TheBalm TimeBalm Concealer

Filtered by skin type : Combination
TheBalm TimeBalm Concealer
TimeBalm ConcealerTimeBalm Concealer

3.8

INGREDIENTS (on base of jar): Tridecyl Trimellitate, Neopentyl Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Talc, Dioctyl Adipate, Isoeicosane, Cera Carnauba (Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba)) Wax, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Octyldodecanol, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, C18-36 Acid Glycol Ester, Panthenol, Tribehenin, Ceresin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Linoleic Acid, Glycine soja (Soybean) Sterols, Phospholipids, Silica, Propyl Gallate, Glycine soja (Soybean) Oil. May contain [ /-Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Ultramarines (CI 77007)]

on 5/24/2017 7:38:00 PM

This is an amazing, rarely talked about, under the radar, and totally underrated concealer...I love it, it works amazingly on dark circles especially. I normally use either Maybelline Fit Me Concealer, Physicians Formula Rx Concealer, or NARS. I'm a huge fan of all TheBalm products, and have a lot, but for some reason I just never tried this before, and I will definitely repurchase. Its $18 but it's very concentrated, and a little goes along way. It's not too greasy/creamy or too drying, it works great warmed on your finger then patted in, or with a damp beauty blender. It provides medium high to full coverage with one layer. All TheBalm products are cruelty free, paraben and talc free, definitely recommend.

Honestly, I have tried three concealers and this one is my top choice.
The great thing about the balm concealer is the color, not too reddish and it is not heavy so the result is not too patchy. The texture is not too creamy. My skin is a little bit oily and maybe that is the reason why it's not staying for a long time. The concealer works well for redness and dark spot.

About the packaging, it's a little bit fragile, so the lid is easily broken.The size is small so really easy to bring it anywhere. I found the cotton was kind of useless. So it will be more useful if you use a concealer brush.

on 10/16/2016 11:37:00 AM

Overall I think I like this concealer but there are some things that could be better...

It is high coverage, but it creases like crazy for me even if I set it with powder, and that usually does the trick but not with this concealer.

I´m not sure how to explain this best but in in some places on my face where my skin is a bit uneven and textured (and this is typically where I need to put concealer, like on breakouts and on a birthmark I have) it does not go well on the skin? Like it goes on really patchy, not blended at all and makes the skin look super uneven and dry. Even if I just exfoliated, other concealers and foundations I have does not do this on this. So then it is better to just leave it.

I dislike the packaging and it has also broken a bit.

So for me I can basiaclly only use this where my face is super smooth, and then it works good.

on 7/24/2016 10:51:00 PM

Omg!! Love3x! I apply at brow bone, over brow arch, under brow hairline to make it appear elongated. I used a concealer brush. It accentuates the arches brows making them look longer. Super nice! I picked Lighter Than Light shade.

Pros
blends easily
no streaks
no lines
lasts all day
cheap(wait during sales for further discounts)
works like a high end product
so many shades for all skin tones

Cons
plastic jar not sturdy ... be gentle folks :)

Overall, I highly recommend!

The perfect concealer!

Lighter than Light suits my pale complexion perfectly. This is so easy to blend, covers my redness, doesn't crease and a little goes a long way.

Unfortunately the packaging takes off quite a few lippies from an otherwise perfect concealer. I'm not the biggest fan of pot concealers, I just don't find them very hygienic. Also the lid cracked after about 2 months of use and the jar itself is rather flimsy.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I love this concealer ; i've been using it for 3 years already!
When i first used it, i didn't know which way of application would be make the concealer look its best. It took me quite awhile to find out! It would settle into my eye crease and fine lines[ that i have when i smile!] , and it would look cakey and obvious.
After trying out many different application methods, i found out that it looks best applied with my bare fingers! I would 'scoop' a small amount of it onto the back of hand and rub slightly to 'melt' the concealer so it turns creamy, then i'll pat it onto my dark eye circles with my ring finger. I usually use this concealer around my whole eye area as it covers the darkness and veins on my eyelids so well yet looking natural. I'll let it set for a few minutes, then use a piece of tissue paper to blot it slightly, then set it lightly with my favourite powder. It covers my very dark eye circles almost completely so i'd say it is a medium-full coverage concealer! It sets semi-matte on my oily skin but can be completely mattified using some powder. It lasts for a long time on my oily skin, i usually put on this concealer at 9am and leave the house, and it held up well despite my perspiration and sweat; when i remove my makeup at around 8 or 9pm, it still looks good!
I use this concealer to cover the redness around my nose as well and it works well too!
The only downfall to this concealer is its packaging! I am quite gentle with things but this concealer lid broke after i used it for weeks, and the whole concealer jar split into two after a month! [ I'm not even kidding, the jar literally broke into two when i am scooping out my concealer to use] In the end, i had to de-pot my concealer and put it into another jar, haha! The sponge that came with it was not useful to me, as it was difficult to blend the concealer with. Fingers are better! Moreover, the sponge is white and it looks nasty after using it for some time!
It is quite expensive even though i got it on sale for about SGD$25 at Sasa. But one jar can last quite long as a little goes a long way.
All in all, i love this concealer but the packaging could be improved! I would totally buy it again after finishing it!
I got mine is the shade Light/Medium

on 8/31/2015 5:35:00 AM

I'm a NC30-35 and I got the shade mid-midium. It's a good color match for me.

Texture is dense creamy and quite matte.

I usually put this under my eyes and it covers my not extremely dark circles. I have to set it with a light powder or else there will be lines that gather in the creases.

Appearance gives a matte somewhat less tired look. It's not too much coverage, but just enough. It last about 6 to 7 hours on me. It fades a bit.

It smells like freaking cappuccino or a sweet coffee drink. It's odd and satisfying. I haven't read and reviews that state the smell. But I smell coffee.

This was suggested to me by a girl at sephora. I like it. It's thick enough to really get some coverage but not too thick to actually WORK with. I do find it doesn't look as good on dry skin so I couldn't use it all over my face.

I bought this with the intent of covering up the broken capilliaries on the sides of my nose, along with other blemishes, as well as cleaning up my brows - so not really for under eye, though I do use it there sometimes. I first purchased medium but found it to be too good a match to my skin tone that it didn't provide highlight - so I went back and bought light/medium too. I noticed that the textures were slightly different - I find the medium is creamier than the light/medium, and that the latter is slightly chalky. I fix that by just putting eye cream on top though. I don't have much experience in the concealer department, but I guess this is okay. I'm still open to trying out other stuff though.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I LOVE THIS CONCEALER

I have super duper dark circles under my eyes, paired with pretty yucky acne most of the time, so I am always in desperate need a good concealer. I used to use the Lancome waterproof under eye concealer for years and years, which I still like but they are more expensive and I think I actually like thebalm concealer better. I think the first time I picked this up it was in their lightest shade, as the seasons go by I usually have to change concealers. I've actually got a good system going right now where I bought the lightest shade and the second darkest shade (which I use during the summer) and I dig out small bits of each to mix together to make the perfect costume shade and I am pretty pale in the winter, but quite tanned in the summer as I work outside. I found them on sale at London Drugs (Canada) a while back and bought like 3 of each of the colours I like for around $15, but I'm pretty sure you can get them for around $25 or so normally.

They are very creamy and apply the to skin really nicely. I usually use a concealer brush to swipe some over the problem area and then use my finger to blend it in, but if I'm in a rush I'll skip the brush and just use fingers. It gives superb coverage and it build-able if needed. It's also really each to blend out to look as natural as possible, and when I feel like it I use this to contour (as I have a darker and lighter shade) and they blend out very nicely. I've used these concealers with many different foundations and they always look great.

I will keep buying this stuff forever and ever and if they discontinue it I will die.