Mirenesse Secret Weapon Mascara

Filtered by skin type : Dry
Mirenesse Secret Weapon Mascara

3.9

on 11/1/2012 5:39:00 AM

First mascara I really used. It's the only mascara I've used that's ben 100% smudgeproof and it gives long, beautifully separated lashes. Only complaint is that it doesn't give much volume, but exactly that makes it perfect for a natural look.

Tip: I've also had problems with it being a bit dry, but just added a few drops of water. I know it sounds like a bad idea, but it actually helped a lot.

on 4/10/2011 7:02:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This used to be my favourite mascara. I used it for 6 years and was perfectly happy. However, when I bought my third to last one, after about a week it was dry and clumpy coming out of the tube. I thought that I must have just been sent some old stock - and I was such a faithful user that I ordered another. Same thing happened! Once more I bought another and after a month it was clumpy. I rang them up and they suggested that I put a drop or 2 of warm water in the tube to loosen the mascara. Well that worked but it started to flake when I was wearing it. So I said goodbye to it and have moved on to Avon Super Extend. It looks the same on as the Secret Weapon and it is cheaper.

on 11/10/2010 7:26:00 AM

Perfect mascara! I use the super long one. After all those years.. finally I found a perfect mascara! I always used waterproof mascara from many other brands and even though they're waterproof it's always smudge after a while. Especially that I have watery eyes.
This Mirenesse mascara never smudge even though my eyes are watery. And to clean it is sooo easy.. you don't need eye make up remover.. just use warm water when you're in the shower or when you cleanse your face at night... and yes.. it will last for hours without any smudge!
The only downside is the price... but really worth it!

on 1/15/2009 9:10:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

The original of this mascara is the best. Variants can be a bit dodgy in my experience. The one in the black tube is just awful...

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I'm not absolutely crazy about this mascara as it doesn't apply very smoothly, but I like it enough to repurchase because this is the first mascara I've tried in a very long time that DOES NOT SMUDGE. It's also easy to remove. UPDATE: Thanks to kobe_22 for the tip on adding a little bit of water to this. That has made a huge difference in the consistency and it now applies much easier and smoother. The water doesn't affect the staying power either, which is great.

on 2/26/2007 12:20:00 PM

This mascara is not perfect but is the best I have used to date. It stays where you put it. It makes my lashes look longer than they are, thick and full and the black color in this mascara makes other black mascaras look brown. Two problems though, this is a dry formula and you must act quickly to get your lashes the way you want them. The reviewer that suggested adding water to keep it from drying out was a miracle, definitely works. The other problem is that it clumps. I use tweezerman's lash comb and works great for clumps but considering the way my lashes look with this mascara it is worth the extra time to comb through them. My lashes have never looked this good. The formula of this mascara is not like most others. I would say this one may have a bit of a learning curve but definitely worth it. Give it more than just a few trys. I love the ease of removal so much I cannot even imagine having to go back to a mascara where I need eyemakeup remover. Forgot to mention this mascara does not smear, run or flake on me. I love it!

on 2/14/2007 7:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Good mascara, the best thing is being able to remove it in the shower in tubes. No rubbing or eyemakeup remover needed. A suggestion for all the people who said it dried out quickly - you can add a small amount of water to this one, as it is water-based. This makes the texture and consistency back to when you first opened it.

on 7/6/2006 12:20:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This works well for me. Proper application is essential, so read the other reviews for specifics. No raccoon eyes!

on 6/10/2006 7:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

The best part of this mascara is not worrying about raccoon eyes. It also seperates lashes nicely. Lashes are defined and a bit longer and thicker. Almost the same kind of effect as Diorshow has on me. I didn't expect to like it as much as I do but I think I will keep this one around for bottom lashes or quick mascara days as it is easy to apply, hard to mess up. Long wearing mascara that makes lashes stand out. Worth trying.

on 3/16/2006 11:55:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This left my short, stubby, skinny lashes short, stubby and skinny. I don't think I've ever used a mascara that did so little for so much $....and I've tried a gazillion.