Mirenesse Secret Weapon Mascara

Filtered by age: 44-55
Mirenesse Secret Weapon Mascara

3.6

on 5/5/2017 1:45:00 AM

For someone like me that can never wear eye makeup unless I want to look like a raccoon, this mascara will save you! The only way this mascara will smudge is if you sneeze before it's dried. I tightline my upper lid with it and then do my upper lashes. This stuff is absolutely amazing. At the end of 12 hours, my eyes still look perfect.

I love this, it really stays on. I sweat in it and it stays put. I wash it off the first time, it stays put. I need to wash it off a further 1-2 times. It really does work and I love the look of it. You can go light or can build it up more. It also doesn't irritate my eyes like most mascaras do. :) Totally love it.

on 5/27/2012 5:39:00 PM

I got a very reasonably priced sample of this from 'latest in beauty' or would never have tried it. I generally dislike mascara as my eyes water alot and I seem to have oddly place lashes that point all over the place on one eye - so I'm inclined to leave them alone and not draw attention to them!
For a few years I've used cake mascaras that seem to smudge and bleed less and give a subtle look, but this Miranesse Mascara sample blew them out of the water.
It is quite subtle - not really obviously made up spiders legs eyelashes which I don't want at all. I find it very easy to apply, any odd mistakes really easy to remove, and it never smudges at all on me.
To start with I had a few problems removing it - with little bits ending up in myy eyes but, after a bit of trial and error, I have that sorted and I can't imagine I will now ever use a diferent mascara.

on 4/10/2011 7:02:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This used to be my favourite mascara. I used it for 6 years and was perfectly happy. However, when I bought my third to last one, after about a week it was dry and clumpy coming out of the tube. I thought that I must have just been sent some old stock - and I was such a faithful user that I ordered another. Same thing happened! Once more I bought another and after a month it was clumpy. I rang them up and they suggested that I put a drop or 2 of warm water in the tube to loosen the mascara. Well that worked but it started to flake when I was wearing it. So I said goodbye to it and have moved on to Avon Super Extend. It looks the same on as the Secret Weapon and it is cheaper.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Three or four years ago, I would had rated this mascara 5 across the board. Since that time, Mirenesse has changed the formula, and not for the better. I bought this last year in a kit ( included the Moonlight pen ) and both were horrible. I wouldn't trade the Power Lift ( another review ) for anything in the world, but the mascara was a big disappointment. HSN has discontinued the Mirenesse line. If, you go to Mirenesse.com they offer some full size samples, including the "new" Super Long mascara. I might give that one a try.

on 11/29/2007 1:21:00 AM

I love scret weapon! I will never use anything else. I started using this after I purchased from HSN, It puts tubes on your lashes. Makes it so easy to remove no skunk eyes ever even if you sleep in it. HSN stopped carrying mirenesse :( Now I have to find a place that carries it) . It was worth the price and I would recommend to anyone who is sick of hard rubbing od your eyes to get your makeup off and it goes on so easily. Very happy :)

on 3/11/2007 3:20:00 PM

Love this mascara, this is the only mascara I will ever use, for the first time I dont have black smudges underneath my eyes. Worth every penny.

on 2/26/2007 7:00:00 PM

I've been searching for the perfect mascara for 30 years and I'm so glad I only purchased this in the travel size. It just did'nt apply evenly and felt very drying and did'nt hold a curl at all. The only plus to it..washed off very easily. Never again. Curling,non flaking,non-smudging,defining, maybe someday my search will be over.. and if I find it, I will be sure to let you know!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

One of the worst Mascaras out in the market. I know it has won awards but not worth the price. The only thing good about this mascara is the way it comes off. It does not pull or give you panda eyes when taking it off. But the mascara does not build thickness nor length to the look of your lashes. The product is on the dry side and there does not seem to be a lot of product in tube.

on 1/16/2007 2:26:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Tried it, after the hype on HSN, but just could not get into it. It seemed "skimpy" and I need lashbuilding since I have thin, thin eyelashes. I found it did not work well with the lash curler but it does wash off easily. Another one of those been there, done that cosmetic purchases.