Mirenesse Secret Weapon Mascara

Filtered by age: 36-43
Mirenesse Secret Weapon Mascara

3.8

Great tube mascara

I initially heard of MIRENESSE on facebook. I was quite intrigued by this company as their 10 foundation and their mascaras seemed to be offering what all my other make ups did not. I came across a coupon for a free MIRENESSE vip registry. I searched high and low for the hidden fees of subsequent charges but found nothing so I registered. For free? Why not!! By being VIP they offered free shipping (from Australia is quite costly) and significant discounts on their products. All of their reviews were outstanding. I ordered my first 10 foundation. I am fairly light skinned and being 40 years old I have been wearing make up long enough to know my color. The color that arrived that should have been appropriate for my skin looked like I was painting my skin white. It was RIDICULOUSLY light. It also did NOT stand up to any of the 10 benefits it claimed. I sent a message with the complaint and they insisted I must mix it with a bronzer. No where in their description did it say that before I bought it and obviously this is a common problem they must have known about if they already knew the solution. I insisted they send me said bronzer but instead they offered to exchange it, with shipping at MY cost. So it would cost me at least $10 more for a make up I didnt care for. I then began to investigate further and noticed their facebook page doesnt allow for you to post OR message them. I went back to their website and again I found that there was no where for you to write a review of their company or make up. So where exactly are all these outstanding reviews coming from? I wish I had investigated this first. Then to my surprise I received an email notification of the first VIP membership charge. I sent an email immediately insisting they reverse this charge and cancel this account or I would dispute it and slam them in every review I could possibly find. Thankfully I have not seen the charge on my credit card since. When the rest of my order arrived I noted that they had sent a purple eye liner instead of the black I had ordered. I hate purple. I immediately went to their website to confirm my order but they had BLOCKED ME OUT of seeing all of my past orders. I sent a msg and they said I ordered the purple and sent me a screen shot of the order. Seriously? I ate the loss, gave away the liner and swore off this company for good. I strongly suggest you do NOT fall prey to this company. They are shady and dishonest and their make ups do NOT stand up to the claims that they make.

on 1/26/2011 10:25:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

This is my favourite mascara ever. It makes my eyelashes appear thicker and longer, and it lasts all day without smudging. I don't need eye makeup remover as the mascara forms tubes over your eyelashes - all you need is water to remove them (I do this in the shower). Easy! Mirenesse have regular specials so I rarely pay full price.

on 11/10/2010 7:26:00 AM

Perfect mascara! I use the super long one. After all those years.. finally I found a perfect mascara! I always used waterproof mascara from many other brands and even though they're waterproof it's always smudge after a while. Especially that I have watery eyes.
This Mirenesse mascara never smudge even though my eyes are watery. And to clean it is sooo easy.. you don't need eye make up remover.. just use warm water when you're in the shower or when you cleanse your face at night... and yes.. it will last for hours without any smudge!
The only downside is the price... but really worth it!

If you are someone who sleeps in their makeup on a fairly regular basis, or has super sensitive eyes, I highly recommend this mascara. The original formulation is AUD $35.00, but there are new variations with the same formulation but different brushes. Look out for the new SEXY Secret Weapon with the plastic fantastic brush tried it love it too although it is a little more expensive at $39.95.

This product has won many awards. Even better, Mirenesse is an Australian company and operates mostly as an internet business. You may find the odd chemist stocking a few products here and there, but check out the Mirenesse website for where to buy. This mascara is free from paraben, fragrance, mineral oil, petrolatum, alcohol and SLS (soap) and will suit even the most sensitive eyes and contact lens wearers.

This mascara will not dry your lashes, and the product wraps itself around each lash creating a little tube of color. There is no fall out, no smudging and no panda eyes even after sleeping in it. Jump in the shower and let some water fall on your face. With your eyes closed, hold your lashes to you cheek and slowly open your eyes. The little tubes will remain under your finger. You can take the same approach to removal by using a wet cotton pad, and wiping downward gently. You will see the tubes left on the pad.

on 10/3/2009 10:55:00 PM

This is my HG mascara. I always seem to get panda eyes with mascara but not this one. I am happy with the length and thickness of my lashes so the thickening and lengthening jargon is a little lost on me. I can put on one coat and it looks good or I can keep putting on more coats to make me look like I have false eyelashes one. It's super easy to get off with just water and I'm really happy with this mascara.

on 6/25/2009 11:52:00 AM

My favourite mascara.This is great as it stays put.I am a shift worker and sleep at times in my makeup.This is great for working out also and no panda eyes or smudging.The black tube has fibers and I must say I like more and for those girls who love the original must try.Simply the best I have tried!.If it dries out just boil water,dip the wand in it then place in tube and it is like new!.

on 5/15/2008 4:41:00 AM

I got a full size mascara ("Super Curl") as a sample with only $8.50 (S&H). It came with a sheet of detailed instructions. Curved shape of wand is not something I'm familiar with but it is slim and very easy to apply. This mascara amazingly keeps my stubborn, straight eyelashes curled, makes my lashes truly black, lengthens them and adds a bit of volume (this mascara is not for those who want va-va-voom dramatic lashes). AND this is mighty waterproof yet removes with warm water & gentle pressure. This water-based formula is very smooth, fluid and very easy to apply--no driness, no clumps. My lashes look very natural and I LOVE the look this mascara produces, BUT the biggest and serious problem I have is that this mascara STINGS my eyes like crazy!!! (I wish I could give the score 0 for this reason if I could) It's very painful indeed. Ugh! I have burning sensation and there's no way I can bear with this. One more thing I don't like much is that coated lashes become so hardened, not soft at all. Other than that, this must be a great mascara for those who won't have a reaction to this formula.
*** Oh, but I will wash and keep the wand though. It's a very good wand!***

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

This product really does live up to its promises. Great coverage of lashes. FANTASTIC staying power (even when you have a cry!). Comes off in the shower or with warm water and a face washer. I have put ALL the girls at work and my family onto it. The Mirenesse website often has freebies on there (full size too!) - you just pay the postage.

I purchased this from our shopping network in Australia and as it was my first ever purchase from the TV I was incredibly "iffy" about it. I was so impressed I joined their website as a VIP (about $20 a month) and you get discount vouchers (normally 2 for 1 deals) plus free samples and every couple of months, a free kit of make-up. Well worth the money AND they also have specials every Thursday.
In one word: FANTASTIC

Update: I have gone back to my Estee Lauder. I dont mind the Mirenesse, but I like the EL Double Wear more and if you are paying full price for the Mirenesse, then its pretty much the same price as the EL DW. In that case I prefer the EL DW. Mainly put off Mirenesse by all these "wonderful" products that they now manufacture - 99% of which are just rubbish.

on 1/4/2008 2:12:00 AM

Love, love, love Secret Weapon! This is the only mascara I've ever found that doesn't give me racoon eyes! Never flakes, and lasts all day long. I have sensitive eyes, but never have problems with irritation from this product. While I find it lengthens my lashes just fine, the lash primer extends them even further. I'm also active in theatre, and use this exclusively. Lasts great, even under those hot lights!