no images

package quality

price range

Reviews

6 years ago

I just saw Tova on QVC last weekend after a long absence and as i watched her I started looking on eBay for her fragrances. I bought her signature fragrance years ago on eBay and it was the original which I wore often. When I ran out of it I never repurchased and went on to other brands. Seeing Tova made me want to try her reformulated signature again so I bought a 1 ounce for under $15.00. As I am writing this I am once again enjoying "Tova" and don't see much diference from the original, maybe the strength which is somewhat lighter. I am glad I repurchased it.

About reviewer (83 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinCombination, Other

EyesHazel

11 years ago

The last bottle of Tova I ordered was obviously one of the several "do-overs" that QVC tried passing off as the original. It's been several years since I'd last ordered it, but I ordered the Signature and Summer duo just to see if it was any better. It wasn't. The Summer smelled pretty to begin with, but was completely gone in less than 15 mins. The Tova Signature only smells like a ghost of its former self. It smells flat, as if there's something missing, but you just can't put your finger on exactly what it is. Of course, we all know it's because QVC did what most perfume makers are now doing and putting in less expensive and synthetic ingredients trying to pass them off as originals. According to QVC's website, Tova Platinum is "supposed" to be going back to the original, but better. I admit I've pre-ordered several bottles just on the off chance they're actually telling the truth this time. If they aren't, this is one person who won't be fooled into buying yet another imposter the next time Tova swears that this "new" version is the same as the original. Shame on QVC and Tova for trying to pass off this garbage as the original and for saying that any change in the smell is all in the minds of the detractors because of the bottle change.

About reviewer (23 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium

12 years ago

I have a friend who works in the Borgnine home and she confirmed to me that the Tova Signature has been changed since QVC bought Tova. They are now using synthetic fragrance and much, much cheaper ingredients. Tova will not be changing the formula back to the original since she no longer owns this company. She made her money from QVC and has no say in any of it. Hopefully this will change. I used this fragrance for over 10yrs and it was the ONLY fragrance that did not give me a headache. Now when I put it on, I get a migraine. Why would anyone mess with such a wonderful fragrance that women all over the world loved? It's all about the $$$$.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium

EyesOther

12 years ago

I used Tova sig. for years until they recently changed it. It's not that bad but it dosen't smell like it used to. Always got lots of compliments and I now smell alot of bergamot in the top note. It is certainly missing something it once had. It's like a drier version. I still have an older bottle with the original frag. which I use sparingly cause once it's gone it's gone for good. I don't think we'll ever see the original again sad to say..:(( I have since moved on the other fragrances. I spray the newer Tova on my curtains now.

About reviewer (55 reviews)

HairBrunette

EyesHazel

12 years ago

I am reviewing the New TOVA signature summer fragrance. As many of you know there has been a change in formula of Tova and they ruined it! This new summer version smells like OFF bug spray. No lasting power at all. It is very floral compared to the original. It reminded me of Clinique Happy Heart which I never cared for. No one can get a straight answer on why they changed the beautiful original Tova formula & its a shame.

About reviewer (82 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Other, Other

12 years ago

I'm going to chime in my $ 43.80-worth along with rest of the naysayers. First off, I've been a Tova Signature user for 15 years. I'm sure my experience mirrors a bunch of other people's here - I caught a whiff of it on someone and was instantly hooked. Since then, it has been my HG fragrance. People have stopped me in the streets and in stores to ask what I'm wearing, my children identify me by that scent, and I've almost convinced myself that any success I've had as a teacher has been because my students have always told me they loved the way I smelled. Well, no longer. I bought a bottle last year and even got a message from QVC saying that some of the bottles had faulty formulas and could be exchanged. I complied, but I could not detect any change in the new, exchanged bottle...it was flat and lacking. I recently called QVC and even told them to read MUA's reviews regarding the difference in the scent formula. The rep told me that Tova had responded to these negative allegations and had since remedied the problem, going back to the old formula. After having purchased a bottle two weeks ago, I'm thinking that's rubbish. Somebody better send in McHale's Navy to clean out her nose.

About reviewer (23 reviews)

12 years ago

What on earth did QVC do with the quality of this fragrance. It smells like a copycat. NOT at all worth the $$ anymore. They should fix this. I am so upset, as this was a favorite of mine. I will add, the original version did go rancid quickly. SO both have their flaws. "TOVA GET IT TOGETHER!!!!"

About reviewer (129 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Other

HairBrunette

12 years ago

I've worn Tova Signature for over 15 years and I will not buy anymore until the fragrance goes back to what it was when I originally started wearing. My new purchases of her Signature perfume and lotion do not smell the same. The lotion is horrible so do not waste your money, there is absolutely no scent like Tova in it. I am finally glad to know that they have changed formulas. For years I have been complimented on my perfume but not anymore and I knew something had changed. Sadly I am in search of a new fragrance.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

12 years ago

I'm fortunate to live within 5 miles from QVC at Mall of America. Their Tova Signature tester confirmed what all of you know...it's not the same product. Citronella is prominently featured as an ingredient. It no longer has any musk scent to it which the original Tova Signature did in the 90's. Under the community forum on QVC, another former Tova user found China Musk as a replacement for our past favorite scent. It’s a trademark perfume oil many companies buy and then mix to make colognes, roll-on perfumes and lotions. I ordered the 2 oz spray cologne and received in 2 days from BeyondScents. Can also be found under ChinaMusk. You won't regret trying it!

About reviewer (5 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinNormal

EyesGreen

12 years ago

Ugh. I agree with the bug spray comments when first applied. I will admit that after a few minutes the fragrance smells better, but I couldn't get past how odd this fragrance is, and could never decide whether I liked it. Overall, I was disappointed.

About reviewer (6 reviews)