Mirenesse Secret Weapon Mascara

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel age: 44-55
Mirenesse Secret Weapon Mascara

I love this, it really stays on. I sweat in it and it stays put. I wash it off the first time, it stays put. I need to wash it off a further 1-2 times. It really does work and I love the look of it. You can go light or can build it up more. It also doesn't irritate my eyes like most mascaras do. :) Totally love it.

on 5/27/2012 5:39:00 PM

I got a very reasonably priced sample of this from 'latest in beauty' or would never have tried it. I generally dislike mascara as my eyes water alot and I seem to have oddly place lashes that point all over the place on one eye - so I'm inclined to leave them alone and not draw attention to them!
For a few years I've used cake mascaras that seem to smudge and bleed less and give a subtle look, but this Miranesse Mascara sample blew them out of the water.
It is quite subtle - not really obviously made up spiders legs eyelashes which I don't want at all. I find it very easy to apply, any odd mistakes really easy to remove, and it never smudges at all on me.
To start with I had a few problems removing it - with little bits ending up in myy eyes but, after a bit of trial and error, I have that sorted and I can't imagine I will now ever use a diferent mascara.

on 4/10/2011 7:02:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This used to be my favourite mascara. I used it for 6 years and was perfectly happy. However, when I bought my third to last one, after about a week it was dry and clumpy coming out of the tube. I thought that I must have just been sent some old stock - and I was such a faithful user that I ordered another. Same thing happened! Once more I bought another and after a month it was clumpy. I rang them up and they suggested that I put a drop or 2 of warm water in the tube to loosen the mascara. Well that worked but it started to flake when I was wearing it. So I said goodbye to it and have moved on to Avon Super Extend. It looks the same on as the Secret Weapon and it is cheaper.

on 11/29/2007 1:21:00 AM

I love scret weapon! I will never use anything else. I started using this after I purchased from HSN, It puts tubes on your lashes. Makes it so easy to remove no skunk eyes ever even if you sleep in it. HSN stopped carrying mirenesse :( Now I have to find a place that carries it) . It was worth the price and I would recommend to anyone who is sick of hard rubbing od your eyes to get your makeup off and it goes on so easily. Very happy :)

on 12/9/2006 8:32:00 AM

Stays on all day and never smudges but works best when you only apply one coat. I build up the amount that I want during this coat. I frequently add warm water by dipping the brush into the water and then dipping into the mascara to make the product the correct consistency. This way, the mascara lasts 2 to 3 months.

on 11/4/2006 5:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

update on this mascara...after about 2 weeks it got clumpy, goopy and dried out. It is pretty much unusable after that time. My cheap Maybelline Great Lash mascara lasts longer than this!! Definitely not a repurchase.

I've tried hundreds of mascaras and came away unimpressed. After watching the demo, I purchased the travel size on eBay and I am in love! I followed the directions and was very impressed...no raccoon eyes, doesn't come off after sleeping, lashes don't dry out and I'm amazed when I see the little tubes wash right off.

Mirenese is excellent for me, and I put myself on autodelivery. However, what what works for one person may not work for another.

on 7/6/2006 12:20:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This works well for me. Proper application is essential, so read the other reviews for specifics. No raccoon eyes!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I like how this doesn't irritate my sensitive eyes at all and is so easy to remove but it makes the curl I work so hard to put in my straight lashes fall immediately and causes clumps and my lashes to stick together. I find I like it better than Kiss Me cause that just seems to give me the look of 5 extra long lashes on each eye but I find the Kiss Me brush is nicer and the finish is glossier. However Mirenesse does allow for more volume which I need for my rather fine but long straight lashes. I guess I'll have to try Kanebo next since I seem to be on the right track with the tubey thing but the formulation still isn't right with Mirenesse. I'm disappointed overall.

I have been using Mirenesse Secret Weapon Mascara for a couple of weeks and am pretty disappointed. Yes, it stays on all day and doesn't smudge, and comes off easily with warm water - which is great - it just doesn't give me the look I want. I find it impossible to build my lashes with this product & it looks clumpy when I try. To top it off the product is already drying out! I suppose this would be a great mascara for someone who already has long, thick lashes, which I don't. I much prefer any Chanel mascara, L'Oreal's Featherlash and Prescriptives False Eyelashes. I am still, however, in search of my HG mascara...
UPDATE 3/27/07 - I am upgrading this mascara from three to four lippies. I had a second unopened one, and decided to give it a shot again a few weeks ago, and now I'm actually liking it. Not my HG or anything, but actually pretty good for everyday - I might buy it again.