Mirenesse Secret Weapon Mascara

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Mirenesse Secret Weapon Mascara

3.3

on 5/5/2017 1:45:00 AM

For someone like me that can never wear eye makeup unless I want to look like a raccoon, this mascara will save you! The only way this mascara will smudge is if you sneeze before it's dried. I tightline my upper lid with it and then do my upper lashes. This stuff is absolutely amazing. At the end of 12 hours, my eyes still look perfect.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This mascara isn't for me. Not enough volume or length.... I like the false lash look and this gives the natural look. It's ok.... a bit clumpy on the brush but separates lashes nicely, but too natural for my tastes.....

Great tube mascara

on 5/27/2012 5:39:00 PM

I got a very reasonably priced sample of this from 'latest in beauty' or would never have tried it. I generally dislike mascara as my eyes water alot and I seem to have oddly place lashes that point all over the place on one eye - so I'm inclined to leave them alone and not draw attention to them!
For a few years I've used cake mascaras that seem to smudge and bleed less and give a subtle look, but this Miranesse Mascara sample blew them out of the water.
It is quite subtle - not really obviously made up spiders legs eyelashes which I don't want at all. I find it very easy to apply, any odd mistakes really easy to remove, and it never smudges at all on me.
To start with I had a few problems removing it - with little bits ending up in myy eyes but, after a bit of trial and error, I have that sorted and I can't imagine I will now ever use a diferent mascara.

on 5/16/2012 3:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I love this Mineresse Mascara, I use it as my everyday mascara, for a nice casual look. Years ago I had trouble wish lashes that kept breaking and wouldn't grow very fast, but this little gem fixed the problem.

Underwhelmed, sorry! I find the formula darkens and separates my lashes, and applies smoothly and evenly without clumping - it's just that I get neither impressive length nor volume. Length is not such an issue for me as my lashes are pretty long naturally, but I desperately need my mascara to boost volume. With SW, my lashes are puny not plump - even when I have PILED on the coats.
So, I like that this mascara is an easy-to-apply-easy-to-remove formulation, but the look is ultra-natural (and I think I could get a similar 'faux naturel' look from a d/s brand.)

on 11/10/2010 7:26:00 AM

Perfect mascara! I use the super long one. After all those years.. finally I found a perfect mascara! I always used waterproof mascara from many other brands and even though they're waterproof it's always smudge after a while. Especially that I have watery eyes.
This Mirenesse mascara never smudge even though my eyes are watery. And to clean it is sooo easy.. you don't need eye make up remover.. just use warm water when you're in the shower or when you cleanse your face at night... and yes.. it will last for hours without any smudge!
The only downside is the price... but really worth it!

If you are someone who sleeps in their makeup on a fairly regular basis, or has super sensitive eyes, I highly recommend this mascara. The original formulation is AUD $35.00, but there are new variations with the same formulation but different brushes. Look out for the new SEXY Secret Weapon with the plastic fantastic brush tried it love it too although it is a little more expensive at $39.95.

This product has won many awards. Even better, Mirenesse is an Australian company and operates mostly as an internet business. You may find the odd chemist stocking a few products here and there, but check out the Mirenesse website for where to buy. This mascara is free from paraben, fragrance, mineral oil, petrolatum, alcohol and SLS (soap) and will suit even the most sensitive eyes and contact lens wearers.

This mascara will not dry your lashes, and the product wraps itself around each lash creating a little tube of color. There is no fall out, no smudging and no panda eyes even after sleeping in it. Jump in the shower and let some water fall on your face. With your eyes closed, hold your lashes to you cheek and slowly open your eyes. The little tubes will remain under your finger. You can take the same approach to removal by using a wet cotton pad, and wiping downward gently. You will see the tubes left on the pad.

on 1/14/2009 11:18:00 AM

Have to layer a lot before noticing anything but it clumps if you don't do it fast enough.
Dull colour, gives me brittle flaky lashes and my undereye area has smudges and lots of mascara flakes.
Slightly stung the roots of my lashes.
Terrible.

on 9/19/2008 9:42:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

Pros:
- Doesn't smudge
- Removes with water (though I need to use eye makeup remover anyway for my eyeshadow!)
Cons:
- Makes my lashes look dry and brittle, rather than glossy
- Tends to clump and look uneven
- Doesn't curl or lengthen dramatically
- Not a fan of the wand
- The recommendation to use within 30 days!
This mascara is really overpriced, IMO. There are heaps of cheaper mascaras that do a way better job. I'm glad I only had to pay postage for this, because I would have been really annoyed if I paid full-price. I don't think I'll even finish the tube, as I hate the way this makes my lashes look.