Neutrogena Alcohol-Free Toner

Neutrogena Alcohol-Free Toner

3.6

Purified Water, PEG-4, Butylene Glycol, Polysorbate 20, Ceteth-24, Choleth-24, Panthenol, Glyereth-26, Sodium PCA, Benzalkonium Chloride, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Chloride, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this toner because I needed a new one and without looking at the ingredients. I noticed it was alcohol free so I didn't think it would dry out my skin. After using it once I noticed the smell which I personally thought was a pleasant scent but I immediately knew it had fragrance in it. Which has alcohol. I looked on the back and sure enough it had fragrance. I also noticed it had a paraben in it.... it doesn't say paraben free but really.. I'm just tired of products containing things companies know are bad for the skin. I noticed my skin turned lightly red and it slightly burned. I used it one more time and my face still felt irritated by it. I will be throwing the rest away but recycling the bottle. Extremely disappointed.

on 5/17/2018 10:09:00 PM

Broke my skin out. At first I thought the patches of pimples were because it was my time of the month, but then I realized... I never break out with itchy pimples all over chin and cheeks during my period... Would not recommend.

on 3/4/2018 12:15:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

It did not help or improve anything on my face. Just a watery thing that helps to recheck and prep the skin. It did not strip off the natural skin moisture. It hasn't wowed my anything. It's just very so so.

My skin getting worst.mybe it works with dff skin.

on 11/4/2017 2:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I never liked this toner until I figured out how to use this in the best way for my facial routine. Before, I didn't like this much because I ddin't understand its purpose and what it did for my skin. I also didn't like that it made my skin feel dry afterwards.

However, now, I use this immediately after I cleanse my face in the evenings. I would dry my face, and then immediately use this toner with a cotton pad to further clean my skin of any remaining traces of makeup. It works really well for that purpose, and once I'm done, I would immediately start my face routine even while it is still damp from using the toner. I think that's key in avoiding your skin drying out - pack on the serums and moisturizers as soon as you can.

[1]

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

My sensitive skin hated this. I don't know the exact culprit, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was the fragrance, which is a generic floral. I applied it like you would any other toner, got results on par with the witch hazel I had been using beforehand, applied moisturizer, and went my merry way. Then maybe five minutes later that telltale heated tingling of a skin reaction started. Uh oh. I couldn't get to the bathroom fast enough. My face was inflamed, my already enlarged pores particularly crater like, and the worst affected spot on my right temple was red. My face is so sore and hot right now. Not risking another attempt; it's going back to Walmart pronto come tomorrow morning. The witch hazel may have alcohol, but it never so much as stung. It'll do until I can find a better alternative.

on 5/6/2016 1:49:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

It's a bit sticky, which is horrible, but it smells like coconutty sunscreen and it doesn't break me out but there's nothing special about it.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

This is an okay toner. It doesn't contain alcohol, as the name very clearly reminds customers! It removes most of the residue on the skin after cleansing, and doesn't irritate my sensitive patches further. The price is great! However, the dispensing mouth is a bit weird and before you upturn the bottle, the toner starts to drip out the sides. Maybe the hole could be made slightly smaller so less product can be wasted! I will purchase this toner again if I don't find a better one, as it works alright.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

For the record, I don't think that anyone should use a toner that has alcohol in it, even if their skin is oily. It's counter intuitive, but oil cuts oil, whereas oily skin responds to alcohol by pumping out more oil, so it's a never ending vicious cycle for those who battle oily skin and/or acne.

With that being said, even though I do like this product, I wouldn't repurchase it because I don't think it does anything that witch hazel doesn't do, and for a fraction of the price. I'm not one of those people who dislikes buying products (God knows I love to shop), but Dickinson's witch hazel is the best toner I've ever used and is only a few bucks for a very large bottle.

Another teensy gripe I have about this product is the bottle: it's designed so that when you tip it, quite a bit comes out. This isn't a big deal, but it does waste a lot of product. If Neutrogena made the hole smaller, then we could squeeze out the amount we want, making the product last longer. Maybe they do that on purpose, who knows. I don't put anything past major corporations, but either way, I find it hard to believe that they're completely unaware of this problem.

Feels fresh and great! good smell too