3.6

$8.49 on Ulta Beauty
Shop Now

Reviews

10 months ago

First of all I will discuss how this works properly. Use a low-Foaming cleanser such as one made by Cetaphil, Clinique, Vanicream, Cerave, etc. Next, pat your skin and immediately apply this toner on a cotton pad and then moisturize with a lotion or cream. The ones I love are Clinique Moisturizing Cream, it’s yellow and in a jar, it’s only meant for powder makeup users bc it will come off with foundation or pill. Eucerin Calming Cream in a tube is great, very soothing and light-weight. Nuetrogena oil-free lotion for sensitive skin is great, if your skin is more normal and not dry. Also if you are a makeup wearer this one sits well under powder or foundation. Even Cerave in a tub for dry skin ones are great. All the products I mentioned are gentle and effective. Next, how this performs. I think this is great if you’re someone who wears makeup. Why? It causes a smoother application. It keeps skin shedding at a proper rate, it is a mild exfoliant, and it’s at a ph that is suitable for sensitive skin and ones who aren’t tolerable or compatible with acid toners. It’s at 4.5, so it does the job with zero irritation. This is awesome for young teenagers and even adults. This will keep your skin clear. This is not a drying or harsh product. It’s not astringent which is great for dry skin people too. All this does is exfoliates minimally and keeps your skin in check. I do like this product a lot. Use this at night after your shower. I wouldn’t use this again in the morning. Once a night exfoliation is enough. Too much can strip the barrier. So keep it light. I also don’t recommend using this alone without cleanser bc that can cause contact dermatitis or hives. It leaves a little residue that can cause problems if you don’t CLEANSE first. This is key! I don’t know how people just use this in the morning and follow up with moisturizer. That’s a big no no for rosacea people or allergy-prone people. Overall, this will clear your skin up and keep acne away. My skin is very smooth bc of this. If you find your skin gets red, however, with usage then don’t use it. Some people can’t handle even the gentlest exfoliation. Their barrier is of a baby’s. They need gentle products in the range of 5.5 to 7. Baby-approved. Things like aveeno. It’s true. And that’s the way it is. I find my skin loves products that are mild and non-acidic. Too alkaline and there’s problems and too acidic in th 3 range causes dryness as well. Just be careful. Packaging: awesome. Pricing awesome. You can find this in Walgreens, Walmart, etc. Nuetrogena nailed it with this one. That’s why it’s been around so long. Also, it’s alcohol-free which is a bonus. And witch hazel is left out. All drying ingredients to avoid. This also has zero sal. Acid which is great for sensitive skin and baby-like skin. Sal. Acid is a great ingredient but prolonged contact is an issue for many, not all. Depends on how thin your skin is, etc. anyway, I rate this very well. Nuetrogena should get rid of the fragrance, however. That can cause mild redness for a little. Plus it stinks. I’m not a fan of it. It gives a hot sensation. Will it cause breakouts? It did anything but that. It really does give you a clear complexion due to it being mildly acidic.

About reviewer (32 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

2 years ago

This stuff right here...is AMAZING! It makes your skin feel so seamless and poreless, but doesn't dry you out. Would definitely buy again!

About reviewer (12 reviews)

SkinCombination, Dark

HairOther

2 years ago

So... this is like the most basic, agreeable toner for the general population. It's pretty cheap, they give you a huge portion, and it cleans your skin while not hurting it with alcohol or other weird stuff. This product is solid as second step to prep your skin for serums, and to get rid of any dirt your cleanser missed. However, my one gripe is I don't feel it has proper ingredients that CONTRIBUTE to anti aging or replenishing. Therefore, I'd rather use a toner that might cost a little more but helps and works in conjunction w/serums and moisturizers.

About reviewer (52 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBlack

1.0

2 years ago

I bought this toner because I needed a new one and without looking at the ingredients. I noticed it was alcohol free so I didn't think it would dry out my skin. After using it once I noticed the smell which I personally thought was a pleasant scent but I immediately knew it had fragrance in it. Which has alcohol. I looked on the back and sure enough it had fragrance. I also noticed it had a paraben in it.... it doesn't say paraben free but really.. I'm just tired of products containing things companies know are bad for the skin. I noticed my skin turned lightly red and it slightly burned. I used it one more time and my face still felt irritated by it. I will be throwing the rest away but recycling the bottle. Extremely disappointed.

SkinSensitive, Medium

HairBrown

2.0

2 years ago

Broke my skin out. At first I thought the patches of pimples were because it was my time of the month, but then I realized... I never break out with itchy pimples all over chin and cheeks during my period... Would not recommend.

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

3.0

2 years ago

It did not help or improve anything on my face. Just a watery thing that helps to recheck and prep the skin. It did not strip off the natural skin moisture. It hasn't wowed my anything. It's just very so so.

About reviewer (9 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Tan, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

EyesBlack

2.0

2 years ago

My skin getting worst.mybe it works with dff skin.

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBlack

from

2 years ago

I never liked this toner until I figured out how to use this in the best way for my facial routine. Before, I didn't like this much because I ddin't understand its purpose and what it did for my skin. I also didn't like that it made my skin feel dry afterwards. However, now, I use this immediately after I cleanse my face in the evenings. I would dry my face, and then immediately use this toner with a cotton pad to further clean my skin of any remaining traces of makeup. It works really well for that purpose, and once I'm done, I would immediately start my face routine even while it is still damp from using the toner. I think that's key in avoiding your skin drying out - pack on the serums and moisturizers as soon as you can. [1]

About reviewer (69 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

1.0

3 years ago

My sensitive skin hated this. I don't know the exact culprit, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was the fragrance, which is a generic floral. I applied it like you would any other toner, got results on par with the witch hazel I had been using beforehand, applied moisturizer, and went my merry way. Then maybe five minutes later that telltale heated tingling of a skin reaction started. Uh oh. I couldn't get to the bathroom fast enough. My face was inflamed, my already enlarged pores particularly crater like, and the worst affected spot on my right temple was red. My face is so sore and hot right now. Not risking another attempt; it's going back to Walmart pronto come tomorrow morning. The witch hazel may have alcohol, but it never so much as stung. It'll do until I can find a better alternative.

About reviewer (103 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool

HairRed, Straight, Other

EyesGreen

4 years ago

It's a bit sticky, which is horrible, but it smells like coconutty sunscreen and it doesn't break me out but there's nothing special about it.

About reviewer (24 reviews)

AgeUnder 18