Mirenesse Secret Weapon Mascara

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Mirenesse Secret Weapon Mascara

3.4

on 9/11/2017 5:59:00 AM

I had to review this mascara, because it's the one I keep getting back to.
I've been on vacation and it didn't budge all day even though i was sweating and getting into the pool several times a day. It's kind on the eyes (no stinging!), goes on somewhat easily, though it takes some practice, and if it starts clumping up on you (if you've been impatient), you might as well start over as it's pretty hard to save. At least that's my experience.

It's also one of the only mascaras I've tried that don't weigh down my lashes! I have OK long lashes with a nice, natural curl, and this one keeps it intact.
It comes off pretty easily with warm water, too.

I don't know if it dires out (to the point of uselessness) faster than other mascaras, but I've been using my latest one for about 3 months, and it should last me a while longer.

The wand is fortunately not a spiraling one, but it's just OK. Nothing special. I feel the wand holds too much product, but I've thought that of every mascara I've ever owned.

Overall it's probably the best mascara I've tried. It doesn't really do much for volume (but enough for me), but makes the lashes seem longer since it doesn't weigh them down. Price probably varies, but it's a mid-range price here, so it's OK.

I love this, it really stays on. I sweat in it and it stays put. I wash it off the first time, it stays put. I need to wash it off a further 1-2 times. It really does work and I love the look of it. You can go light or can build it up more. It also doesn't irritate my eyes like most mascaras do. :) Totally love it.

I initially heard of MIRENESSE on facebook. I was quite intrigued by this company as their “10” foundation and their mascaras seemed to be offering what all my other make ups did not. I came across a coupon for a free MIRENESSE vip registry. I searched high and low for the hidden fees of subsequent charges but found nothing so I registered. For free? Why not!! By being VIP they offered free shipping (from Australia is quite costly) and significant discounts on their products. All of their reviews were outstanding. I ordered my first “10” foundation. I am fairly light skinned and being 40 years old I have been wearing make up long enough to know my color. The color that arrived that should have been appropriate for my skin looked like I was painting my skin white. It was RIDICULOUSLY light. It also did NOT stand up to any of the “10” benefits it claimed. I sent a message with the complaint and they insisted I must mix it with a bronzer. No where in their description did it say that before I bought it and obviously this is a common problem they must have known about if they already knew the solution. I insisted they send me said bronzer but instead they offered to exchange it, with shipping at MY cost. So it would cost me at least $10 more for a make up I didn’t care for. I then began to investigate further and noticed their facebook page doesn’t allow for you to post OR message them. I went back to their website and again I found that there was no where for you to write a review of their company or make up. So where exactly are all these outstanding reviews coming from? I wish I had investigated this first. Then to my surprise I received an email notification of the first VIP membership charge. I sent an email immediately insisting they reverse this charge and cancel this account or I would dispute it and slam them in every review I could possibly find. Thankfully I have not seen the charge on my credit card since. When the rest of my order arrived I noted that they had sent a purple eye liner instead of the black I had ordered. I hate purple. I immediately went to their website to confirm my order but they had BLOCKED ME OUT of seeing all of my past orders. I sent a msg and they said I ordered the purple and sent me a “screen shot” of the order. Seriously? I ate the loss, gave away the liner and swore off this company for good. I strongly suggest you do NOT fall prey to this company. They are shady and dishonest and their make ups do NOT stand up to the claims that they make.

on 11/1/2012 5:39:00 AM

First mascara I really used. It's the only mascara I've used that's ben 100% smudgeproof and it gives long, beautifully separated lashes. Only complaint is that it doesn't give much volume, but exactly that makes it perfect for a natural look.

Tip: I've also had problems with it being a bit dry, but just added a few drops of water. I know it sounds like a bad idea, but it actually helped a lot.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I used to love this mascara!

Even though it does only give a more natural look, it was adequate for my day look, long-wearing, smudge-proof. I also simply loved how it came off so easily with warm water.

My recent 2 purchases of this product have been less than impressive (similar to what people have already been saying), the product must have been old when it was sent to me because it was dry and did not apply to my eyelashes well.. and at that price I am not gonna bother a third time, I've bought Blinc Mascara to try since it does similar things..

On a side note my favorite mascaras are Lash Architect by L'Oreal (cheaper option), or Hypnose by Lancome!

on 5/24/2011 12:30:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

When I first tried this out, my first thought was "good thing I got the travel sized one." But somehow, after the first use it got better. It's still dry (I'm a bit leery to add water to it), but it gives a very subtle look that I would describe as feathery. I like the brush, shipping came 10 days earlier than expected, and the prices were nice!

on 1/26/2011 10:25:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

This is my favourite mascara ever. It makes my eyelashes appear thicker and longer, and it lasts all day without smudging. I don't need eye makeup remover as the mascara forms tubes over your eyelashes - all you need is water to remove them (I do this in the shower). Easy! Mirenesse have regular specials so I rarely pay full price.

on 10/9/2010 11:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is my favorite mascara, I love it. As the name suggests, it creates lashes full of volume which is what I like. It does slightly increase length and curl, but I like it because it creates fuller lashes. The thing I like most is that it does not clog or clump together, I only use one application moving from the base line of my lashes to the tips and it creates a really natural looking lash. Stays on all day and is a great everyday mascara, but also works great for night time looks. I love this product!

on 7/5/2010 1:15:00 AM

I love Mirenesse for the very reason that when I wash it off, it all comes off, no need for eye-make-up remover, rubbing my eyes red-raw or anything, just run warm water over my eyes in the shower, rub gently and it all comes off.

The product makes my lashes much longer, adds sooo much length. It can get clumpy, but its a natural product so a drop of water in the tube re-invigorates the product. I'm signed up to the mailing club, I get special offers so I never buy full price.

on 10/15/2009 8:21:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I've been trying to find the perfect mascara.
Still haven't but this one isn't a bad one.
Pros:
-No smudges!
- Does not feel like I'm wearing mascara
- Easy to get mascara off! With simply warm water. (Although it is to be noted that this is meant to be waterproof but oh well?)
Cons:
I'm not sure if it's just me but I can never seem to find a mascara that separates all my lashes completely. This one doesn't do the trick either.
Not a bad mascara, probably wouldn't be the best either.