L'Oreal Shine Delice Lipstick in Violet Delight

4.4

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

The PERFECT muted grape. Moisturizing with the tiniest hint of shimmer. The only trouble I have with this line is that the lipstick has absolutely no staying power.

Being a fan of purple-toned makeup, this was one of my favourite lipsticks before it was discontinued :( ... a sheer, slightly shimmery, flattering violet shade which is especially nice to wear during autumn/winter. I wish L'Oreal would have kept these lippies instead of introducing that horrid Endless range. UGH!

Of course, I start liking something in the process of it being discontinued. I've fallen in love with the L'Oreal Shine Delice lipsticks. They're sheer, glossy, and feel great on the lips. Plus, I love the smell.
Violet delight is a fairly deep, berry violet color w/ hints of redbrown tones. Not too grapey, it's a nice, subtley purple lip look, although it is fairly dark. continued >>

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I'm so sad that just as I "discovered" this lipstick, it's being discontinued. I got this for $2.20 or so each at Walgreens, in Violet Delight, Grape Juice and Coffee Blast. I love all three colors. Of the three, Violet Delight is the darkest, but it's not really dark so much as YLBB (if you have moderately to strongly pigmented lips). Grape Juice is my fav of the three, though, because combined with my cool pink lips this creates a luscious, sex-kitten cool pinky-purple color. This color will probably get used up the fastest by me. Violet Delight is better for church, a dinner out w/ my hubby, or any time I'm around my parents (can't be a sex-kitten around them, can I? ;) ) and Coffee Blast I'll use when I'm going with mod dramatic eyes & nude everything else. The smell is yummy, but wears away fast, which is OK too. The feel is light and moist without being sticky or heavy or feeling like you've got gunk on your lips. The shine is of medium wattage -- not a ton, but not non-existant. Just fine with me. So, I'd suggest you go out and get Shine Delice in your colors for mega cheap while you still can because of them being discontinued, and maybe never coming back (boo-hoo!)!!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

nice color. I like its sheerness, and its price.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Sheer bliss... (pun intended)

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Don't be fooled by the dark color in the tube -- a true sheer that softens lips and lasts longer than expected. I am very fair and this color looks so natural with just a hint of shine.

I bought this (and a bunch of others in the same line) for $1.99. Many of the colors in this line are oddly similar, subtle and wearable. A lipstick line for lipstick haters, I guess. Sheer and unassuming. This particular color is my fave of the bunch, a nice berry color, excellent for when I'm not in the mood to make people notice I'm wearing lipstick. Lasts fairly long for a sheer too, actually. Smells ever so much better than the usual L'Oreal stench!

Violet Delight is my favorite shade in the entire Shine Delice lipstick line. It has the perfect amount of low shimmer and is the perfect medium shade of plummy violet.

Shine Delice lipsticks all have a sweet strawberry scent and a soft, glossy finish. The color is sheer and the colors are beautiful. I have this lipstick in five shades and love every one of them. The uniquely-shaped lipstick tube is also cute and easy to use. continued >>

I'm on my second 'Violet Delight' and I love it! I love the berry smell and moisturising qualities of this lippie. And the colour is gorgeous.

A pink/violet colour that's not too strong or bright, but just relatively natural and feminine, and suits my MMM complexion, dark brown hair & eyes.

LOVE IT!