RIMMEL Soft Kohl - Chianti [DISCONTINUED]

3.9

Price: $

Price: $

on 10/3/2009 11:31:00 PM

This eyeliner is pretty good, it actually didn't smudge during the day. The color isn't what it is on the outside of the pencil; it's really a plummy burgundy brown. If your eyes get irritated or read a lot, I wouldn't wear this e/l because it might accentuate the red. The color otherwise is really nice.
:) mo

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

i like this eyeliner, i liquid line my lid then line this one above it. it gives such a beautiful effect!!!

its veryvery cheap. you can buy it at drugstores.

on 9/6/2009 7:57:00 PM

I AM SOOOO UPSET this eyeliner is one of my favorites and UNFORTUNATELY it has been discontinued :(

Sigh. I really thought I found a winner in this one. The color is a wonderful burgundy or plum-brown and I think it does a nice job of accenting less harshly than black. I'm not entirely sure of its staying power by itself - since it's kohl and I have oily lids, I went ahead and put Urban Decay Primer Potion on underneath of it and then smudged the liner. With that combination it lasted all day! However I woke up this morning and my eyes have been itching ever since. Seems like I'm allergic to it. I'll give it another try later to make sure it wasn't just me doing a poor job of taking my makeup off last night, but I'm pretty sure it was the eyeliner. Pity! I really liked it otherwise. Off to try MAC's new technakohl, Foxtail!

on 5/31/2007 3:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

it's a reddish brown color, great for daytime.
i use it almost every day as my staple eyeliner, and i think it really makes my brown eyes pop. blacks and blue and even dark browns are a tad too intense for me and tende to bring out purple shades around my eyes.
it goes on really smooth and has pretty good staying power for non waterproof liner. the price is great too!
would buy again.

on 5/24/2007 10:01:00 PM

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

I first bought the pure white eyeliner and was very happy so I decided to try this color. The color on the eyeliner is not what it really is. The outside is a soft brown and it turned out to be a plum brown. But overall application is very easy and the color was not what I expected but nice too.

on 4/18/2007 9:23:00 PM

This is my favouite color liner for my cool fair skin. it makes my blue eyes look REALLY blue, it stays inplace allright (i just do a thin smooth line on top, NOT the bottom), no complaints. The store I usually buy it at dosnt carry this shade a lot (either that or they run out constantly!) so I stock up when I can find them - just incase they get discontinued as most of my favorite products do!

on 4/7/2007 10:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Again I am disappointed with the precision of Rimmel's liner colors. I shouldn't have been misled by the color swatch and the actual color of the outer packaging to think that this was a chocolate brown, I should've judged by the name Chianti that this was going to be a dark plum. I am not against plum eyeliners, but this one manages to make my eyes look sickly, like I have some kind of eye disease where the area around my eyes look bloody. I mean seriously after putting this on I really look like i lined my eyes with , literally, chianti, which was not flattering at all. I still gave it 2 lippies because I think it is a good quality liner, especially for the price. The color just did not work for me at all. It might work on someone with a cooler skintone.

on 8/19/2006 10:03:00 AM

I adore this eyeliner! The texture is great, it can be smudged well for a subtle look, and the color makes my green eyes look brilliant. This is an everyday product for me, as I've never been able to wear brown or black eyeliners well (I'm a redhead, so browns always sort of clash and black just looks too horrifying to be described), it just draws attention to my eyes, and enhances them beautifully.

on 3/18/2006 12:53:00 AM

I have think skin around my eyes where the blue and purple veins show through and create dark circles. I also have puffiness. This eyeliner made me look tired. I am dissapointed because it looked like such an interesting, unique color to accentuate my brown eyes.