Mirenesse Secret Weapon Mascara

Mirenesse Secret Weapon Mascara

3.6

I initially heard of MIRENESSE on facebook. I was quite intrigued by this company as their “10” foundation and their mascaras seemed to be offering what all my other make ups did not. I came across a coupon for a free MIRENESSE vip registry. I searched high and low for the hidden fees of subsequent charges but found nothing so I registered. For free? Why not!! By being VIP they offered free shipping (from Australia is quite costly) and significant discounts on their products. All of their reviews were outstanding. I ordered my first “10” foundation. I am fairly light skinned and being 40 years old I have been wearing make up long enough to know my color. The color that arrived that should have been appropriate for my skin looked like I was painting my skin white. It was RIDICULOUSLY light. It also did NOT stand up to any of the “10” benefits it claimed. I sent a message with the complaint and they insisted I must mix it with a bronzer. No where in their description did it say that before I bought it and obviously this is a common problem they must have known about if they already knew the solution. I insisted they send me said bronzer but instead they offered to exchange it, with shipping at MY cost. So it would cost me at least $10 more for a make up I didn’t care for. I then began to investigate further and noticed their facebook page doesn’t allow for you to post OR message them. I went back to their website and again I found that there was no where for you to write a review of their company or make up. So where exactly are all these outstanding reviews coming from? I wish I had investigated this first. Then to my surprise I received an email notification of the first VIP membership charge. I sent an email immediately insisting they reverse this charge and cancel this account or I would dispute it and slam them in every review I could possibly find. Thankfully I have not seen the charge on my credit card since. When the rest of my order arrived I noted that they had sent a purple eye liner instead of the black I had ordered. I hate purple. I immediately went to their website to confirm my order but they had BLOCKED ME OUT of seeing all of my past orders. I sent a msg and they said I ordered the purple and sent me a “screen shot” of the order. Seriously? I ate the loss, gave away the liner and swore off this company for good. I strongly suggest you do NOT fall prey to this company. They are shady and dishonest and their make ups do NOT stand up to the claims that they make.

on 9/10/2012 11:07:00 AM

Grrrrrrrrrr. MULTIPLE times, I have opened Mirenesse mascara, sealed, to find dried out clumps. When this mascara is good, it is the best. But, when Mirenesse mascara is bad, Mirenesse will not replace unless the customer provides the order #. (I do not keep order #'s.) It seemed they expressed no remorse or concern about their dried out product, nor did they express desire to research the cause of the problem. Now, I read other reviews that tell of Mirenesse mascara tubes with "dried out clumps". It makes me wonder if they are sending old product to USA customers.

on 1/14/2009 11:18:00 AM

Have to layer a lot before noticing anything but it clumps if you don't do it fast enough.
Dull colour, gives me brittle flaky lashes and my undereye area has smudges and lots of mascara flakes.
Slightly stung the roots of my lashes.
Terrible.

Am I the only one who thinks this mascara sucks?
The wand broke after using it once:/
It drys out my lashes and makes them go crunchy. Not to mention the clumping. Plus, I get flakes all over my face.

on 5/15/2008 4:41:00 AM

I got a full size mascara ("Super Curl") as a sample with only $8.50 (S&H). It came with a sheet of detailed instructions. Curved shape of wand is not something I'm familiar with but it is slim and very easy to apply. This mascara amazingly keeps my stubborn, straight eyelashes curled, makes my lashes truly black, lengthens them and adds a bit of volume (this mascara is not for those who want va-va-voom dramatic lashes). AND this is mighty waterproof yet removes with warm water & gentle pressure. This water-based formula is very smooth, fluid and very easy to apply--no driness, no clumps. My lashes look very natural and I LOVE the look this mascara produces, BUT the biggest and serious problem I have is that this mascara STINGS my eyes like crazy!!! (I wish I could give the score 0 for this reason if I could) It's very painful indeed. Ugh! I have burning sensation and there's no way I can bear with this. One more thing I don't like much is that coated lashes become so hardened, not soft at all. Other than that, this must be a great mascara for those who won't have a reaction to this formula.
*** Oh, but I will wash and keep the wand though. It's a very good wand!***

I requested a trial size of this and paid only shipping. I'm really glad I didn't pay for the full size. It took a LONG time to get to the US from Australia, but since it was a free trial who am I to complain? On to the product...It was disappointing to say the least. I have terrible eye allergies, they tear up constantly and I rub them a lot. I'm always looking for eye makeup that will stay put - I thought this mascara might be the answer I was looking for. Unfortunately, my waterproof CG lashexact is much better. As others have stated, this does a decent job of staying on but it's clumpy and unimpressive in the volumizing/lengthening departments.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Three or four years ago, I would had rated this mascara 5 across the board. Since that time, Mirenesse has changed the formula, and not for the better. I bought this last year in a kit ( included the Moonlight pen ) and both were horrible. I wouldn't trade the Power Lift ( another review ) for anything in the world, but the mascara was a big disappointment. HSN has discontinued the Mirenesse line. If, you go to Mirenesse.com they offer some full size samples, including the "new" Super Long mascara. I might give that one a try.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I really wanted to like this product given the reviews. I have a sample size version and I'm glad I didn't buy the full size because it is the worst mascara i've ever used. It clumps, dries far too quickly to get an even application and makes all your lashes stick together - not a good look!

on 2/26/2007 7:00:00 PM

I've been searching for the perfect mascara for 30 years and I'm so glad I only purchased this in the travel size. It just did'nt apply evenly and felt very drying and did'nt hold a curl at all. The only plus to it..washed off very easily. Never again. Curling,non flaking,non-smudging,defining, maybe someday my search will be over.. and if I find it, I will be sure to let you know!

on 11/4/2006 5:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

update on this mascara...after about 2 weeks it got clumpy, goopy and dried out. It is pretty much unusable after that time. My cheap Maybelline Great Lash mascara lasts longer than this!! Definitely not a repurchase.