Mirenesse Secret Weapon Mascara

Filtered by skin type : Very Dry
Mirenesse Secret Weapon Mascara

3.0

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Three or four years ago, I would had rated this mascara 5 across the board. Since that time, Mirenesse has changed the formula, and not for the better. I bought this last year in a kit ( included the Moonlight pen ) and both were horrible. I wouldn't trade the Power Lift ( another review ) for anything in the world, but the mascara was a big disappointment. HSN has discontinued the Mirenesse line. If, you go to Mirenesse.com they offer some full size samples, including the "new" Super Long mascara. I might give that one a try.

on 2/19/2007 11:00:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

This mascara is not quite my holy grail - as I'm still looking, but it comes as close as any other. You won't get over the top volume or length with this mascara, but it will provide nice coverage, color, and definition. It doesn't smear, smudge, or flake, and it removes easily with water -- which is the reason for the rating of 4 rather than 5. You may lose coverage on a few lashes if your eyes water in windy weather. All in all, a great mascara - the best I've found (and I've tried too many to remember - Benefit, Chanel, Darphin, Maybelline, Cover Girl, Max Factor, Loreal. . .).

on 8/27/2005 9:50:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

The ONLY mascara I will ever use! Great stuff! No smudging, comes off easily. Just don't wipe your eyes if they're teary. Seems to dry up fairly easily, then I just add a couple of drops of sterile saline to the tube and it provides much more use. UPDATE I may have just replaced this as my HG with Max Factor Lash Perfection.

on 11/3/2004 6:25:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Pros: gentle for sensitive eyes, especially as far as removal goes, nice subtle glossy finish. I already have long dark lashes so the finish is enough for me, but if you want thickening, this isn't the product for you.

Cons: clumps a lot, not dramatic enough for most peep's needs, dries out in the tube REALLY fast.
Overall, Mirenesse really need to reformulate this product.

on 11/17/2003 6:00:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

great staying power. doesnt smudge. reason i rated it 3 lippies is because it doesn't really make my lashes as long and thick as other lashes i've tried. and it sometimes clumps on me. but the staying power is amazing.