Mirenesse Secret Weapon Mascara

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
Mirenesse Secret Weapon Mascara

3.7

Am I the only one who thinks this mascara sucks?
The wand broke after using it once:/
It drys out my lashes and makes them go crunchy. Not to mention the clumping. Plus, I get flakes all over my face.

on 11/4/2006 5:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

update on this mascara...after about 2 weeks it got clumpy, goopy and dried out. It is pretty much unusable after that time. My cheap Maybelline Great Lash mascara lasts longer than this!! Definitely not a repurchase.

on 4/10/2011 7:02:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This used to be my favourite mascara. I used it for 6 years and was perfectly happy. However, when I bought my third to last one, after about a week it was dry and clumpy coming out of the tube. I thought that I must have just been sent some old stock - and I was such a faithful user that I ordered another. Same thing happened! Once more I bought another and after a month it was clumpy. I rang them up and they suggested that I put a drop or 2 of warm water in the tube to loosen the mascara. Well that worked but it started to flake when I was wearing it. So I said goodbye to it and have moved on to Avon Super Extend. It looks the same on as the Secret Weapon and it is cheaper.

I have tried almost every mascara out there. This does not live up to its claim. I agree with the other posters - it dries out VERY fast, clumps way too easily and is way too pricey. I have even given this about 3 tries. Definitely NOT repurchase.

on 11/3/2004 6:25:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Pros: gentle for sensitive eyes, especially as far as removal goes, nice subtle glossy finish. I already have long dark lashes so the finish is enough for me, but if you want thickening, this isn't the product for you.

Cons: clumps a lot, not dramatic enough for most peep's needs, dries out in the tube REALLY fast.
Overall, Mirenesse really need to reformulate this product.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

i bought the sample of this. i have medium straight lashes. its alright, nothing impressive. gives length but thats it. can clump if your not really careful, doesnt keep a curl. i dont like how it leaves lashes feeling hard. comes off easily. will dry very very quick!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I like how this doesn't irritate my sensitive eyes at all and is so easy to remove but it makes the curl I work so hard to put in my straight lashes fall immediately and causes clumps and my lashes to stick together. I find I like it better than Kiss Me cause that just seems to give me the look of 5 extra long lashes on each eye but I find the Kiss Me brush is nicer and the finish is glossier. However Mirenesse does allow for more volume which I need for my rather fine but long straight lashes. I guess I'll have to try Kanebo next since I seem to be on the right track with the tubey thing but the formulation still isn't right with Mirenesse. I'm disappointed overall.

on 1/27/2008 12:34:00 AM

Great product! I have to agree with other reviewers in the sense that it doesn't smudge AT ALL. Mascara always smudges on me and I am constantly wiping away the racoon eyes after a long night out. This stuff stays put EVEN if I regrettably forget to wash my face and sleep in it. I'm not crazy about the volume / shape, but if you use a curler correctly you can get the ideal end result. If you're a girl like me who suffers from the smudging, I highly recommend this mascara! You also can't beat the price -- FREE samples all the time at mirenesse.com. I've never paid for a full sized product and have fared well : )

on 2/14/2007 7:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Good mascara, the best thing is being able to remove it in the shower in tubes. No rubbing or eyemakeup remover needed. A suggestion for all the people who said it dried out quickly - you can add a small amount of water to this one, as it is water-based. This makes the texture and consistency back to when you first opened it.

on 7/6/2006 12:20:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This works well for me. Proper application is essential, so read the other reviews for specifics. No raccoon eyes!