Mirenesse Secret Weapon Mascara

Filtered by skin type : Normal
Mirenesse Secret Weapon Mascara

3.8

on 5/5/2017 1:45:00 AM

For someone like me that can never wear eye makeup unless I want to look like a raccoon, this mascara will save you! The only way this mascara will smudge is if you sneeze before it's dried. I tightline my upper lid with it and then do my upper lashes. This stuff is absolutely amazing. At the end of 12 hours, my eyes still look perfect.

on 5/24/2011 12:30:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

When I first tried this out, my first thought was "good thing I got the travel sized one." But somehow, after the first use it got better. It's still dry (I'm a bit leery to add water to it), but it gives a very subtle look that I would describe as feathery. I like the brush, shipping came 10 days earlier than expected, and the prices were nice!

on 11/27/2010 12:10:00 PM

I have use this product in 2 month now and i am really hate it when i take it off, because when i take it off with water then some of the mascara get in my eye and then i have to take the mascara out of my eye and that really heards. but it give lenght not so much volume, and when you cry some of the mascara goes away.

I would not bye this product again!

I requested a trial size of this and paid only shipping. I'm really glad I didn't pay for the full size. It took a LONG time to get to the US from Australia, but since it was a free trial who am I to complain? On to the product...It was disappointing to say the least. I have terrible eye allergies, they tear up constantly and I rub them a lot. I'm always looking for eye makeup that will stay put - I thought this mascara might be the answer I was looking for. Unfortunately, my waterproof CG lashexact is much better. As others have stated, this does a decent job of staying on but it's clumpy and unimpressive in the volumizing/lengthening departments.

on 5/29/2007 11:24:00 PM

I had high expectations from this, but also from the mix reviews i've read on MUA, wasnt sure what to expect.
application: 1/5 - thick, clumpy, lots of globs. hard to apply and also only applys in thin layers. dries very quickly - almost too quickly to apply more without more clumps. even lash comb doesnt make much difference (coz it dries too quickly to comb out blobs). clumps lashes together
staying power - 5/5. i've got sensitive eyes and this lives up to expectations - no flaking or irritation all day. removes with ease.

i've listened to advice of others and added a drop of water (saline) to this to thin it out. didnt help much. however, would try it once again (in hope of better luck) simply coz its the only mascara that i can use all day without irritation. however, if it clumps and globs again, i'd never repurchase. just not worth the terrible look!

on 3/29/2007 9:32:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I wear mascara everyday and have gone through so many brands so I know what works well for me. Overall this product works well when it's only applied twice at the most, as it dries quickly once exposed to air. It retains the curl quite well (although I used a Shu Uemura eyelash curler to start with) and ran just a tad slightly after a really heavy spin cycling class. What I like is that it washes off easily with soap and water. As to how it looks, a light hand is best as it coats thickly on the first application, even after swiping the excess product away from the brush. It slightly lengthens and thickens, and definitely wouldn't buy this again, only because I have found better ones, however I do regard this more highly than some horrendous Maybelline mascaras I had the misfortune of buying.

EDIT: I must have received a dud product last time because the one that I bought this time (came with 4 free lip glosses) was much better. Firstly it didn't dry so quickly. What I found was when appyling to my almost non-existent lashes, without a primer, it lengthened without volumising, which is NOT what I wanted. With the Shiseido primer however, the product improved markedly, providing the much needed volume (although this is more to do with the wonderful Shiseido primer I guess). I'm increasing this to 4 out of 5, due to its wearability.

on 1/16/2007 2:26:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Tried it, after the hype on HSN, but just could not get into it. It seemed "skimpy" and I need lashbuilding since I have thin, thin eyelashes. I found it did not work well with the lash curler but it does wash off easily. Another one of those been there, done that cosmetic purchases.

on 12/9/2006 8:32:00 AM

Stays on all day and never smudges but works best when you only apply one coat. I build up the amount that I want during this coat. I frequently add warm water by dipping the brush into the water and then dipping into the mascara to make the product the correct consistency. This way, the mascara lasts 2 to 3 months.

I've been wanting to give this mascara a shot, due to all kinds of good reviews. So I bought a try me kit from HSN. Honestly, I don't really think this mascara is that great. It's okay, but not great and I would not buy it on its own for the $19.95 + s/h, definately not worth it IMO, not when I can find good quality drugstore mascaras out there (ie.Max Factor Lash Perfection)

on 3/10/2006 9:15:00 AM

This is the only mascara I have been using for the last four years.I am on the autoship program with HSN.This is the best mascara for me, the only one that doesn't run,smudge , or smear.I love the fact that I can it remove with water without having to use eye makeup removers which usually sting my eyes.