theBalm Cosmetics TimeBalm Concealer

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
theBalm Cosmetics TimeBalm Concealer
TimeBalm ConcealerTimeBalm Concealer

3.8

INGREDIENTS (on base of jar): Tridecyl Trimellitate, Neopentyl Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Talc, Dioctyl Adipate, Isoeicosane, Cera Carnauba (Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba)) Wax, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Octyldodecanol, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, C18-36 Acid Glycol Ester, Panthenol, Tribehenin, Ceresin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Linoleic Acid, Glycine soja (Soybean) Sterols, Phospholipids, Silica, Propyl Gallate, Glycine soja (Soybean) Oil. May contain [ /-Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Ultramarines (CI 77007)]

on 2/13/2017 9:46:00 AM

This my HG concelear! Very easy to work with, especially if you use the little sponge that comes with it. i'm a Nw20/25 and i got this in Light, perfect match. the saleslady explained me the all line has cool-toned undertones so if you're warm it may not be your cup of tea. Medium - high coverage with a satin finish , i find it works better with undereyes than imperfections. Summer is the worst for creme concealers even with a good setting powder and this was no exception but pairing it to the Smashbox undereye primer was the solution. i think the only flaw is in the packaging, is cheap and it broke very easily and that's a bummer considering the quality of their product. i hope they'll repackage the line.

on 12/18/2016 4:56:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I bought this for and use it more or less exclusively for the under eye area. It's marketed as a full coverage concealer, but I'd say it has a medium coverage (possibly buildable to full coverage, but then you'd need to lay it on really thick, which rarely is a good idea if you've got any fine lines at all). I actually really like the formula for the undereye - it's gentle, has a creamy smooth texture and is slightly moisturizing without being oily. Pot concealers tend to look dry and cakey on me when set with powder, but this doesn't. Overall it just feels very good on the skin, I've got pretty sensitive skin around my eyes, and I've not experienced any irritation or dryness whatsoever. I have the shade Lighter than light, which is pretty much the same as my skin tone. In other words, it works well on my fair skin, but it doesn't exactly highlight. Set with powder (I mostly use Laura Mercier's Loose Powder) it doesn't crease and stays looking fresh throughout the day. It does settle into a few fine lines that I have, but I've not yet found a single concealer that doesn't, and it doesn't exaggerate them an awful lot, or anything.

The worst thing about this concealer is definitely its packaging. It's really rubbish, especially for a product in this price category. I've handled it with care (never dropped it or even travelled with it), but after just two weeks of use I noticed a small crack in the lid. I've seen countless reviews mentioning the quality (or lack thereof) of the packaging. Thebalm really needs to address this! The plastic is horribly brittle.

+ Cruelty free
+ Nice, creamy formula for the undereye area
+ The pot is a bit wider than many other concealer/cream shadow pots, which makes it possible to pick up with your finger despite having long nails
+ A few beneficial ingredients
+ 9 shades, and a range that cater to both ends of the spectrum - really fair people and people of colour
+ Pretty good coverage...

- ...though not full coverage, as it claims to be
- Majorly crappy packaging quality wise

on 9/10/2016 8:47:00 AM

i am using this concealer for a few months and i have to say that i hate it. it really creases like crazy it is very thick for my under eye area. i have acne problem and i tried the concealer for my acne blemishes but it doesn't work well. its coverage is well for acne but it brings out new acnes or it aggravates my existing acnes. so it is awful for me. i will never buy it again.

on 3/12/2016 7:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Love this product, but I hate the packaging. This concealer is great if you have a silicone sensitivity, as it doesn't contain dimethicone, cyclopentasiloxane, or cyclohexasiloxane. I have the shade "Lighter than Light" which has strong pink undertones. This suits me, but something to be aware of if your skintone is warmer.

It has a more waxy consistency than many other concealers. I find it still easy to blend. I like to apply with a brush or my fingers, blend with a damp beauty blender, and set with powder. It doesn't budge or get cakey. It's very opaque, and would work for a matte highlight.

I had to repot this into an elf Smudge Pot container because the original container just cracked and fell apart.

on 1/16/2016 11:36:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Great spot concealer! A Sephora employee showed this to me years ago and I keep repurchasing when it goes on sale. It's very creamy and pigmented. The light-medium is a great shade for me. I don't use it under my eyes because it makes my mascara and eyeliner smear and I prefer liquids for that area.

on 4/19/2014 5:44:00 PM

This has become my new favorite concealer. This looks less chalky than the Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer (which has been a staple for me for a while now), and blends easily into the skin. It does not settle into fine lines and does not migrate. It lasts all day and does not get drier over the course of the day as do some concealers. It is, in short, perfect.

Packaging FAIL! But nearly perfect otherwise. My container broke after about a week, but I just scooped out the concealer and put it in a travel container. I had to throw mine out earlier this week because I'd had it for well over a year and the travel container broke, but I miss having this concealer! It's brilliant! You need so little for amazing coverage and it blends like a dream. Shade selection is pretty good. I'm usually the palest shade in everything but they have a shade that's too light even for me! Super thick, and you need the tiniest amount on your concealer brush for amazing coverage. I even used a lip brush for covering spots and then just blended the product with my finger and it was perfect. A bit more than I would typically spend on concealer, but you need so little that it will last for a long long time.

on 8/6/2013 11:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I really like this concealer, but I can't overlook just how terrible the packaging is. For the price, I really should be getting a thicker, more durable plastic or even glass (as long as it seals tightly). I feel like if I dropped this thin plastic container it would shatter. Some of the reviews here even mention that the container has broken or cracked easily.

This concealer is thick and needs to be warmed up a bit between the fingers. Also, I would only apply this concealer with the tips of the fingers. I've tried applying it with a brush and it didn't stay put.

That said, this concealer works perfectly to cover blemishes on my face. I'm NW10 with freckles, so I like to go without foundation when I can. This concealer allows me to do that. I have it in the shade Lighter Than Light, and it is a spot on match to my skin. I am so pleased at how well it matches my skin and covers blemishes. Once the edges are blended, this really does make my blemishes disappear.

This concealer also works to cover healed blemishes, dark marks or acne scars. Most concealers make red marks look purple, but this has enough coverage to completely hide discolorations.

Under the eyes, it's not quite as good. The coverage is nice, and once warmed up between the fingers, it goes on smooth and thin. But as others have said, it can settle in the creases under the eyes. I only use it near the inner corners close to the eye so I don't have too much settling. However, I can see how this concealer would settle into lines farther under the eyes or in fine lines on the outer corner.

It needs to be set with powder, otherwise it won't last for more than a couple hours. It doesn't flash back or show up in photographs, which is great. I'm a fan of NYX HD Creamy Concealer but the flashback with that is terrible.

Overall, I am pleased with this concealer. It works great as a spot concealer, but only okay for an under the eye concealer. I highly recommend it if you are super fair skinned and want a concealer that is a perfect match for your skin to cover blemishes. It's not too yellow or too white, it's exactly the right shade.

And if anyone from TheBalm is reading this, please, PLEASE repackage this concealer into something more sturdy. For what this costs, I should be getting something better than a cheap pigment sample container with an unsanitary little sponge.

BTW, if you buy this concealer, just toss the sponge it comes with, it's unsanitary and useless.

on 8/2/2013 6:00:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I like, but don't love this. It creases on me but does cover well. I would recommend this for use on blemishes and pigmentation but not under the eyes because of the creasing. Hate the packaging, flimsy and unhygienic. It's ok but won't repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have dark pigmented post acne spots and drugstore concealer just never seems to cover and then when I was browsing through a clothing boutique a cross the street from where I was working that time I found this little gem. That was 3 years ago, I tried using other concealer but I always came back to this one. I've never used this for undereye concealing because I prefer liquid type concealer for that. I will repurchase again and again!