Mario Badescu Buffering Lotion

Mario Badescu Buffering Lotion

3.8

Ingredients: Isopropyl Alcohol,Propylene Glycol, Zinc Oxide, Hydrolyzed Yeast Protein,Glycerin, Niacinamide, Panthenol, Allantoin, Biotin,Isopropyl Myristate,Stearalkonium Hectorite,Pyridoxine HCl,Propylene Carbonate

on 7/18/2016 9:56:00 PM

I have been suffering from cystic acne off and on. Usually once to twice each month always the chin area. When I saw this at ulta I was very skeptical about it. Nothing works for cystic acne. At least not until I found this. Felt the bump on Sunday. Rub this one day and night with my finger after dropping a few drops on my palm. It doesn't cause dryness and calms the redness. Most of all, it takes care of the pain too. 2-3 days and cystic acne is flat and no where in sight. It works. For $19 , I would gladly purchase again for prevention.

on 6/28/2016 6:48:00 AM

At some point, my skin started to only strictly break out in cystic acne. It isn't as severe as many other's but cystic takes a long time to heal (or in some cases, don't ever seem to) and for the longest time, I felt so helpless to it. I'm never compelled to write a review but holy crap!!! I first used it on a mature cystic (with not much faith, I must mention) coupled together with unrelenting heat compress using a tea bag. In 2 hours, it shrunk by half and gradually it was flattened without any scar. Granted, there was discolouration but nothing severe. Yesterday I noticed a small bump and immediately turned to the buffering lotion. Within a day, it was brought to a head. I do have to point out that I used it more often than the instruction specified (once in 2 days) and it worked better with healing the infection and reducing the swelling. The spot was still pretty red but nothing concealer can't take care of! In terms of application, I found it pretty easy - shake the bottle and tilt the nozzle on your finger. I don't squeeze the bottle but just tap the nozzle on my finger tip so it releases an adequate amount for your spot. I have sensitive combination skin and my skin isn't irritated by the product although the spot may occasionally peel.

To Read all 262 Reviews, Login or Join

on 6/14/2016 1:21:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I have oily to combination skin that flares up off and on. I bought this over 10 days ago and absolutely loving it. I use it over my serum and under the moisturizer every time I feel a bump coming on. Presto...one hour and it calms down.

Ofcourse it has negative reviews on beautypedia because of its alchohal content but would you rather have a large cystic pimple that leaves a huge scar?

That was me before this. I try to stay away from alchohal and bought this our of sheer desparation since I got cystic pus filled pimples but it us a miracle worker.

The price is great. Only the packaging sucks. Wouldnt use it all over the face though...just areas you feel are troubled.

Edit after a month. So I got this really large cystice pimple on my cheek where I never get them. Buffering lotion day and night but didnt work and the pimple never came to a head. Just a large blackish unsightly scar. Much as I have a love hate relationship with Paula Begoun I used her 2% bha gel and that seems to the only thing that works.

Summary: Works on smallish cystic acne but not for the whoppers.

You are better off using the 2% bha.

Also for normal pimples...very impressed with the drying lotion. Its truly a miracle product.

on 5/13/2016 2:43:00 PM

I had great skin up until I was in my late twenties. I lost a bunch of weight, began exercising regularly, and then my hormones went haywire to the point of not being able to be on birth control because my blood pressure decided to morph into that of a 80 year old man on a diet of potato chips and whiskey. Oh, the irony.

And because having health issues wasn't enough, cue the hormonal breakouts all around my mouth and jaw, at the age of 30. And these weren't the reasonable zits that are there and gone in a few days, these were the ones that were painful, deep, and despite using all my willpower to *not* touch them, took weeks to disappear, only to reappear just in time for social events and date nights.

I know benzoyl peroxide has worked really well for lots of people, but one tiny amount rubbed into my skin gave me a rash after a single use, and nothing slays your self confidence faster than a rash ON TOP OF your breakouts. Salicylic acid sort of worked for me, but it took a long time and was hit or miss in terms of really taking care of them.

A friend of mine mentioned that she had tried Mario Badescu products and it had pretty much negated her acne. His products seem to be mostly zinc based, so I decided I had nothing to lose and I purchased the acne kit which comes with the small versions of the buffering lotion, the drying lotion, and the drying cream.

I use the buffering lotion a few times a week, after cleansing and before I go to bed. It's very watery in texture, and smells strongly of alcohol (the only negative, imo). Sediment settles on the bottom, so I give it a good shake before I use it, and rub a very thin layer into the areas of my skin that are problematic. And that's it. And even with the travel sizes, I think this stuff might last all year.

You know that terror of looking in the mirror when you get up in the morning, because you know that something awful has probably spawned on your face in the night? Yeah, that fear is gone. This stuff works. I've been using this mostly in conjunction with the drying cream, and my skin hasn't looked this clear of acne in years!!! Give it a shot.

on 5/2/2016 10:27:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

ITS MAGIC!
Here's the run down:
Went on Birth Control in conjunction with dealing with cystic acne caused by the Luna Night Oil by Sunday Riley...

I basically had cystic acne breakout blemishes that stayed and wouldn't go away for weeks. 3 weeks.

I tried everything. Tea Tree Oil. Dettol. Vicks (that's a thing and it sorta works but burns). Aloe Vera. Every thing you can think of.... I tried.

So after weeks of reading Mario Badescu reviews I went ahead and bought it in store. In Toronto only Urban Outfitters and Delineation seem to seek it. And UO only has like 3 items from the brand.

I bought the Enzyme Cleanser and this buffering lotion and came home and used it right away. It said to use it at night but .... I was anxious and in need especially since the damn hormones seem to be giving me a new under the skin blemish EVERY DAY and it was starting to scar me all over.

So basically.
I washed my face with the cleanser - using a cotton pad until I get my Clarisonic Mia Fit. (Patiently waitinggggg)
And then toned with Body Shop's Tea Tree toner then applied the Buffering Lotion.

It stung a bit cause I picked a few and had been scrubbing them for days on end like a maniac.

I took a nap.
Woke up.
Went about the rest of my evenin'...

Cysts. Flat. Damn near gone!!

This is the best ever. I love it. It's great.
Buy it.
If you have stubborn hormonal cystic acne this is it. Trust I had been cleaning and treating those cysts for THREE WEEKS with little to no progress then this magical little serum comes and knocks me out of the park.
Who cares about price tag when it works! I mean it's less than $30 wayyyy less. So that's a deal.

BUY IT

on 4/26/2016 9:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

Excellent for shrinking cystic acne without irritation. Nice, silky texture. This really works and it's relatively inexpensive.

I used it way more than the bottle said to, but this shrunk a huge cyst in like 2 days. Definitely worth the money-just wish it wasn't so runny and messy. Also, it can be worn under makeup! So that's great. And even before the cyst shrunk it made it feel so much less painful. Great product.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

A good product for cystic acne or difficult acne.

on 12/8/2015 9:05:00 PM

Good for cystic acne. Doesn't dry me out at all. It definitely has a medicinal smell but the strong scent disappears in less than 10 seconds so don't worry about it.

This product is NOT a miracle worker overnight but it helps. It calms down redness, etc. The bottle says I should use it every other day but I use it everyday right now since I have acne problems.

I have sensitive, acne-prone skin, and this product was extremely drying and gave me an allergic reaction. After using it twice I developed an itchy rash all over my face. This also smells HORRIBLE, it has an intense alcohol smell. The package says to put this on your face using your hands, but it is in liquid form and I had to use a cotton pad to apply.