theBalm Cosmetics TimeBalm Concealer

Filtered by skin tone : Medium
theBalm Cosmetics TimeBalm Concealer
TimeBalm ConcealerTimeBalm Concealer

3.8

INGREDIENTS (on base of jar): Tridecyl Trimellitate, Neopentyl Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Talc, Dioctyl Adipate, Isoeicosane, Cera Carnauba (Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba)) Wax, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Octyldodecanol, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, C18-36 Acid Glycol Ester, Panthenol, Tribehenin, Ceresin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Linoleic Acid, Glycine soja (Soybean) Sterols, Phospholipids, Silica, Propyl Gallate, Glycine soja (Soybean) Oil. May contain [ /-Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Ultramarines (CI 77007)]

on 1/18/2018 10:23:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

Its quite a thick concealer so apply sparingly. I use it as an undereye concealer and it did not crease or separate. The packaging does feel very cheap though and the sponge that came with it is pretty much useless.

on 7/24/2016 10:51:00 PM

Omg!! Love3x! I apply at brow bone, over brow arch, under brow hairline to make it appear elongated. I used a concealer brush. It accentuates the arches brows making them look longer. Super nice! I picked Lighter Than Light shade.

Pros
blends easily
no streaks
no lines
lasts all day
cheap(wait during sales for further discounts)
works like a high end product
so many shades for all skin tones

Cons
plastic jar not sturdy ... be gentle folks :)

Overall, I highly recommend!

on 8/31/2015 5:35:00 AM

I'm a NC30-35 and I got the shade mid-midium. It's a good color match for me.

Texture is dense creamy and quite matte.

I usually put this under my eyes and it covers my not extremely dark circles. I have to set it with a light powder or else there will be lines that gather in the creases.

Appearance gives a matte somewhat less tired look. It's not too much coverage, but just enough. It last about 6 to 7 hours on me. It fades a bit.

It smells like freaking cappuccino or a sweet coffee drink. It's odd and satisfying. I haven't read and reviews that state the smell. But I smell coffee.

I bought this with the intent of covering up the broken capilliaries on the sides of my nose, along with other blemishes, as well as cleaning up my brows - so not really for under eye, though I do use it there sometimes. I first purchased medium but found it to be too good a match to my skin tone that it didn't provide highlight - so I went back and bought light/medium too. I noticed that the textures were slightly different - I find the medium is creamier than the light/medium, and that the latter is slightly chalky. I fix that by just putting eye cream on top though. I don't have much experience in the concealer department, but I guess this is okay. I'm still open to trying out other stuff though.

on 8/9/2014 10:38:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I guess this is your typical "love it or hate it" kind of product. I happen to really love it now. When i first started using it (had to replace it with my Bobbi Brown concealer, as it ran out), i disliked that it was too matte, and give off a very "i have under eye concealer on" look, as compared to the rest of my face, until i paired it with my BB cream, which has a dewy finish. (I also realized that i was using too much product before)

Just a tip for normal or combination skin girls, light dust loose/mattifying powder before dewy-finish foundation/BB cream (after skincare routine), to off-set the dewy-ness (some korean BB cream tends to give a "i'm oily and need to bloat soon" rather than a fresh well-rested look. Trust me, it works wonders. Followed by concealer and then seal off with another dusting of powder, my ELF mineral booster in sheer works very well.

It's a med-full coverage product, works well to cover my very dark under eye circles and i personally feel it has some color correcting properties.

I hate the packaging, as with time, the cheap plastic case will start cracking. I havent found a perfect way to depot it, but i have also yet to find a better under eye concealer for my skin. So i use a layer of moisturizer to keep it moist, and wipe that layer off when i need to use it, it is kind of a waste of my moisturizer, but i dont mind.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I am NC 35 and this has been my HG concealer for the last 2 years - I use the shade "medium". I predominately use it for covering acne and acne scars. I sometimes use it for under-eyes but I think it works better for acne as it is THICK with full/medium coverage, thus may settle into lines, but luckily this is not a problem I have to deal with. I find it applies best with fingers to warm up and melt the product so it applies smoothly.

PROS:
-I have been using this concealer pretty much every other day for the last 2 years and I am only just about finishing it. There is ALOT of product which makes it good value for money IMO.
-The colour is a fantastic match for my skin tone and does a very good job of covering my acne.

CONS:
- This has been stated many times but the packaging is poo. Like many people, my lid broke early on and the packaging looks like cheap.
- This product does transfer if you accidentally brush your face against something white, or perhaps that is just because I apply so much product. The product is quite an oily texture which makes it thick and good coverage, but may look greasy to others so it requires a setting powder.

Overall I love this concealer and have been faithful to it for the last 2 years. I have heard that it is a dupe of the MAC studio finish concealer, so now that I am finished with this concealer, I am going to try that one next.

on 4/17/2014 3:56:00 PM

Yuck. just YUCK. The most awful concealer i have ever used in my entire life. I've used concealers that cost less than HALF of what this did and did a WAY better job. It's the same prices as the Mac studio finish concealer and doesnt even come close to being as good. It's greasy, and cakes almost immediately and looks crack-y if you powder it. Creases like you wouldnt even imagine, and the shades come off lighter on your face than it does in the pot. Never touching this again, and i'm so disappointed because TheBalm is such a great brand. They def need to up their concealer game. No bueno.

on 8/20/2013 1:38:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I'm surprised that so many people have problems with this creasing under their eyes. I am 48, and definitely have lines, but it doesn't crease or settle into them. I set it with powder - that is an essential step that some people might be missing. I have it in light/medium and it is the closest to my actual skin tone of any concealer I have used. I can dot it all over my face and it covers everything, from acne to melasma! I will definitely repurchase this. <3

on 1/16/2013 6:26:00 PM

It goes on smoothly, lasts a long time, and covers well. It also stays on all day. I'm not sure about its age fighting/wrinkle smooth capabilities as I haven't seen any improvements but it feels fine and doesn't break me out or irritate me.

on 1/12/2013 10:08:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

LOVE THIS CONCEALER!!!!!!! I've had the studio sculpt concealer from mac for quite sometime now and i threw mine away cos it was too old, cos mac studio sculpt has been discontinued and its a cream based concealer just like this time balm concealer, i love this , this is an EXACT DUPE for the studio sculpt concealer, the texture is amazing, blends really nicely, doesn't break me out like the mac studio sculpt concealer does. i love it and this stuff although its in a mini pot, a little goes a long way, love love love love it, i get mine at SASA beauty stores. most importantly, its full coverage which is what i like :D i am a NC35 in mac cosmetics , and i've medium skin tone, and i use the shade MEDIUM in this concealer for all the balm products and it is an EXACT MATCH for my face and body. :) i love the time balm foundation also!!!!!!