Lancome Absolue Eye

Lancome Absolue Eye

2.3

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This is awful stuff. I thought that I had some before and I liked it so I got a set that included a small sample jar. It starting stinging a bit, but I thought maybe its working..... One day I put some on and right away it started burning. It felt like a chemical burn. My eyes were red and puffy where I put it on. I couldn't put anything on top of it to soothe it (even aloe).

It made my lines, which weren't that bad, angry and inflamed. It looks like I have fault lines in my face. The skin around it is nice and puffed up, providing a contrast and making the lines look even worse. This stuff should be taken off the market.

on 9/5/2013 9:06:00 PM

I received this product as part of sample in one of the gift kits, and honestly I really loved it. Reading these reviews I'm surprised they're so terrible. My tiny little pot has lasted me about 6 months and I'm still working on it. I'm in my 20's, so I'm not particularly concerned about fine lines, (although I have found after 6 months that my eye area appears more "rejuvenated") I really care the most about keeping my eye area hydrated, which this product did for me. Many other products I've purchased I've found stung and I woke up the next day with poofy red eyes, but waking up the next morning with this and my eye area feels smooth. I like that! I'm giving it an overall of 5 lippies because it's been the best eye cream I've ever used, but honestly I'll never shell out the $105 for the huge pot. I'm hoping I can score another one before my pot runs out... but if not, I'll try another less expensive cream and hope that one day I'll find one like this for less.

To Read all 35 Reviews, Login or Join

This is basically that same review as for the Lancome Genefique eye cream; same benefits and same considerations.

I almost finished the little jar so now I feel ready to write a review about it. I don't have wrinkles but I do have hereditary dark circles. Personally I don't believe there is a product that could help with that because it's part of your genetics and no product that only penetrates the outer epidermis could ever fix that. Having said that, I do like this cream but I would not repurchase because it's quite expensive and I do not think this one is better that the other eyecreams I have tried including Lancome Genefique eye cream, Kiehl's Midnight Recovery, Vichy LifActive Eyes, Vichy LiftActiv Retinol HA Eyes. And these are just the last few ones I tried and remembered :)

I liked:
- the packaging; very chic
- the unobtrusive smell
- the creamy consistency
- how quickly it absorbed into my skin. Very important for my morning routine
- how hydrating it is

Nothing I didn't like about this product, but due to the steep price and lack of specific benefits I would not repurchase.

on 7/10/2013 1:14:00 PM

I am very disappointed with this product, I thought that if it is very expensive and is also really good.The texture is very light and as it is completely absorbed into the skin the wrinkles under the eyes are completely visible and seemingly much more than they really are.
Like other people i think, this eye cream is Absolute crap.
The packaging says "Absolute Yeux Premimum" no idea if it is the same product, i got mine in Paris.

on 1/17/2013 4:44:00 PM

This absolutely sucks. Thank god I got a sample. It runs for over 100 ! I've been using this for 4 days now and today my husband looks at me and says " poor thing .. You have bags". It's in the trash!

on 1/8/2013 1:46:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Absolue Eye is Absolute Crap! I knew this the moment I realized that the mysterious SPARKLES on my fingers after my cleansing routine were from the Lancome Absolue Eye cream I had been using.

If an expensive eye "treatment" cream claims to renew the look of your skin but has sparkles in it, then I know the product is relying on cosmetic improvement rather than actual skin improvement.

Additionally, after about a week of using this, I had an allergic reaction to it, resulting in red, itchy eyes. I am 99% sure it was this product, as it was the only new product I started using ... AND was an eye cream.

To the garbage this went!

on 11/27/2012 7:27:00 PM

I'M VERY ANGRY WITH THIS PRODUCT.
I'm 24 and started noticing a fine line under my eyes, so I started using eye cream. My skin has been well-moisturized and nice. I noticed today how I've developed wrinkles where none existed during these weeks I've been using this cream.

Lancome's Absolue eye cream is the culprit. Another reviewer also mentioned causing wrinkles. Beware.

Edit on 1/9/2014
Now that I've switched eye creams, I don't have any fine lines anymore no matter what eye cream I use.

None of the other eye creams I used have caused this. I've even used Lancome's Progres without having any problems. I didn't have such horrible experience with Estee Lauder, Origins, and Kiehl's.

on 11/8/2012 9:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

After one time use, my eye area looks terrible. It looks like If I put a lip plumber on my eyes or cried 1 month...And if I smile, there are many fine lines showing up due swelling... I hope it past quickly...

on 10/19/2012 6:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I received this eye cream as a sample. It comes in an unsanitary jar, has fragrance, and denatured alcohol is high on the ingredient list. Definitely not a product I would use on my dry and sensitive skin.

on 10/12/2012 1:24:00 AM

This eye cream seemed to work for the first few weeks, but slowly seemed to lose its ability to do anything. Over time it just became a thick eye cream for dry skin. It is very expensive for not doing much over long periods of time.