Neutrogena Alcohol-Free Toner

Neutrogena Alcohol-Free Toner

3.6

Purified Water, PEG-4, Butylene Glycol, Polysorbate 20, Ceteth-24, Choleth-24, Panthenol, Glyereth-26, Sodium PCA, Benzalkonium Chloride, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Chloride, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance.

on 5/6/2016 1:49:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

It's a bit sticky, which is horrible, but it smells like coconutty sunscreen and it doesn't break me out but there's nothing special about it.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

This is an okay toner. It doesn't contain alcohol, as the name very clearly reminds customers! It removes most of the residue on the skin after cleansing, and doesn't irritate my sensitive patches further. The price is great! However, the dispensing mouth is a bit weird and before you upturn the bottle, the toner starts to drip out the sides. Maybe the hole could be made slightly smaller so less product can be wasted! I will purchase this toner again if I don't find a better one, as it works alright.

To Read all 360 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

For the record, I don't think that anyone should use a toner that has alcohol in it, even if their skin is oily. It's counter intuitive, but oil cuts oil, whereas oily skin responds to alcohol by pumping out more oil, so it's a never ending vicious cycle for those who battle oily skin and/or acne.

With that being said, even though I do like this product, I wouldn't repurchase it because I don't think it does anything that witch hazel doesn't do, and for a fraction of the price. I'm not one of those people who dislikes buying products (God knows I love to shop), but Dickinson's witch hazel is the best toner I've ever used and is only a few bucks for a very large bottle.

Another teensy gripe I have about this product is the bottle: it's designed so that when you tip it, quite a bit comes out. This isn't a big deal, but it does waste a lot of product. If Neutrogena made the hole smaller, then we could squeeze out the amount we want, making the product last longer. Maybe they do that on purpose, who knows. I don't put anything past major corporations, but either way, I find it hard to believe that they're completely unaware of this problem.

Feels fresh and great! good smell too

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

Simple, alcohol-free toner that gets the job done. Nothing more, nothing less. I will continue to buy it as it is one of the few alcohol-free options out there, and it is currently my standard toner. It is pretty moisturizing, and I find that I don't have to apply moisturizer after using this, which is definitely a bonus. I wish there was an alcohol-free variety that contained salicylic acid as well for the breakout-prone times.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I use this toner in the morning and it is a wonderful hydrating toner that is refreshing for the morning. Refines the pores and enables the skin to bind and hold on to the more hydrating serums and oils and moisturizers that follow in my routine (Origin's Original Skin Serum, Josie Maran's Argan Oil, and Bareminerals Purely Nourishing Moisturizer- soon to be discontinued) , and it does wonders. A basic product but gentle and effective and so refreshing. For reference I have dry/dehydrated skin but that is somewhat prone to breakouts when a product disagrees with it and hormonally. but this is such a good prep step. Or a refreshing morning "cleanse" when my skin is feeling exceptionally dry and can't stand cleansing in morning. Would recommend and repurchase. My Mom who has mature yet oily skin also loves this and has for years.

on 9/24/2015 2:38:00 AM

I bought this when my Michael Todd toner was running low (I am in Australia and it will take a while for Michael Todd to ship my goods to me!).

The toner wasn't bad but it just doesn't really do anything for my skin which is why I gave it 3 lippies. It doesn't irritate my skin so that's always good :)

on 6/15/2015 3:56:00 PM

It works for other people but I got bad itchy rash from using this.

on 6/11/2015 6:02:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I love toners that don't contain alcohol and this one is gentle and doesn't dry out my skin or leave it red afterwards. It removes a little of what my cleanser might leave behind, has a pleasant odor and nice to use. I however don't really think it is anything extra special. Its just a nice basic toner that happens to be one of the few alcohol free ones.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

I have oily skin and this really increased it....BAD
I tried to allow my skin some time to get used to this but it just continued to worsen.