Mirenesse Secret Weapon Mascara

Filtered by hair type : Other
Mirenesse Secret Weapon Mascara

3.1

on 5/27/2012 5:39:00 PM

I got a very reasonably priced sample of this from 'latest in beauty' or would never have tried it. I generally dislike mascara as my eyes water alot and I seem to have oddly place lashes that point all over the place on one eye - so I'm inclined to leave them alone and not draw attention to them!
For a few years I've used cake mascaras that seem to smudge and bleed less and give a subtle look, but this Miranesse Mascara sample blew them out of the water.
It is quite subtle - not really obviously made up spiders legs eyelashes which I don't want at all. I find it very easy to apply, any odd mistakes really easy to remove, and it never smudges at all on me.
To start with I had a few problems removing it - with little bits ending up in myy eyes but, after a bit of trial and error, I have that sorted and I can't imagine I will now ever use a diferent mascara.

on 1/27/2009 6:18:00 PM

I have been using this daily for over a month and I'm still not sure how I feel about it. I think I really like it, but it is hit or miss. I have the best results when I use it with a primer. I followed the instructions and use the tip of the wand to coat the tips of my lashes then work from the bottom up. The tube does not last long, maybe a few weeks and then it starts drying up on me. I did not buy this product; I got a bunch for free from my dad. I don't think I will ever purchase this, just for convenience reasons though. It comes off super easy with water and has amazing staying power. (I can wear this stuff to bed and wake up looking like I just applied it)

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I gave this item a 2 because it didn't smudge or come of and give me 'Panda Eyes'. Unfortunately, it was very dry, flaky, crusty and lumpy. It also stung my eyes. I noticed it on HSN, and have had great experiences with their beauty products, so I assumed this would be this same.....it wasn't. Due to the fact that it was no longer on HSN, I purchased it off of Ebay, along with many lip plumping lacquers (which I love). I'm glad I didn't pay full price for this.

on 9/30/2007 7:34:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Im still confused on this one....
PRO - It comes off really easy with warm water and it stays put all day
CON - It dries REALLY quickly and clumps, and no space to apply second coat
Overall i think ill keep on the hunt for the best mascara

on 3/29/2007 9:32:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I wear mascara everyday and have gone through so many brands so I know what works well for me. Overall this product works well when it's only applied twice at the most, as it dries quickly once exposed to air. It retains the curl quite well (although I used a Shu Uemura eyelash curler to start with) and ran just a tad slightly after a really heavy spin cycling class. What I like is that it washes off easily with soap and water. As to how it looks, a light hand is best as it coats thickly on the first application, even after swiping the excess product away from the brush. It slightly lengthens and thickens, and definitely wouldn't buy this again, only because I have found better ones, however I do regard this more highly than some horrendous Maybelline mascaras I had the misfortune of buying.

EDIT: I must have received a dud product last time because the one that I bought this time (came with 4 free lip glosses) was much better. Firstly it didn't dry so quickly. What I found was when appyling to my almost non-existent lashes, without a primer, it lengthened without volumising, which is NOT what I wanted. With the Shiseido primer however, the product improved markedly, providing the much needed volume (although this is more to do with the wonderful Shiseido primer I guess). I'm increasing this to 4 out of 5, due to its wearability.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

One of the worst Mascaras out in the market. I know it has won awards but not worth the price. The only thing good about this mascara is the way it comes off. It does not pull or give you panda eyes when taking it off. But the mascara does not build thickness nor length to the look of your lashes. The product is on the dry side and there does not seem to be a lot of product in tube.

on 10/24/2006 9:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

I had to give this product a low rating for 1 reason: it dried out after 2 weeks. There is NO WAY a mascara should dry out this quickly. Opened second tube; same thing. Ordered ANOTHER 2 tubes and THEY both dried out after 2 weeks of use (every day). I emailed CS and never received a reply. It's a damn shame because this product delivered in every way; never smudged, flaked, went on well (when it wasn't dried out), looked great on and came off like a dream. LOVED how it came off so easily. Ah well. I can NOT justify ANY product that lasts 2 weeks (or less).

on 8/27/2005 9:50:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

The ONLY mascara I will ever use! Great stuff! No smudging, comes off easily. Just don't wipe your eyes if they're teary. Seems to dry up fairly easily, then I just add a couple of drops of sterile saline to the tube and it provides much more use. UPDATE I may have just replaced this as my HG with Max Factor Lash Perfection.

on 4/20/2004 10:41:00 PM

This is a nice mascara and gives my short lashes a lot of volume and makes them look thicker. My favorite mascara is still definicils but I have to say this stuff is very nice. I started with the black shade and ordered a brown as well. This is one of the first brown mascaras that actually show up on me and is really nice for daytime. I will reorder this.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I always thought my eyeliner was running till I tried this mascara. I now know that is wasnt my liner but my mascara that was smudging. This product does not smudge at all. Down side is that its just an ok mascara. Got a tad clumpy, no curling, did darken but didnt thicken. It did lengthen a little. But it doesnt come off till you take it off. The little pieces dont bother my eyes either. I definately like this better than regular mascara cause i have no more racoon eyes! I will stick with this but hopefully the Kiss me mascara is better in terms of lenthening, darkening, and curling my lashes!
*Update* after 3 weeks, this really gets clumpy and almost unusuable. So you wont be able to keep this forever. Its also easier to remove than the Kiss Me mascara. i still like it and use it but i do have to use a metal lash comb to separate my lashes! overall its not a great mascara compared to others. THe only thing great about it is the way it comes off which is better than any product out there. I am kinda at a impasse because i really like part of it but really hate part of it and i cant find anything i like better.