Mirenesse Secret Weapon Mascara

Mirenesse Secret Weapon Mascara

3.6

Great tube mascara

on 11/1/2012 5:39:00 AM

First mascara I really used. It's the only mascara I've used that's ben 100% smudgeproof and it gives long, beautifully separated lashes. Only complaint is that it doesn't give much volume, but exactly that makes it perfect for a natural look.

Tip: I've also had problems with it being a bit dry, but just added a few drops of water. I know it sounds like a bad idea, but it actually helped a lot.

Underwhelmed, sorry! I find the formula darkens and separates my lashes, and applies smoothly and evenly without clumping - it's just that I get neither impressive length nor volume. Length is not such an issue for me as my lashes are pretty long naturally, but I desperately need my mascara to boost volume. With SW, my lashes are puny not plump - even when I have PILED on the coats.
So, I like that this mascara is an easy-to-apply-easy-to-remove formulation, but the look is ultra-natural (and I think I could get a similar 'faux naturel' look from a d/s brand.)

on 1/26/2011 10:25:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

This is my favourite mascara ever. It makes my eyelashes appear thicker and longer, and it lasts all day without smudging. I don't need eye makeup remover as the mascara forms tubes over your eyelashes - all you need is water to remove them (I do this in the shower). Easy! Mirenesse have regular specials so I rarely pay full price.

If you are someone who sleeps in their makeup on a fairly regular basis, or has super sensitive eyes, I highly recommend this mascara. The original formulation is AUD $35.00, but there are new variations with the same formulation but different brushes. Look out for the new SEXY Secret Weapon with the plastic fantastic brush tried it love it too although it is a little more expensive at $39.95.

This product has won many awards. Even better, Mirenesse is an Australian company and operates mostly as an internet business. You may find the odd chemist stocking a few products here and there, but check out the Mirenesse website for where to buy. This mascara is free from paraben, fragrance, mineral oil, petrolatum, alcohol and SLS (soap) and will suit even the most sensitive eyes and contact lens wearers.

This mascara will not dry your lashes, and the product wraps itself around each lash creating a little tube of color. There is no fall out, no smudging and no panda eyes even after sleeping in it. Jump in the shower and let some water fall on your face. With your eyes closed, hold your lashes to you cheek and slowly open your eyes. The little tubes will remain under your finger. You can take the same approach to removal by using a wet cotton pad, and wiping downward gently. You will see the tubes left on the pad.

on 1/15/2009 9:10:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

The original of this mascara is the best. Variants can be a bit dodgy in my experience. The one in the black tube is just awful...

on 1/14/2009 11:18:00 AM

Have to layer a lot before noticing anything but it clumps if you don't do it fast enough.
Dull colour, gives me brittle flaky lashes and my undereye area has smudges and lots of mascara flakes.
Slightly stung the roots of my lashes.
Terrible.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I really wanted to like this product given the reviews. I have a sample size version and I'm glad I didn't buy the full size because it is the worst mascara i've ever used. It clumps, dries far too quickly to get an even application and makes all your lashes stick together - not a good look!

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I'm not absolutely crazy about this mascara as it doesn't apply very smoothly, but I like it enough to repurchase because this is the first mascara I've tried in a very long time that DOES NOT SMUDGE. It's also easy to remove. UPDATE: Thanks to kobe_22 for the tip on adding a little bit of water to this. That has made a huge difference in the consistency and it now applies much easier and smoother. The water doesn't affect the staying power either, which is great.

on 3/11/2007 3:20:00 PM

Love this mascara, this is the only mascara I will ever use, for the first time I dont have black smudges underneath my eyes. Worth every penny.