3.8

price range

Reviews

2.0

7 months ago

I wouldn’t call this soap exactly gentle. It definitely leaves your skin feeling stripped and a bit too squeaky-clean, so it’s a no-go for those with dry skin. In addition, it contains fragrance, which isn’t the best for sensitive skin. In the positives column, you do get an unusually big bar for pretty cheap, and it definitely has no problem removing anything that’s on your face (makeup, sunscreen, etc.)

About reviewer (62 reviews)

SkinVery Dry, Fair

HairBlond

3.0

5 years ago

After a week of using this product I don't think I'll be repurchasing this. The only thing I do like about it is that it kept my face pretty clear. I didn't like the smell I couldn't stand it. The bar was too big and slippery that it just kept falling out of my hands. It left my face like a squeaky clean feeling a little tight but not so much. This and along with the moisturizer that goes with this I will no longer buy. The only product I like from the line is the cleanser and I think I will just stick to that from now on.

About reviewer (37 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

from

6 years ago

I looove this soap. I have really bad dermatitis on my face. I wash my face with this soap and then spritz my face with 1/4 glycerin to 3/4 water while the soap is still on my face. I then rub both products in together and rinse with cold water. I don't have to use a moisturizer (they all make the dermatitis worse) thanks to the glycerine . The soap has cleared up my dermatitis and heals any blemishes I have been getting. It is all I use on my face and body. Give this a try if you are looking for something sensitive to treat your skin. It is very drying without the glycerine added.

About reviewer (12 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinAcne-prone, Fair

HairBlond

EyesHazel

6 years ago

Removes all traces of makeup and great for acne-prone skin.

About reviewer (9 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinAcne-prone, Olive

HairBlack

EyesBlack

7 years ago

Ok so my acne is classified as sever I'm that kid in high school known for their bad acne! I'm skin is very sensitive I mean moisturizers irritate me too!!!! My skin is very oily cheeks included yet I got my moms eczema and dehydrated sensitive skin too! So everything irritates my skin and doesn't remove my. Oils/dirt/dead skin/impurities/acne or eczema I mean I look awful!!!!! Like imagine sever dry patchy flakey super red skin with sever static acne with white and black heads mixed with very oily skin!!!!! NOTHING has worked but one day I saw this and read all the info I did my research on it and decided to try it!!!!!!!!!! I expected a dry feeling but for the first time my skin wasn't striped yet my skin felt deep cleaned!!!!! After about a week all that remained was scars(they were lighter) my skin balanced over night from dry sensitive very oily acne prone to normal glowing skin! By two weeks scars were faded and my skin was bright balanced 110% clear no joke no scars just beautiful skin! My. Skin was so used to BP that it was so pale now I have my tan back! Anyways I usually hate bars cuz they are harsh on skin and coverd with bacteria but the bar drys quickly to prevent bacteria growth it's PH balanced and just geat it's cheap (3$) I used to buy big brands (dermalogica proactive purity) so my wallet is relived too! It's derm and doc recommended its made for all skin types and I mean ALL it's good if your old or young wrinkles eczema pimples or just dull skin anything!!! It's amazing years of skin problems all gone b4 spring break was over!!!! When I went back to school my friends were shocked!!!!! I'm the kid everyone askes how they have clear skin now :p

About reviewer (5 reviews)

SkinVery Oily, Tan

HairBrown

EyesOther

8 years ago

This is a very gentle cleanser. My grandma has used this cleanser for a long time and got me into using it. I use it when I have to wash my face in the midday to get rid of excess oil. It does not over dry or leave any residue on the skin. I have oily, acne-prone skin and it has not caused me to breakout of any kind. Also, do not get any into your eyes. It will sting!

About reviewer (7 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinOily, Medium, Not Sure

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

8 years ago

I love this bar soap. The first week my face did become dry but after my skin adjusted it was just fine.In my dryer areas I would still get slightly dry but nothing a little moisturizer couldn't take care of. It doesn't irritate my skin or cause any breakouts. I actually thinks it prevents breakouts although, its not an acne wash its gentle and non-irritating thus preventing the skin from reacting and eventually causing breakouts. I believe less is more sometimes, especially for the skin. My skin looks much better now. This product is also highly recommended by dermatologists.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinCombination, Tan

HairBlack

3.0

8 years ago

When I first bought this bar I was extremely excited after reading some good reviews on acne.org. I used it the first week and didn't have any breakouts at all...so, I thought it did a good job of preventing acne. But, a couple weeks later my skin was back to it's normal self and I got a few breakouts as usual. I'm not sure if this bar is ideal for acne prone skin even though it doesn't aggravate acne (it does barely anything to prevent it either) But, if you just want to use a simple bar to cleanse your face (especially sensitive skin types) then this might be for you.

About reviewer (12 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

EyesGreen

9 years ago

I have fair, slightly dry, somewhat sensitive skin and was experiencing a few rough dry patches on my face as well as occasional pimples. Nothing major, but with my wedding coming up, I wanted my face to look its best. A friend of mine recommended this bar and I have to say it's the best cleanser I've ever used, including expensive department store brands. I was afraid that since it is a bar soap it would be drying, but I haven't had any problems. It is SO cheap, too. I've been using a bar I bought for less than $4 for 4 months now and it's not even halfway gone. This stuff is brilliant. Best of all my skin looked great for my wedding. (I don't mean to brag--I just want everyone to give this soap a try!)

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

2.0

9 years ago

A friend of mine uses Purpose products, mainly the liquid facewash, on recommendation of her dermatologist. She gets breakouts like I do, actually I think she may have been worse than me. So I started using the liquid soap to replace Cetephil because it wasn't cleaning my face...like, my face never felt clean. Well the liquid Purpose left me feeling the same way I felt with the Cetephil. I was a bit bummed. Not sure why, I decided to try this bar. It has been 2 weeks of using it & it feels like it cleans my face. My skin feels no different, I have acne prone combo skin (not sure what my profile says right now I may need to update it) & this doesn't seem to irritate my skin, leaves it feeling clean & I am not breaking out because of it. I am also not a big fan of the bar soaps, but I know (like with many other things cough *dish sponge* cough) as long as I let it dry completely bacteria will not grow, & this soap does dry fast & completely. I am very happy with it. I personally like the smell, it reminds me of my hippie aunt's all natural soap I like that I cannot use because I had an allergic reaction to it. EDIT: after using this product for a few weeks, I broke out terribly and my skin became dry. I still may recommend it for oily skin, but my skin is not as oily as it was a couple years ago. I will not repurchase, it seems to really irritate my skin.

About reviewer (133 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool