4.5

package quality

price range

Reviews

a year ago

Best primer ever. I don't know what it doesn't get more love. My skin is normal/combo with some dry patches. I've been using it for more than 8 years, always come back to it. Feels so good on my skin **now "mature" skin, ahahaha** and makes my skin and makeup feel and look so good. I usually have my makeup for about 10 hours or so a day and it stills looks great when I take it off in the evenings. It doesn't smells horribly or sits on top of the skin. More than satisfied with it. Love it.

About reviewer (70 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

5 years ago

By far the best primer I've tried. I have very dry skin, and this primer absorbs well but provides the perfect makeup base. Definitely notice foundation lasting a lot longer. Have tried other new ones on the marekt but always come back to this. Sadly Borghese is not available in the UK, so I'm having to rely on amazon.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

8 years ago

Okay, I have tried this with a couple of different foundations, and this beats any primer i have tried so far. It goes on sticky and then dries smoothly. Makes my foundation look better and last longer. Much better than shiseido makeup base, which i have used for years. LOVE IT.

About reviewer (119 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinOily, Fair

9 years ago

This primer smooths the dry patches on your face. Foundation slides easily. It makes my foundation last whole day. It prevents foundation from oxidisation. It doesn't add any color. Totally transparent. It works much better than Mac Prep prime skin base and Givenchy acti mine. It gives me everything that I want from a make up base. And best of all you will need less foundation with this primer. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

About reviewer (19 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

10 years ago

This is a good primer, received it in a kit. It moisturized my winter parched skin really well and its very very soothing. It also smoothed out my makeup, my pores look good. I hate the price, so I dont know if I want to buy it unless its a treat. I can see how other like it good because it actually helps keep the makeup on which it is suppose to do as a primer. Good stuff! if you can afford it.

About reviewer (1387 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinVery Oily, Tan, Warm

HairBrown, Other, Other

love love love

About reviewer (27 reviews)

SkinNormal, Dark

12 years ago

Love it! Only downside is that I wish it wasn't purple as it tends to leave a little bit of a tint behind. Apart from that, Make Up stays on forever, skin looks good etc.. even with my oily skin!

About reviewer (28 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinOther, Fair

EyesBlue

12 years ago

I cannot believe that after all the raving I have done about Borghese Prima Viso, and recommending it to women with dry skin who want a good primer, that I have not written a review yet! So here goes. I discovered Prima Viso at the local Dillards quite by accident as I was looking at the display. The SA showed me on my hand how silky smooth it was, and I bought it. I have always used Smashbox primer, ever since that product was launched, and had found that in recent years with my skin becoming dry, that the Smashbox was a bit too drying on me. Prima Viso solves that problem and still gives the smoothing, pore-hiding effect of Smashbox but without the drying effect. Prima Viso comes in a tube that you squeeze to dispense product. You can control the amount you need, and you don't need much more than the size of a pea to prep your face for foundation. I let the Prima Viso dry while I do my eye makeup. Foundation goes on smoothly and evenly. Prima Viso keeps foundation from sinking into lines and pores, and it feels comfortable. Foundation does not change color or become cakey or clumpy, either. If you are a person with dry skin, or combo-dry, and you want a primer that doesn't dry out your skin, this little gem from Borghese could be the answer. For reference, I am 57 yrs old with mostly dry skin, which gets drier in the cold weather. In Summer I do get a bit of oiliness in the t-zone but Borghese still works well for me and does not make my face oily. It does not change a foundation into a matte look, and it does not make a foundation look greasy. It will keep the finish of your foundation true to what it supposed to be. I've used it under every foundation I have, even powder. It is silicone-based. Does not add any color to the face, either. HG primer for me!!

About reviewer (280 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinDry, Fair-Medium

HairBlack

13 years ago

I tried this on a rave review from CaveWoman (*waves!*). I was searching for a good primer that doesn't end up looking weird or dry me out (I had a bad experience with Smashbox - too drying for my skin). This stuff is great! It takes the teeniest dab (a mistake I made the first time I used it - squirting a nickel sized drop onto my fingers and realize I could prime not only my face, but my neck and decolletage as well, and possibly further down!) It has a very smooth, silky feel and dries quickly. It doesn't feel greasy, but gives a nice, dewy glowy effect. Also, this made everything stay all day - from leaving my house by 8:45 am to go to work for eight hours, then drive 45 min to sit in a three hour long class. Best of all is that it hasn't broken me out or irritated my skin. Also nice is the price! Some of Borghese's products are a bit higher that I think that they should be, but for the size of this, it's a very good value (IMHO)

About reviewer (17 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

14 years ago

I received a 1 oz tube of this in a goody bag yesterday at a makeup show and just tried it today. I have sensitive, oily skin, and this kept my face from looking shiny for the entire day! I only needed a tiny bit to cover my entire face, so I think my tube will last a long time. I think I'll probably wind up buying this product once I run out of my sample tube.

About reviewer (176 reviews)

SkinOily