Mirenesse Secret Weapon Mascara

Mirenesse Secret Weapon Mascara

2.7

on 5/16/2012 3:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I love this Mineresse Mascara, I use it as my everyday mascara, for a nice casual look. Years ago I had trouble wish lashes that kept breaking and wouldn't grow very fast, but this little gem fixed the problem.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I used to love this mascara!

Even though it does only give a more natural look, it was adequate for my day look, long-wearing, smudge-proof. I also simply loved how it came off so easily with warm water.

My recent 2 purchases of this product have been less than impressive (similar to what people have already been saying), the product must have been old when it was sent to me because it was dry and did not apply to my eyelashes well.. and at that price I am not gonna bother a third time, I've bought Blinc Mascara to try since it does similar things..

On a side note my favorite mascaras are Lash Architect by L'Oreal (cheaper option), or Hypnose by Lancome!

If you are someone who sleeps in their makeup on a fairly regular basis, or has super sensitive eyes, I highly recommend this mascara. The original formulation is AUD $35.00, but there are new variations with the same formulation but different brushes. Look out for the new SEXY Secret Weapon with the plastic fantastic brush tried it love it too although it is a little more expensive at $39.95.

This product has won many awards. Even better, Mirenesse is an Australian company and operates mostly as an internet business. You may find the odd chemist stocking a few products here and there, but check out the Mirenesse website for where to buy. This mascara is free from paraben, fragrance, mineral oil, petrolatum, alcohol and SLS (soap) and will suit even the most sensitive eyes and contact lens wearers.

This mascara will not dry your lashes, and the product wraps itself around each lash creating a little tube of color. There is no fall out, no smudging and no panda eyes even after sleeping in it. Jump in the shower and let some water fall on your face. With your eyes closed, hold your lashes to you cheek and slowly open your eyes. The little tubes will remain under your finger. You can take the same approach to removal by using a wet cotton pad, and wiping downward gently. You will see the tubes left on the pad.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

i bought the sample of this. i have medium straight lashes. its alright, nothing impressive. gives length but thats it. can clump if your not really careful, doesnt keep a curl. i dont like how it leaves lashes feeling hard. comes off easily. will dry very very quick!

on 9/7/2007 12:40:00 AM

To be honest I found this mascara quite average. The brush was nothing new. It adds some volume and some length, but nothing spectacular. I also found that it dries way too fast, making it clump easily. I don't think it's worth it for the money, there are better mascaras out there.

on 10/24/2006 9:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

I had to give this product a low rating for 1 reason: it dried out after 2 weeks. There is NO WAY a mascara should dry out this quickly. Opened second tube; same thing. Ordered ANOTHER 2 tubes and THEY both dried out after 2 weeks of use (every day). I emailed CS and never received a reply. It's a damn shame because this product delivered in every way; never smudged, flaked, went on well (when it wasn't dried out), looked great on and came off like a dream. LOVED how it came off so easily. Ah well. I can NOT justify ANY product that lasts 2 weeks (or less).

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I have totally fallen in love with this mascara! It lengthens and curls my lashes as if I had gotten them professionally done! And better yet, I can go all day without it flaking, smearing, or smudging! Thanks Mirenesse!

on 3/15/2006 12:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I was so excited to try this, and I am SO DISAPPOINTED!!! The tube is pretty enough, not that that really counts for anything. Way too much mascara on the brush, had to wipe off extra back on to the tube, and I hate that. Then, applied it, which didn't go well. Very hard to get an even application. It seemed to clump and ball up, making distribution very hard. Then I made the huge mistake of trying to curl my lashes after letting it 'dry'...SICK!! There were huge holes left by the curler, mascara was gone. Try covering that up. All in all this was a huge pain in the butt. Not worth the hype or money.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I like how this doesn't irritate my sensitive eyes at all and is so easy to remove but it makes the curl I work so hard to put in my straight lashes fall immediately and causes clumps and my lashes to stick together. I find I like it better than Kiss Me cause that just seems to give me the look of 5 extra long lashes on each eye but I find the Kiss Me brush is nicer and the finish is glossier. However Mirenesse does allow for more volume which I need for my rather fine but long straight lashes. I guess I'll have to try Kanebo next since I seem to be on the right track with the tubey thing but the formulation still isn't right with Mirenesse. I'm disappointed overall.

on 12/10/2005 3:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I've been dying to try this forever and finally took the plunge -- what a disappointment!

It gave me no volume, no lift, nothing, no matter how many coats I put on. I like really thick lashes and this just isn't doing it for me.

Sigh -- back it goes.

The best part about this mascara is the packaging. It's beautiful but that's not what matters. The product inside the packaging is. continued >>