Mirenesse Secret Weapon Mascara

Mirenesse Secret Weapon Mascara

3.6

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

product that doesn't budge and i have watery eyes! although it doesn't add much in terms of volume or anything.

on 1/3/2013 3:50:00 PM

Mascara is the same brushes are different.
- Thick: ( wider set bristles, gets the most product on, will get on your skin if you have sparser lashes),
-Original: ( regular mascara brush, not my fave),
-Long: (closer set bristles defines each lash)

Use the long brush and thick brush, when time allows.
if you don't have time and use the thick brush look down instead of up so you don't get any on your lids.

If it dries as per instructions add a drop or two of filtered or distilled water.

Very dark, lasts all day doesn't smear. Really love it.
haven't used another mascara since i tried it.

however i wish it has a bit of a sheen like max factors 2000 calorie mascara. Iwould only take off 1/2 a star for that. if i could.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I used to love this mascara!

Even though it does only give a more natural look, it was adequate for my day look, long-wearing, smudge-proof. I also simply loved how it came off so easily with warm water.

My recent 2 purchases of this product have been less than impressive (similar to what people have already been saying), the product must have been old when it was sent to me because it was dry and did not apply to my eyelashes well.. and at that price I am not gonna bother a third time, I've bought Blinc Mascara to try since it does similar things..

On a side note my favorite mascaras are Lash Architect by L'Oreal (cheaper option), or Hypnose by Lancome!

on 10/9/2010 11:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is my favorite mascara, I love it. As the name suggests, it creates lashes full of volume which is what I like. It does slightly increase length and curl, but I like it because it creates fuller lashes. The thing I like most is that it does not clog or clump together, I only use one application moving from the base line of my lashes to the tips and it creates a really natural looking lash. Stays on all day and is a great everyday mascara, but also works great for night time looks. I love this product!

on 10/3/2009 10:55:00 PM

This is my HG mascara. I always seem to get panda eyes with mascara but not this one. I am happy with the length and thickness of my lashes so the thickening and lengthening jargon is a little lost on me. I can put on one coat and it looks good or I can keep putting on more coats to make me look like I have false eyelashes one. It's super easy to get off with just water and I'm really happy with this mascara.

on 5/16/2009 10:16:00 AM

This tubing mascara is probably the only one I've continued to use after trying L'Oreal's dreadful attempt (beauty tubes). It can get a bit clumpy if there's too much product on the brush but it creates a nice natural look. The way it washes off easily in water is a plus, however it can dry out quickly so adding a few drops of sterile water into the mascara tube will reinvigorate it. It's definately expensive but you can purchase from the site when it has the pay shipping only promotions.

on 9/19/2008 9:42:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

Pros:
- Doesn't smudge
- Removes with water (though I need to use eye makeup remover anyway for my eyeshadow!)
Cons:
- Makes my lashes look dry and brittle, rather than glossy
- Tends to clump and look uneven
- Doesn't curl or lengthen dramatically
- Not a fan of the wand
- The recommendation to use within 30 days!
This mascara is really overpriced, IMO. There are heaps of cheaper mascaras that do a way better job. I'm glad I only had to pay postage for this, because I would have been really annoyed if I paid full-price. I don't think I'll even finish the tube, as I hate the way this makes my lashes look.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I gave this item a 2 because it didn't smudge or come of and give me 'Panda Eyes'. Unfortunately, it was very dry, flaky, crusty and lumpy. It also stung my eyes. I noticed it on HSN, and have had great experiences with their beauty products, so I assumed this would be this same.....it wasn't. Due to the fact that it was no longer on HSN, I purchased it off of Ebay, along with many lip plumping lacquers (which I love). I'm glad I didn't pay full price for this.

on 5/15/2008 9:05:00 PM

I ordered this is as a free sample from the Mirenesse website (paid postage), however I wouldn't pay full price for it. I think it's a good mascara for everyday use. It lengthened my lashes nicely, but still looked natural and it gave me an amazing curl (without using a lash curler beforehand). I would never use this in the evening, as it's just not dramatic enough. It washes out easily which is great and it doesn't smudge. Unfortunately, I found this product very clumpy and my lashes stuck together even after combing. The search continues for the perfect mascara!

on 5/15/2008 4:41:00 AM

I got a full size mascara ("Super Curl") as a sample with only $8.50 (S&H). It came with a sheet of detailed instructions. Curved shape of wand is not something I'm familiar with but it is slim and very easy to apply. This mascara amazingly keeps my stubborn, straight eyelashes curled, makes my lashes truly black, lengthens them and adds a bit of volume (this mascara is not for those who want va-va-voom dramatic lashes). AND this is mighty waterproof yet removes with warm water & gentle pressure. This water-based formula is very smooth, fluid and very easy to apply--no driness, no clumps. My lashes look very natural and I LOVE the look this mascara produces, BUT the biggest and serious problem I have is that this mascara STINGS my eyes like crazy!!! (I wish I could give the score 0 for this reason if I could) It's very painful indeed. Ugh! I have burning sensation and there's no way I can bear with this. One more thing I don't like much is that coated lashes become so hardened, not soft at all. Other than that, this must be a great mascara for those who won't have a reaction to this formula.
*** Oh, but I will wash and keep the wand though. It's a very good wand!***