Mario Badescu Buffering Lotion

Mario Badescu Buffering Lotion

3.8

Ingredients: Isopropyl Alcohol,Propylene Glycol, Zinc Oxide, Hydrolyzed Yeast Protein,Glycerin, Niacinamide, Panthenol, Allantoin, Biotin,Isopropyl Myristate,Stearalkonium Hectorite,Pyridoxine HCl,Propylene Carbonate

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I've purchased this along with many others from MB countless times, and this is a must. I wear this every night and day. Under my sulfur treatment every morning, and under my makeup every morning. greatly reduces the pain of the cystic acne.

on 4/19/2017 7:02:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I've only been using this for 3-4 months, but can't imagine being without it in future. Initially, I really disliked the runny texture and thought it was awkward to apply, however, now that I've got the hang of it, it's easy to apply, though it does take some getting used to. I get very isolated hormonal breakouts and this has helped clear them very, very fast. Usually within two days, any blemish I develop is starting to go away which is remarkable. This is a wonderful and effective product that I hope will be around for a long time. I recommend this to anyone with hormonal breakouts.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This stuff works wonders! I have tried the Mario drying lotion(the stuff with the pink residue at the bottom) but this stuff works better. It works great on all kinds of pimples, but the best use for me is on cystic pimples(underground pimples). Normally those buggers won't go away for weeks, but with this stuff they go away in a matter of days! Really is amazing. The only thing is it's kind of hard to apply, [shake product well!] you have to drop a bit of the product on your finger(the product is runny so that's what makes it hard) and then dot it on the problem pimple. If you have a light skin tone like me you could get away with using it during the day if need be, but using it just at night still make a huge difference. It is drying, so you might have a dry patch where the pimple used to be, but for me I'd much rather have a small dry patch than an angry red inflamed pimple!

Holy grail.

Two weeks before a big event and my skin is freaking OUT. Probably bc I skipped the placebo week for my birth control to delay my period.

I'm getting horrible monstrous zits. I never wear more than a little concealer and suddenly I'm dreading leaving the house without foundation.

This stuff was in my dresser and I hadn't used it in an eternity. I've probably recommended it to friends a dozen times.

I pared my routine down to the Mad Hippie Vitamin A Serum, Timeless Skin Care CE Ferulic Serum, CeraVe PM, the Neutrogena blue light mask and the Pixi Glow Tonic. Which has calmed things down considerably.

But this is the final step to eradicating those really vicious suckers. I use a cotton pad and apply it like toner to the affected areas, and it's flattening the cysts SO much.

I am so relieved and highly recommend this.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I'm a lifetime sufferer of chronic, cystic acne. I've done everything from prescription topical to a 3 year stint on Doxycycline. The only avenue I haven't explored is Accutane because I'm 36 and tired of the costs and health problems those medications cause.

I've used it all. My acne was so severe once that it had infected my whole body, requiring a Vancomycin IV drip for 2 weeks in the hospital and then had to stay on Doxycycline for 3 years until it caused a severe Gastric Ulcer! After that.... I had to stick to trying topical to manage it and nothing has truly helped.

I started a horrible breakout this Fall of 2016 that I treated nonstop with every method you can imagine. Charcoal & Sea Salt masks, drying lotions, acne "dots", scrubs, and even 20% Salicylic Acid Peels. Nothing helped and the cysts grew and repopulated. I had actually started wearing band-aid because covering them was impossible.

Then I found the Mario B .Buffering Lotion 2 weeks ago. I figured "why not" and bought it. After months of inflammation and cysts.... and hundreds of $$$$ in products...this Buffering lotion for $19 cleared huge, throbbing cysts 75% smaller in 3 days... THREE days! It's a little drying and very watery. But I rubbed it in 2x per day on clean skin and its absorbed in seconds and leaves no residue. I drop it on and rub into affected areas with my fingers first and then take a slim sterile gauze and apply a few drops and really press in. I can apply make up right over it if you wait a few minutes to let it really soak in.

After 25 years of this nightmare... I can eliminate a breakout of 10 cysts down to nubs in 3 days and completely eliminate in 5 to 7 days. It's a freaking MIRACLE at $19 and I only wish I'd have had it sooner. It's the blast of power any breakout at any age needs. I'm blown away. It's literally the most effective acne product anywhere on the market. You have nothing to lose by trying this if you're tired of wasting money and time on expensive kits and doctors that don't really help. This really does!

on 12/10/2016 8:54:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I'm giving this product a 5 star rating because it's the ONLY thing that actually helps with my cystic acne (CA) which I've been battling with for yearsss!

I experimented it on 3 CAs and it worked each time. First time, my CA disappeared without a trace (with no discolouration) after I applied the buffering lotion on it twice a day for 5 days. Second time I tried it on a CA which was threatening to emerge (I knew it coming because the skin was red and inflamed and painful). The inflammation went away after 3 applications. The third time I applied it on the CA which disappeared but returned with full rage the following month around my menstrual period. This time it actually softened the CA and pushed the white head to the surface so I could pop it easily, and after that the CA disappeared. The trick is to apply it on a CA, day & night, the moment you feel it emerging. Don't wait till the CA comes out in full force.

Another beauty of this product is that it's non-drying and absorbs very well. No sticky or tight feeling.

on 12/8/2016 7:55:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Wow this stuff really works! Normally I would use Retin-A if I have cystic acne, but in the winter it is too drying. So recently I bought this buffering lotion, and it shrunk down my acne within two days! It doesn't leave my skin flaky and it can be worn under make up. I just put a small amount in the palm of my hand and rub it into the inflamed areas, works great! The packaging however is quite inconvenient and messy. One bottle will last me at least 9 months and I will definitely repurchase when I run out.

on 12/5/2016 10:35:00 AM

I suffer from Cystic acne. Painful under the skin and they last for sometimes months. I have had many of these pimples leave me scars. Nothing worked to help them, aspirin paste, Apple Cider Vinegar, Neosporin, any and all over the counter pimple spot treatments, even prescription formulas. I have tried them all and everything. This stuff works miracles. It has lessen the recovery time and makes them go down fairly quickly and no more scaring. Wish I would have found this stuff sooner. I always keep this on hand.

on 11/17/2016 10:39:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

It's been a looong time since a product has impressed me this much!! I used to get a huge cystic pimple every month on my chin to welcome my period, for years. Since 3 months ago, when I started using this over the spot where the cyst is beggining to form, it just doesn't get to grow anymore. It just disappears. I wouldn't believe after reading this review as well :p but yeah. Miracle stuff.

on 11/5/2016 11:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

My whole life I've suffering from hormonal problems causing very oily skin, breakouts and subsequent hyperpigmentation. The worst part has been when I get cysts. Because nothing helps with them. No amount of topical antibiotics, benzoyl peroxide, salicylic acid, sulfur, lotions, creams, masks, potions.... no amount of anything helps. I've had to miss weddings, birthdays, holidays if huge cysts developed in visible facial areas. The only thing that ever helped was taking antibiotics internally. But I would not do that long-term for skin problems. It would just happen that if I had some other infection and I was taking antibiotics, my face would also clear up.
Fast forward to the present. For the past 2 weeks I've had a cluster of cysts above my eyebrows. It looks bad, and of course embarrassing. On a whim I went out and purchased Mario Badescu's drying lotion. But as I was plastering it all over the cysts I could feel that it was not something that would penetrate them or do anything in my case. So I started reading reviews of it on amazon, perhaps to give myself hope that if it worked for others it might work for me. But one of the reviewers wrote that the drying lotion is made for whiteheads, while the buffering lotion is made for deep internal cysts. Right away, I scrubbed off the pink stuff, plastered my poor cysts with four layers of makeup, and keeping my head low, so as not to have everyone stare at my disfigured face, drove myself to Ulta and promptly exchanged the pink drying lotion for this one. Came home, put a few drops of it on my cysts and went to sleep. By morning, all but one were flat and no longer cysts. The inflammation subsided, as if the air was sucked out of a balloon. I'm still working on the remaining cyst. I'll see if eventually it will respond to this lotion. But so far it's good enough for me. It's actually quiet miraculous. Other treatments would appear to calm it down, only to have the inflammation be back by morning. But this one actually took it away for good. I don't know what the magic ingredient is that's doing this. Or if it's a synergy of all of the ingredients. But I'm grateful and I hope it works on other cysts now and in the future. Because nothing topical ever works on them.