Crabtree & Evelyn La Source Hand Therapy

Crabtree & Evelyn La Source Hand Therapy

4.2

Water (Aqua), Glycerin, Isopropyl Myristate, Emulsifying Wax NE, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) (Shea Butter), Stearic Acid, Capric/Caprylic Stearic Triglyceride, Cyclomethicone, Sucrose Distearate, Triethanolamine, Cetearyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, Achillea Millefolium (Yarrow) Extract (Yarrow), Calendula (Calendula Officinalis) Flower Extract, Trifolium Pratense Extract (Clover), Fragrance, Sucrose Stearate, Allantoin, Bisabolol, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Lactate, Sodium PCA, Sorbitol, Proline, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

To me, the smell is not particularly great. It is decent. Does not leave too much of a sticky feeling after moisturizing. Packaging is a lil awkward, too hard to squeeze last remaining product out. Wouldnt purchase it as i have used lighter and more moisturizing handcreAms before. But as some users mentioned, dont mind receiving it as a luxury gift :p

Received a set of all their hand therapy hand creams as gift, and I've tried several, including La Source. I don't understand what the hype is about. This hand cream does not moisturize well at all, the Lubriderm lotion in a pump, Neutrogena Norwegian formula, and Cerave work better than this. I also dislike the packaging, makes it difficult to get product out once it's over 70% used.

Overall, I don't recommend at all.

on 6/7/2015 10:46:00 AM

This is a horrible hand cream, one of the worst. It doesn't do anything at all. My hands feel dry after 15-30 mins of using this hand cream. I was using this during summer time, I can't image what it does during winter time.

It was a waste of money.

on 8/24/2015 1:31:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

It is not particularly hydrating. There is something about this scent - the first few minutes smelling it, it was ok. But then it makes me a bit sick. (I know scent is a very personal thing.)

on 4/14/2015 12:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I agree with some prior reviewers. This cream feels wonderful on application, but within an unreasonably short time, my hands feel dry and in need of hand lotion. This one is not worth the cost.

on 11/19/2015 12:21:00 PM

OK, this is going to sound weird...but this is the type of product I would never, ever buy for myself but would love to receive as a gift. Overall: its not the greatest hand cream I have ever tried, but the smell is amazing and it feels expensive. I would buy it as a "Thank You" gift for a friend.

Here are my Pros and Cons:

Pros:
- The smell is so good, I absolutely adore it
- Who doesn't love Crabtree & Evelyn? My parents are English and it's been ingrained in me that Crabtree & Evelyn is the epitome of quality.
- It just feels "expensive"- like a mini vacation!

Cons:
- Why the toothpaste tube-like packaging? I don't even buy toothpaste without a flip cap anymore!
- As other reviews have stated, I don't find it particularly moisturizing.

on 3/16/2012 2:29:00 PM

I got a sample of this hand cream from Crabtree & Evelyn and have been testing it for a couple of days. In my opinion, this is just an average hand cream. Sure the scent is nice but I don't find it to be very moisturizing. I prefer the hand creams I've tried from The Body Shop. I wouldn't buy this in full size. continued >>

on 7/18/2012 3:39:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I love this cream . Its so luxurious feeling and smells like ocean salt . It's really nice fresh . The lotion absorbs instantly and makes your hands feel like silk . Just don't use too much because they'll get a little slippery. The cream lasts even after washes and keeps your hands protected . Its a little pricey though , for the tiny tube . Not far out of my budget but it's not something I'll indulge in until it's on offer . For everyday use I use gold bond restoring since it has a lot of antioxidants and urea for cell turnover .
Oh the packaging for this cream really needs to be re done . It's awful . It comes in a tiny metal tube with a very annoying twist off plastic cap . The metal tube gets all disfigured as you start to run out which is 1) ugly and 2) dangerous . The tube can actually get sharp and tear your bag if you're not careful with how you store it . Even worse it can cut you! I gave it a 1 for packaging .
Sometimes during the holidays they'll offer really good deals on all the tiniest travel size tubes . That's a good time to experiment with the different scents and even give some out as gifts . So far I like this one the most though, something about the oceany smell I just love . It smells like joico's moisture recovery conditioner actually

on 11/18/2014 4:51:00 AM

Got this as a gift. The scent is ok. Not great but not horrid. This is one of the rare hand creams I've tried that ''loses'' it's moisturizing feel about 20 mins after I apply it. It goes on oily, but my hands feel tight and dry after 20 mins upon application. And I'm not even talking about winter conditions. I'm talking about humid, tropical conditions.

I prefer Crabtree & Evelyn's Gardeners Hand Therapy, Lccitane Shea Butter Hand Cream, Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Hand Cream, and Eucerin Intensive Repair Hand Cream.

The material of the tube causes the cream to ''leak'' as it ages or as I fold it to push the cream nearer the opening of the tube.

on 2/3/2012 4:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

along with C&Es gardeners hand therapy, this is the best hand cream I've ever used. smells great, absorbs straight into skin leaving hands moist without any stickiness or residue. my hands aren't too dry so i only use a really small amount at a time so this lasts forever . definitely worth the price.

Popular Lotions / Creams