Mirenesse Secret Weapon Mascara

Mirenesse Secret Weapon Mascara

3.5

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

product that doesn't budge and i have watery eyes! although it doesn't add much in terms of volume or anything.

Underwhelmed, sorry! I find the formula darkens and separates my lashes, and applies smoothly and evenly without clumping - it's just that I get neither impressive length nor volume. Length is not such an issue for me as my lashes are pretty long naturally, but I desperately need my mascara to boost volume. With SW, my lashes are puny not plump - even when I have PILED on the coats.
So, I like that this mascara is an easy-to-apply-easy-to-remove formulation, but the look is ultra-natural (and I think I could get a similar 'faux naturel' look from a d/s brand.)

on 5/24/2011 12:30:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

When I first tried this out, my first thought was "good thing I got the travel sized one." But somehow, after the first use it got better. It's still dry (I'm a bit leery to add water to it), but it gives a very subtle look that I would describe as feathery. I like the brush, shipping came 10 days earlier than expected, and the prices were nice!

on 1/26/2011 10:25:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

This is my favourite mascara ever. It makes my eyelashes appear thicker and longer, and it lasts all day without smudging. I don't need eye makeup remover as the mascara forms tubes over your eyelashes - all you need is water to remove them (I do this in the shower). Easy! Mirenesse have regular specials so I rarely pay full price.

on 11/10/2010 7:26:00 AM

Perfect mascara! I use the super long one. After all those years.. finally I found a perfect mascara! I always used waterproof mascara from many other brands and even though they're waterproof it's always smudge after a while. Especially that I have watery eyes.
This Mirenesse mascara never smudge even though my eyes are watery. And to clean it is sooo easy.. you don't need eye make up remover.. just use warm water when you're in the shower or when you cleanse your face at night... and yes.. it will last for hours without any smudge!
The only downside is the price... but really worth it!

on 10/15/2009 8:21:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I've been trying to find the perfect mascara.
Still haven't but this one isn't a bad one.
Pros:
-No smudges!
- Does not feel like I'm wearing mascara
- Easy to get mascara off! With simply warm water. (Although it is to be noted that this is meant to be waterproof but oh well?)
Cons:
I'm not sure if it's just me but I can never seem to find a mascara that separates all my lashes completely. This one doesn't do the trick either.
Not a bad mascara, probably wouldn't be the best either.

on 5/2/2008 12:52:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This product was great for 2 weeks, and then it dried out completely :-( which is a bunch of BULLSH*T !!
But while it worked, it was thick enough to only have to use a single coat and it washed off amazingly clean- i little tubes that freaked me out every time thinking my eyelashes were falling out :-) but they weren't, haha

on 8/23/2007 10:14:00 AM

FYI, This comes in different varieties (original, volumizing, curling, etc) but the company's CS told me the formula is the same for all the Secret Weapon mascaras, just the brushes are different...

My lashes - Stick straight, so I always use a lash curler. My eyes water and my lids get oily by the end of the day. My lashes are black, so as long as the mascara comes in black, I'm satisfied.

Waterproof/oilproof? - Yes/yes.

Adds volume? - Some.

Adds length? - Moderate.

Adds definition? - Yes.

Holds curl? - Moderately well. This takes out some of the curl made by my lash curler, so while my lashes are curled, the curl is not as dramatic.

Removal? - SUPER easy. Rinse with warm water (or in the shower), then slide the mascara off by gently pinching the lashes between thumb and finger and pulling away from the face. The bits are supposedly "tubes" of mascara, but to me they look more like short black Silly String :) Great and easy removal, there's no tugging or rubbing involved, and it all comes off without a hassle.

Packaging - Unique-looking hourglass-shaped goldtone tube. The bristles on the brush head are densely packed. The side profile of the brush is elliptical (fatter in the middle and tapered towards the ends), so during regular use I have to be careful about excess mascara pooling at the ends of the brush head.

Other comments - Another good tubing mascara. Doesn't flake, feel stiff, or look spidery. Works best when applied to dry, clean lashes. Hard to get in the US (Mirenesse is based in Australia).

Overall - Close to HG status, but not quite... it would have to hold my curl and not have excess mascara at the end of the brush head to meet HG status. continued >>

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I really wanted to like this product given the reviews. I have a sample size version and I'm glad I didn't buy the full size because it is the worst mascara i've ever used. It clumps, dries far too quickly to get an even application and makes all your lashes stick together - not a good look!

on 9/9/2004 8:43:00 PM

My mother gave me this as a gift. I absolutely hated it. Just the worst mascara I have ever used...even Maybelline's "Great Lash" is better than this. It clumped, and was very hard to remove and made my eyes feel weird and waxy. ANY mascara is better than this-wha a disappointment as I had heard that this stuff was supposed to be magical. Garbage-would not recommend and would never buy.