Mirenesse Secret Weapon Mascara

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
Mirenesse Secret Weapon Mascara

3.3

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This mascara isn't for me. Not enough volume or length.... I like the false lash look and this gives the natural look. It's ok.... a bit clumpy on the brush but separates lashes nicely, but too natural for my tastes.....

on 5/16/2012 3:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I love this Mineresse Mascara, I use it as my everyday mascara, for a nice casual look. Years ago I had trouble wish lashes that kept breaking and wouldn't grow very fast, but this little gem fixed the problem.

on 10/9/2010 11:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is my favorite mascara, I love it. As the name suggests, it creates lashes full of volume which is what I like. It does slightly increase length and curl, but I like it because it creates fuller lashes. The thing I like most is that it does not clog or clump together, I only use one application moving from the base line of my lashes to the tips and it creates a really natural looking lash. Stays on all day and is a great everyday mascara, but also works great for night time looks. I love this product!

on 1/10/2010 3:04:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

The is a great mascara. It is natural, doesn't sting the eyes and comes off GENTLY!

I love how the 'tubes' sit on my own eyelashes and it looks natural. People always think that I have long eyelashes but it's my little secret. I find that my eyelashes do not stick together or clog. I start the brush right at the roots of my eyelashes and comb them upwards. I quickly do a few strokes in quick succession on the outer lashes for the flared effect.

I think that this mascara gives a good extra 4mm on my own and up to 6 if I'm very patient and take care.

My previous mascara to this was Diorshow and while it was lovely and dramatic, it was a pain to get off. This mascara comes off with warm water and gentle rubbing.

This is a similar idea to Too Faced Lash Injection but the Mirenesse one does not have a horrible, plastic smell to it. All the better for natural products if it's being used in your eye area! Chemicals can get absorbed directly into the body due to the delicate nature of the area.

It doesn't come off or smear. If you cry and rub your eyes that's a different story. Like I said before, it's easy to remove. Just stick your head under the shower and rub gently.

The actual contents in the tube stay quite moist for a good 6 months. It is easy to apply. I usually use the black one but find that the navy is still dark but gives you a hint of colour whilst whitening the whites of your eyes. If only they had an indigo one :)

on 9/19/2008 9:42:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

Pros:
- Doesn't smudge
- Removes with water (though I need to use eye makeup remover anyway for my eyeshadow!)
Cons:
- Makes my lashes look dry and brittle, rather than glossy
- Tends to clump and look uneven
- Doesn't curl or lengthen dramatically
- Not a fan of the wand
- The recommendation to use within 30 days!
This mascara is really overpriced, IMO. There are heaps of cheaper mascaras that do a way better job. I'm glad I only had to pay postage for this, because I would have been really annoyed if I paid full-price. I don't think I'll even finish the tube, as I hate the way this makes my lashes look.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Three or four years ago, I would had rated this mascara 5 across the board. Since that time, Mirenesse has changed the formula, and not for the better. I bought this last year in a kit ( included the Moonlight pen ) and both were horrible. I wouldn't trade the Power Lift ( another review ) for anything in the world, but the mascara was a big disappointment. HSN has discontinued the Mirenesse line. If, you go to Mirenesse.com they offer some full size samples, including the "new" Super Long mascara. I might give that one a try.

on 5/8/2007 9:06:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I have eyelashes that are a good lenght but need a little volume. This did the trick. Best of all, the mascara stayed put. NO MORE RACOON EYES!! I wish that it worked for me. To remove this mascara one is supposed to use warm water and gently slide the mascara off the lashes. After about a week of using this my lashes began falling out! Sorry but I'd rather have racoon eyes than no eyelashes. However, this did work for my friend who swears by it!

on 2/19/2007 11:00:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

This mascara is not quite my holy grail - as I'm still looking, but it comes as close as any other. You won't get over the top volume or length with this mascara, but it will provide nice coverage, color, and definition. It doesn't smear, smudge, or flake, and it removes easily with water -- which is the reason for the rating of 4 rather than 5. You may lose coverage on a few lashes if your eyes water in windy weather. All in all, a great mascara - the best I've found (and I've tried too many to remember - Benefit, Chanel, Darphin, Maybelline, Cover Girl, Max Factor, Loreal. . .).

I have tried almost every mascara out there. This does not live up to its claim. I agree with the other posters - it dries out VERY fast, clumps way too easily and is way too pricey. I have even given this about 3 tries. Definitely NOT repurchase.

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Fine

This is the only mascara that does not smudge on me. And with just one coat it produces longer looking lashes. It comes only in black so far. I'm hoping there will be a brown-black and a plum eventually.

Home Shopping Network in the U.S. carries the Australian-based Mirenesse line of makeup. This mascara is pricey but it's worth it considering all the money I've spent over the years trying to find a mascara that doesn't smudge.