Mirenesse Secret Weapon Mascara

Filtered by eye Color : Black
Mirenesse Secret Weapon Mascara

3.8

on 11/10/2010 7:26:00 AM

Perfect mascara! I use the super long one. After all those years.. finally I found a perfect mascara! I always used waterproof mascara from many other brands and even though they're waterproof it's always smudge after a while. Especially that I have watery eyes.
This Mirenesse mascara never smudge even though my eyes are watery. And to clean it is sooo easy.. you don't need eye make up remover.. just use warm water when you're in the shower or when you cleanse your face at night... and yes.. it will last for hours without any smudge!
The only downside is the price... but really worth it!

on 1/10/2010 3:04:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

The is a great mascara. It is natural, doesn't sting the eyes and comes off GENTLY!

I love how the 'tubes' sit on my own eyelashes and it looks natural. People always think that I have long eyelashes but it's my little secret. I find that my eyelashes do not stick together or clog. I start the brush right at the roots of my eyelashes and comb them upwards. I quickly do a few strokes in quick succession on the outer lashes for the flared effect.

I think that this mascara gives a good extra 4mm on my own and up to 6 if I'm very patient and take care.

My previous mascara to this was Diorshow and while it was lovely and dramatic, it was a pain to get off. This mascara comes off with warm water and gentle rubbing.

This is a similar idea to Too Faced Lash Injection but the Mirenesse one does not have a horrible, plastic smell to it. All the better for natural products if it's being used in your eye area! Chemicals can get absorbed directly into the body due to the delicate nature of the area.

It doesn't come off or smear. If you cry and rub your eyes that's a different story. Like I said before, it's easy to remove. Just stick your head under the shower and rub gently.

The actual contents in the tube stay quite moist for a good 6 months. It is easy to apply. I usually use the black one but find that the navy is still dark but gives you a hint of colour whilst whitening the whites of your eyes. If only they had an indigo one :)

on 10/15/2009 8:21:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I've been trying to find the perfect mascara.
Still haven't but this one isn't a bad one.
Pros:
-No smudges!
- Does not feel like I'm wearing mascara
- Easy to get mascara off! With simply warm water. (Although it is to be noted that this is meant to be waterproof but oh well?)
Cons:
I'm not sure if it's just me but I can never seem to find a mascara that separates all my lashes completely. This one doesn't do the trick either.
Not a bad mascara, probably wouldn't be the best either.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I got this mascara as a free sample with a magazine. I wanted to try this for a long time, so I bought the crappy magazine for the mascara! I think this is a lot better than the L'Oreal version (L'Oreal Double Extension Beauty Tubes mascara). The L'Oreal one wasn't dramatic at all, and it didn't come off easily with water, and I ended up ripping some of my lashes out! Not good, considering I have crappy straight and short lashes anyway!

This mascara does give length and coats the lashes well, but like another reviewer has written before, it just isn't dramatic enough. I sometimes feel that half of these mascaras that promise to lengthen, fatten and do crazy things only work for people blessed with mid to long lashes and leaves the shorties wanting! On people like me (with lashes that are short and straight), it still takes a lot of effort! I still have to curl my lashes and apply two coats of mascara to even notice that they are there!

So far in my quest for the perfect mascara, I have only found two: Maybelline Great Lash in Blackest Black (it works well with my dark skin) and Max Factor's Masterpiece Mascara because it gives my eyelashes drama!

on 5/29/2007 11:24:00 PM

I had high expectations from this, but also from the mix reviews i've read on MUA, wasnt sure what to expect.
application: 1/5 - thick, clumpy, lots of globs. hard to apply and also only applys in thin layers. dries very quickly - almost too quickly to apply more without more clumps. even lash comb doesnt make much difference (coz it dries too quickly to comb out blobs). clumps lashes together
staying power - 5/5. i've got sensitive eyes and this lives up to expectations - no flaking or irritation all day. removes with ease.

i've listened to advice of others and added a drop of water (saline) to this to thin it out. didnt help much. however, would try it once again (in hope of better luck) simply coz its the only mascara that i can use all day without irritation. however, if it clumps and globs again, i'd never repurchase. just not worth the terrible look!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I have totally fallen in love with this mascara! It lengthens and curls my lashes as if I had gotten them professionally done! And better yet, I can go all day without it flaking, smearing, or smudging! Thanks Mirenesse!

on 9/27/2005 1:55:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

For all you girls with oily eyelids, this is the mascara for you. I have spent so much time and money trying to find a mascara that does not smudge and this is the only one that does not budge. Even waterproof mascara's leave me with panda eyes except this one. I'm not sure what the lengthening, volumising or curling is like, as I am only really concerned about smudging with my mascaras. It comes off easily with warm water. However, one of the downsides is that it tends to melt and clump your eyelashes together if you are curling your eyelashes after applying the mascara, but then you can always curl them beforehand. Plus I've only had the tiniest specks of flakes only after a good 12 hours after application. Trying to find places that stock this mascara is difficult and I have been on the search for a replacement mascara with no avail, until I found it on www.tvsn.com.au

on 2/10/2005 9:32:00 PM

HORRID!!!!!! I am a mascara junkie, and I HATED this supposedly magic mascara, it clumped, stuck together on lashes, never felt like it dried..I looked like I had drowned spiders for lashes....just the look we want...J/K

on 6/11/2004 12:53:00 AM

Pros: Does not flake or smudge or budge at all! Holds a curl well. Removes like a dream with warm water.
Cons: Not as thickening or lengthening as some other mascaras out there. Dries out and needs to be replaced faster than other mascaras.
I find if I wipe the brush carefully first, there's less clumping otherwise I'm combing forever with my Tweezerman comb. Also, I've been using this as a final coat over other mascaras that do all the lengthening/thickening work, then coat it with this and there you have it, fantastic thick lashes that don't smudge.
Hint: Don't use a heated eyelash curler on this - it'll melt into a big clump that will be impossible to comb out.
continued >>

on 5/7/2003 11:19:00 AM

I love this mascara and I swear by it! It is the best mascara I have ever used, it really lengthens my lashes and help return its curl, plus it thickens my lashes nicely. I am definitely sticking to this mascara=)