3.5

price range

Reviews

2.0

13 years ago

I only have a sample of this, but I really like it! I plan on buying the full size bottle soon. It's very sophisticated, but not too flowery or strong. I probably wouldn't wear it during the daytime with jeans and a t-shirt, but it's definitely perfect for getting dressed up. It's more "feminine" than what I usually wear (I like a lot of citrus scents like Yves St. Laurent Baby Doll), but I love this, too. The bottle is unexciting, but that's not too important to me - it's not like you're wearing the bottle! EDIT: The actual perfume smelled NOTHING like the sample. Very "old lady" and overpowering flowers. Will not buy.

About reviewer (174 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

13 years ago

This fragrance is absolutely beautiful! It has an incredible dry down, and it is classic, sexy and can be worn by young and mature. I love it!!

About reviewer (11 reviews)

HairBlond

2.0

13 years ago

When I fragrance-modeled for this scent several years ago, there were women who just had to have it. I find it entirely too powerful for me and would never recommend it. It reminds me of the 1980's when some of the strongest fragrances were introduced. I'm glad that period is past. I like more nuanced fragrances that linger, but don't overwhelm. This definitely overwhelms and I would never want to be an elevator with anyone wearing this scent.

About reviewer (16 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinDry

EyesBrown

3.0

13 years ago

I agree with the poster below, that it really does depend on chemistry. I once smelled this on some girl my brother was dating many years ago, and it smelled really nice & feminine on her. Between many things changing through the years, and my own chemistry being different from hers, not so good on me. That doesn't mean it's not good, so try it if you like a tuberose/gardenia kind of scent, it might be right on you...

About reviewer (125 reviews)

Age44-55

13 years ago

This is a feminine, powdery, strong scent. It's lovely for evening (I don't wear it in the day) and I receive compliments on it regularly. Like all scents, it has the chance of turning on some people due to body chemistry, but if you are at a department store, give this one a try...it's gorge!

About reviewer (74 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinOily, Other

EyesBrown

13 years ago

My mother started wearing this when it first came out. I thought is smelled divine! This is the scent I associate with her and I have a bottle of it, too. It is a classic scent and I hope it is never discontinued.

About reviewer (17 reviews)

13 years ago

Tuberous perfumes in general smell very good on me. Fracas and Carolina Herrera are couple of those sexy perfumes that I really love. In some strange way they make feel very happy and energetic. I stronlgy recommend.

About reviewer (27 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinNormal

EyesBlue

13 years ago

This fragrance is absolutely elegant and a definite classic. My mother first wore this. I caught on and bought me my own bottle. I know very few people who wear this or are even familiar with the brand. I wholeheartedly recommend purchasing Carolina Herrera. It is incredibly fabulous!!!

About reviewer (14 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinDry, Fair

HairBrunette

13 years ago

About reviewer (14 reviews)

Age56 & Over

13 years ago

I received the purse-size roll on of this as part of a gift. I had previously picked up the bottle at Sephora and sniffed it but decided it was too "old" a scent for me (I typically wear Iris Nobile, Chanel Mlle and Stella McCartney to name a few). Anyway, I recently tried some on my wrist rather absentmindedly and I am now OBSESSED with it. I find myself dabbing my wrists with it before I run to Starbucks or the post office, or anytime I leave the house! It's equisitely feminine and sexy but not sweetly or sickeningly so. It has some "heft" to it but is not overpowering, status-y without being placable. I will be trying it out as my new signature scent for nightime and fancy events.

About reviewer (8 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone