normally however I do know their products smell amazing which was what drew me to their lip butter.
I thought there couldn't be that much difference between lip balms and thought the body shop would be quality enough.
How wrong I was!
It's true that it does nothing but sit on the lip surface. It melts but doesn't sink in. Didn't think I'd find a lip balm that doesn't do the one thing it's supposed to. Discovered the difference after going back to Carmex. I wouldn't recommend.

on 9/27/2016 1:32:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Adore the scent, a true coconut smell not fake at all. This lip butter is very slick but not that moisturizing. It's too slick to work well under lipstick. The little tub packaging is cute but I know many people are put off by having to dip their fingers in a product, not as issue for me personally but figured I'd mention it. If you don't need a lot of moisture and love coconut this would work well for you. Would not repurchase.

I have to say that this product is not the best in terms of moisturising qualities out there, but I find that most lip butters aren't. If I had really dry lips this will not be the product I will go for, but the smell is so divine that I do purchase this again from time to time. It will be enough on your lips if they are moisturised and you just want to put something on, but don't expect to get any benefits out of it. But one more time, the smell is DIVINE!

on 6/14/2015 11:32:00 AM

I really like the coconut scent of this, but other than that I didn't like much. It wears off very fast after putting it on. Also, it gives my lips a whitish appearance. I didn't realize it was doing that for a while so I felt very embarrassed when I figured it out. If they could find a way to fix those problems, I would buy it again because I do love the scent and the cute packaging.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

NOT WORTH THE PRICE. I ABSOLUTELY DETEST THE SMELL, AND IT DOES ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. LEAVES A GROSS WHITE CAST, THICK AND GREASY.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

the coconut lip butter was my first lip butter from the body shop it's very moisturizing and smells amazing like real coconuts , it makes my lips so soft and supple, i also put it before lipstick its perfect i loved it and of course i will repurchase another one but i would like to try the other the scents.

Expensive 7$ not a US resident
Makes your lips white (ish)
Horrible chemical taste
Coconut (like) smell
DRIES your lips like no other !!!!!! I had horrible dried out lips IMMEDIATELY after the FIRST application !!

Pros:
Cute packaging
moisturizing
smells delicious
has a slight coconut taste
sinks into your lips
no irritating tingle
no spf

Cons:
leaves white cast if applied too heavily
pricey in my opinion ($6 at Ulta)
the pot could be unhygienic in some situations
Some say it could get hard, but I live in a very hot area so I have yet to experience this.

I would recommend applying it lightly for day use and heavily at night before bed. I might buy it again because I'm coconut obsessed unless I find a coconut lip balm I like more and is cheaper.

on 12/31/2013 11:59:00 AM

A little greasy, slides off my lips, but smells so amazing I will probably treat my nose to it again. Looks nice and shiny over lip colour instead of a gloss.

I picked this up while I was checking out at Ulta (damn those impulse buy shelves with all the twee travel sized things!!) after hearing about it on Tiffany D's channel. She's right - it does leave a white cast. Even if it didn't, it's still not something I'd wear during the day. I'm constantly rubbing and pressing my lips together, and this is too slick to wear through that. I prefer something like the Aquaphor Lip Repair + Protect for that. So I prefer to smear it all over my lips and head to bed. I wake up with baby soft lips. Plus, my husband loves the smell of coconuts, so he naturally loves this too. It's pretty awesome!