Mirenesse Secret Weapon Mascara

Filtered by skin type : Other
Mirenesse Secret Weapon Mascara

3.9

on 1/27/2009 6:18:00 PM

I have been using this daily for over a month and I'm still not sure how I feel about it. I think I really like it, but it is hit or miss. I have the best results when I use it with a primer. I followed the instructions and use the tip of the wand to coat the tips of my lashes then work from the bottom up. The tube does not last long, maybe a few weeks and then it starts drying up on me. I did not buy this product; I got a bunch for free from my dad. I don't think I will ever purchase this, just for convenience reasons though. It comes off super easy with water and has amazing staying power. (I can wear this stuff to bed and wake up looking like I just applied it)

on 12/30/2008 2:16:00 PM

I don't usually get excited about makeup, but this mascara is amazing! I've tried so many, & always end up rather disappointed & then use false lashes instead. My real lashes needed a break from all the glue, so I gave this a try after hearing someone rave about it.
My lashes look great- longer, thicker, & it stays on really well. Cleans off in little tube shapes w just water in the shower. & it curls, too!
Absolutely in love w this mascara.

on 2/26/2007 7:00:00 PM

I've been searching for the perfect mascara for 30 years and I'm so glad I only purchased this in the travel size. It just did'nt apply evenly and felt very drying and did'nt hold a curl at all. The only plus to it..washed off very easily. Never again. Curling,non flaking,non-smudging,defining, maybe someday my search will be over.. and if I find it, I will be sure to let you know!

on 11/19/2006 7:43:00 AM

I found this to be very easy to apply. It stayed put all day and there was not a clump in sight for the 3 months that I used it. Also there was no smudging. Washed off easily with water AND gentle rubbing. The bad thing about this mascara is that it didn't really volumise or lenghthen all that much - however, I think it is good as a daytime 'natural' mascara and will repurchase.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I really, really like this mascara! This is the only formula I've ever used that doesn't run, smudge or come off until you wash your face! I'm absolutely thrilled I discovered it by trying a mirenesse kit from HSN. I'm loving the reat of the Mirenesse products as well (foundations, powder, lip treatments $ concealor). They're all top of the line IMHO. Will definetly repurchase!

on 4/26/2005 9:56:00 PM

I used this mascara for about two years and found that it did not budge as most mascaras (even WP ones) can tend to give me panda eyes.

Mirenesse changed the brush to a "diamond shape" and since then I can not get any mascara out of the tube onto the wand. What does come out on the wand I try and apply to my lashes only there isn't any mascara on the wand to apply to my lashes. It takes 5-6 coats of mascara before you can see any difference. Sorry I don't have that much time in the morning to be playing around with mascara.

I emailed the company and they said that the formula has not been changed they only changed the brush. Such a shame b/c it was one of the best mascaras I have used up until now.

Prior to the new brush incident I did find that the mascara did dry up quite quickly and found myself repurchasing every two months as opposed to every three months. However I will no longer repurchase as it is no longer working for me.

***UPDATE*** I returned the above mentioned tube of mascara to the company and they sent me a new one. I am no longer having the problem where no mascara was coming out onto the wand so methinks I got a bad batch. I still hate the new brush but at least the mascara is still working for me i.e. no panda eyes so I will go back to repurchasing it.

on 8/1/2004 4:14:00 AM

This is my HG!! Absolutely the BEST mascara i have ever used, and i have tried tonnes! Excellent and highly reccomended!

on 5/2/2004 8:29:00 AM

This is my Holy Grail mascara!! I have tried many, but this is my favorite. It goes on without clumping and lasts all day until I remove it with water. I love that it doesn't smudge or run under my eyes throughout the day, and when I take it off with water it doesn't leave dark rings under my eyes. The only thing I don't like is that it tends to dry out a little faster than other mascaras I have used. Therefore I find myself having to repurchase more often. But - I will continue to repurchase beause it is amazing stuff!!

on 3/5/2004 5:08:00 PM

I was very dissapointed with this. I had heard good things about this product and thought it would be a cheaper option of Lancome's magicils. This doesn't wash off all that easily and it dissolves and flakes off. It leaves black residue under my eyes and it also stings my eyes when i was it off. I am very dissapointed with this & am now going to purchase Magicils instead.

on 12/10/2003 8:23:00 AM

It doesn't create the most gorgeous lashes in the world, but it doesn't panda, so that makes it perfect for me for day wear. It really does stay put until you're ready to take it off.