Mirenesse Secret Weapon Mascara

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
Mirenesse Secret Weapon Mascara

3.7

on 6/12/2003 6:22:00 AM

I love this mascara. When you remove it, it doesn't smear all over your face. It's not drying like waterproof mascaras, but stays in place until you remove it with just a swipe of a cotton ball and a little cleanser. For fabulous lashes I wear it over Shisedo's mascara base. It does not clump and more importantly it looks great and I don't have to worry ever about it smudging. The best mascara I have ever used. I have never used anything like it. I got mine on HSN.

on 11/3/2004 6:25:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Pros: gentle for sensitive eyes, especially as far as removal goes, nice subtle glossy finish. I already have long dark lashes so the finish is enough for me, but if you want thickening, this isn't the product for you.

Cons: clumps a lot, not dramatic enough for most peep's needs, dries out in the tube REALLY fast.
Overall, Mirenesse really need to reformulate this product.

Loooooove this mascara!!!! Before I found this I had gotten to the point that I hated mascara. This works as it claims, really lasts, and removes so easily!!! I will never use anything else!
There are a few tricks to application... I always pull the brush across the tube to remove excess (too much comes out until you have used up most of the tube, is a waste of product and can cause serious clumping). Also, when you close it, make sure you feel the little click, keeps product from drying out. Lastly, really "blink" across the wand on your final coat, this is how you can establish some amazing lengthening.

I have been using Mirenesse Secret Weapon Mascara for a couple of weeks and am pretty disappointed. Yes, it stays on all day and doesn't smudge, and comes off easily with warm water - which is great - it just doesn't give me the look I want. I find it impossible to build my lashes with this product & it looks clumpy when I try. To top it off the product is already drying out! I suppose this would be a great mascara for someone who already has long, thick lashes, which I don't. I much prefer any Chanel mascara, L'Oreal's Featherlash and Prescriptives False Eyelashes. I am still, however, in search of my HG mascara...
UPDATE 3/27/07 - I am upgrading this mascara from three to four lippies. I had a second unopened one, and decided to give it a shot again a few weeks ago, and now I'm actually liking it. Not my HG or anything, but actually pretty good for everyday - I might buy it again.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I like how this doesn't irritate my sensitive eyes at all and is so easy to remove but it makes the curl I work so hard to put in my straight lashes fall immediately and causes clumps and my lashes to stick together. I find I like it better than Kiss Me cause that just seems to give me the look of 5 extra long lashes on each eye but I find the Kiss Me brush is nicer and the finish is glossier. However Mirenesse does allow for more volume which I need for my rather fine but long straight lashes. I guess I'll have to try Kanebo next since I seem to be on the right track with the tubey thing but the formulation still isn't right with Mirenesse. I'm disappointed overall.

on 7/6/2006 12:20:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This works well for me. Proper application is essential, so read the other reviews for specifics. No raccoon eyes!

I've tried hundreds of mascaras and came away unimpressed. After watching the demo, I purchased the travel size on eBay and I am in love! I followed the directions and was very impressed...no raccoon eyes, doesn't come off after sleeping, lashes don't dry out and I'm amazed when I see the little tubes wash right off.

Mirenese is excellent for me, and I put myself on autodelivery. However, what what works for one person may not work for another.

on 11/4/2006 5:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

update on this mascara...after about 2 weeks it got clumpy, goopy and dried out. It is pretty much unusable after that time. My cheap Maybelline Great Lash mascara lasts longer than this!! Definitely not a repurchase.

on 12/9/2006 8:32:00 AM

Stays on all day and never smudges but works best when you only apply one coat. I build up the amount that I want during this coat. I frequently add warm water by dipping the brush into the water and then dipping into the mascara to make the product the correct consistency. This way, the mascara lasts 2 to 3 months.

I have tried almost every mascara out there. This does not live up to its claim. I agree with the other posters - it dries out VERY fast, clumps way too easily and is way too pricey. I have even given this about 3 tries. Definitely NOT repurchase.