Mirenesse Secret Weapon Mascara

4.5

on 1/10/2010 3:04:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

The is a great mascara. It is natural, doesn't sting the eyes and comes off GENTLY!

I love how the 'tubes' sit on my own eyelashes and it looks natural. People always think that I have long eyelashes but it's my little secret. I find that my eyelashes do not stick together or clog. I start the brush right at the roots of my eyelashes and comb them upwards. I quickly do a few strokes in quick succession on the outer lashes for the flared effect.

I think that this mascara gives a good extra 4mm on my own and up to 6 if I'm very patient and take care.

My previous mascara to this was Diorshow and while it was lovely and dramatic, it was a pain to get off. This mascara comes off with warm water and gentle rubbing.

This is a similar idea to Too Faced Lash Injection but the Mirenesse one does not have a horrible, plastic smell to it. All the better for natural products if it's being used in your eye area! Chemicals can get absorbed directly into the body due to the delicate nature of the area.

It doesn't come off or smear. If you cry and rub your eyes that's a different story. Like I said before, it's easy to remove. Just stick your head under the shower and rub gently.

The actual contents in the tube stay quite moist for a good 6 months. It is easy to apply. I usually use the black one but find that the navy is still dark but gives you a hint of colour whilst whitening the whites of your eyes. If only they had an indigo one :)

on 11/29/2007 1:21:00 AM

I love scret weapon! I will never use anything else. I started using this after I purchased from HSN, It puts tubes on your lashes. Makes it so easy to remove no skunk eyes ever even if you sleep in it. HSN stopped carrying mirenesse :( Now I have to find a place that carries it) . It was worth the price and I would recommend to anyone who is sick of hard rubbing od your eyes to get your makeup off and it goes on so easily. Very happy :)

on 3/29/2007 9:32:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I wear mascara everyday and have gone through so many brands so I know what works well for me. Overall this product works well when it's only applied twice at the most, as it dries quickly once exposed to air. It retains the curl quite well (although I used a Shu Uemura eyelash curler to start with) and ran just a tad slightly after a really heavy spin cycling class. What I like is that it washes off easily with soap and water. As to how it looks, a light hand is best as it coats thickly on the first application, even after swiping the excess product away from the brush. It slightly lengthens and thickens, and definitely wouldn't buy this again, only because I have found better ones, however I do regard this more highly than some horrendous Maybelline mascaras I had the misfortune of buying.

EDIT: I must have received a dud product last time because the one that I bought this time (came with 4 free lip glosses) was much better. Firstly it didn't dry so quickly. What I found was when appyling to my almost non-existent lashes, without a primer, it lengthened without volumising, which is NOT what I wanted. With the Shiseido primer however, the product improved markedly, providing the much needed volume (although this is more to do with the wonderful Shiseido primer I guess). I'm increasing this to 4 out of 5, due to its wearability.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I have totally fallen in love with this mascara! It lengthens and curls my lashes as if I had gotten them professionally done! And better yet, I can go all day without it flaking, smearing, or smudging! Thanks Mirenesse!