4.1

price range

Reviews

3.0

10 years ago

Honestly I don't know how I feel about this product. Maybe this product would be better for me when it is warmer. I have been using this toner for about 2 months and every time I use it, my face feels raw and it makes my eyes sting. It's not because I pour it in my eyes but the residue drips down to my eyes and it stings. It could be the other topicals I use on my face which reacts with the witch hazel *shrugs*. Anyways I stopped using it and I plan to use it in the summer. The prices are better online than getting it at the local health food stores.

About reviewer (434 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Dark, Cool

HairBlack, Kinky, Fine

11 years ago

It smells like cleaning detergent, but it works when I use it to treat problem areas. I started using this two weeks ago when I had a big breakout on my forehead, and it definitely helped cleaning it up. I wipe my tzone with a cotton ball that has this after washing my face, or I soak a little piece of cotton ball, and leave it on the bump for a couple minutes. It does sting and make my skin red sometimes (it's killing the bacterias! That's how I imagine it.), but I spray rosewater to moisturize and calm down the skin afterwords so it's not a problem. The next day my skin looks a lot cleaner. Basically I use it as an cleaning astringent / blemish treatment, not a toner. I also use it on my back. Although it doesn't dry out my skin, I don't see the need for this on other areas. It does contain alcohol after all.... Only exception is when I use it as a hand sanitizer. It comes in such a large bottle! Edit: tried another brand's witch hazel toner that contains 84% witch hazel and 16% alcohol. Now i know how much alcohol there is in Thayers. It's definitely a lot gentler than this one so I can use it all over my face. But ... I have to wait to see which one is more effective.

About reviewer (14 reviews)

SkinCombination, Other, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

EyesBlack

2.0

13 years ago

anything with propylene glycol is not good. imagine washing your face with antifreeze , do some research on products u use on your face the ingredients could be breaking you out. I always check what i put on my face

About reviewer (12 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Medium

HairBrown

13 years ago

I've only been using this for about a week, but I have to say, I really like it so far. Before this I was using Burt's Bees garden tomato toner, which I really liked. Sadly, they didn't have it when I went to replace it, but all the Thayer's toners were right next to the Burt's Bees. The old fashioned looking labels caught my attention. I really like how there is quite a bit less alcohol, but just enough to do the job. Smells like 7-up. I have noticed my skin is considerably softer after I use this. I think this is a gem, especially for such a low price. I'll definitely buy this again and try some of the other toners.

About reviewer (43 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrunette, Other, Other

2.0

13 years ago

I tried this because of all the great reviews. But, it has made my face breakout terribly. Anytime I use anything natural or organic I have this problem. I don't just get minor breakouts but huge, unsightly erruptions. I'm not very knowledgeable about ingredients and which ones are irritants. But I definitely know this product is not for me.

About reviewer (5 reviews)

SkinVery Oily

HairBrown

13 years ago

Listen up Canucks! Thayer's brands, while not widely available in most stores or supermarkets in Canada, can easily be ordered. Their main distributer in Canada is Purity Life (1-519-853-3511). If you call and ask for health food stores in your area which order through Purity Life, they'll give you the names of the stores in your area. Then it's just a question of popping by and placing a special order at your store. You won't regret using these wonderful products, I know I'm a total Thayer's convert now and it saves me the hassle of buying in bulk everytime I go to the States.

About reviewer (41 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Other

HairRed

13 years ago

This is the best witch hazel toner from the Thayers line. The Rose Petal formula smells REALLY bad and broke out my skin out.

About reviewer (330 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

14 years ago

I reaaly like this stuff, I have used it for years. Nothing quite gets my skin really clean in summer like this, plus it does not dry it out too much. I love the smell! So nice to cool off on a hot night. It's getting hard to find around here, I will have to find a mail order source soon I guess, because summer is upon us.

About reviewer (11 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Wavy, Other

EyesHazel

14 years ago

i love this toner! i love the very lemon scent, wakes me up in the morning. it leaves my skin smooth, soft, clean and less oily. definitely, would repurchase and highly recommend it:)

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinOther

HairOther

14 years ago

Oh I'm in LOVE with this! It cleans off any residue left from any cleanser I use. It also is great for a facial pick-me-up and cleansing during the day. It also does not make my skin feel tight or break out from the alcohol. I wish I had found this sooner! It was around 8-9 dollars. Great item! Ingredients: witch hazel extract,lemongrass,orange peel,blackberry,chamomile,nettle,grapefruit extracts,purified water, natural grain alcohol,aloe vera and ADA-CA-2656 (whatever that last one is I don't know).

About reviewer (648 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm