TheBalm TimeBalm Concealer

Filtered by skin type : Other
TheBalm TimeBalm Concealer
TimeBalm ConcealerTimeBalm Concealer

4.3

INGREDIENTS (on base of jar): Tridecyl Trimellitate, Neopentyl Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Talc, Dioctyl Adipate, Isoeicosane, Cera Carnauba (Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba)) Wax, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Octyldodecanol, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, C18-36 Acid Glycol Ester, Panthenol, Tribehenin, Ceresin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Linoleic Acid, Glycine soja (Soybean) Sterols, Phospholipids, Silica, Propyl Gallate, Glycine soja (Soybean) Oil. May contain [ /-Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Ultramarines (CI 77007)]

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I've been using this product for years, repuchased multiple times, and will probably continue to repurchase until they stop making it. it was the first thing i ever bought from sephora, back when they used to carry it. At the time i was simply overjoyed that someone made something light enough for my skin tone. It has fantastic coverage, but it's never thick/pasty or cake-y. it's very creamy and blendable, but if you apply it right the formula is thin enough that it won't crease up. i can even get away with patting on a second layer over powder for increased coverage! i even use it to blend with a medicated coverup that works great for blemishes but is a bad color match. it's expensive but it lasts for SO LONG that the price is really justifiable. honestly, the pot it comes in gives out before the product does, and that's probably a good thing because it makes me realize how ancient it is and that i should probs replace it.

on 11/19/2012 9:49:00 PM

All the shades were either too light or too dark for me. Strange because the light medium foundation of this brand was great for me.

on 1/18/2012 12:59:00 PM

Its okay for medium dark circles. it has a pinkish undertone and slightly neutralizes dark circles but cannot cover them fully. i dont use it for the rest of my face due to its pinky undertone which looks unnatural on my pale, slighty yellow-toned skin. the texture is good, doesnt not look cakey but does not stay on oily skin and tends to set in the fine lines around the eyes

This is my Holy Grail undereye concealer. It's a great match for my NW15/20 (cool, pale) skintone and is quite pigmented yet easy to blend. Plus, it has never bled or creased on my combination skin. Time Balm looks (and stays) flawless and natural in my experience. I would say the coverage is buildable and medium to full.

It also works beautifully on blemishes--I just prefer to use a medicated concealer on spots.
continued >>

on 4/22/2009 7:59:00 PM

This concealer is perfect for me. It is important around the eye to use just the right amount of product - there is too much waste with tubes, so a concealer in a pot is a great solution - used with a sponge, you can just the right amount - not too thick nor too thin - the right amount is key with concealers - shades for this brand are perfect too

Firstly, I was recommended this by a Sephora SA when I asked for a very moisturizing undereye concealer. Sometimes I think Sephora SAs are living in some alternate universe, as I would not necessarily call this "moisturizing".
Upon viewing the shades, I thought that the lightest color (called "lighter than light") was going to be too apricoty for me. Generally I stick to yellow based undereye concealers, because I've found that brightens up the area the best. But the lady convinced me & I purchased the product. Got it home, tried it on, yadda yadda. Wasn't super impressed, but it seemed to blend okay over eye cream. I was a little put off by the color, because it just didn't seem light enough. I hate pink/apricot based undereye concealer. I want my undereye concealer to be a shade lighter than my skin tone, as there needs to be a brightening effect. I know others feel differently, but this is just what works for me.
Anyway, the dealbreaker for me with this stuff is that it's just way too heavy. If you try to pat on 2 layers, it's cakey creasy city. 3 layers and it's just a hot mess. You look 20 years older than you actually are. It was actually creating fine lines to sink into. Staying power sucked too - it had melted off my face an hour later. Overall, this isn't a horrible concealer, I can definitely imagine it working for others...But I'm somebody that just needs more sheer coverage than this. If you're in the market for something pink based & pretty thick, then maybe this is for you. I don't see myself repurchasing this.
UPDATE - 2/6 - I started using this as a blemish concealer and i'm LOVING IT. I still need to be careful with how much i apply as it can still tend to look heavy and caked on, but when I moisturize correctly and apply a very thin layer - it covers really, really well.

on 11/25/2008 12:10:00 AM

This concealer is amazing. How can you beat a product that has anti-aging benefits, and buildable coverage? This also spreads like a dream, and lasts throughout the day. It isn't cakey at all, and doesn't absorb into lines around the eyes. I would recommend this product to anybody, and will definitely repurchase when I run out. Holy Grail!

on 6/11/2008 9:37:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

I've used this for a week and have come to the conclusion that while this concealer is okay, it isn't HG material. I usually pat this on with my ring finger after moisturizing with an eye cream, as it gives the concealer a bit more slip - otherwise, it's very waxy and thick feeling and difficult to spread. I find the packaging cheap (clear plastic) but it's handy since you'll always know how much product you have. I am NC30 in Mac, 1.2/2.0 light in Bare Escentuals, Nars Budapest, and Golden Light in Everyday Minerals and used Light. This was an okay match but not perfect - it was a bit on the grey side and it was really obvious where I had applied it under my eyes. To be honest, my circles were better concealed with a light dusting of mineral makeup. Also, my waterproof mascara began smudging badly after I started using this concealer, so overall the cons outweigh the pros and I won't be repurchasing.

I'm pretty happy with this concealer. It was very easy to find a matching shade, the price is not too steep and it provides long-lasting coverage. However, it does crease and appear cakey at times. I usually have to use a thick eye cream before applying this concealer to avoid these factors. Unless I find something better, I will probably buy this product again.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this product. Not only does it cover my dark under eye circles (something no other concealer has done) but it also has antioxidants and wrinkle fighters that make it good to sleep in- perfect for waking up looking gorgeous!

The pots are small and extremely portable, yet the amount of product you need to use to cover unsightly "raccoon eyes" is so minimal that it lasts a lifetime. It is hands down the best concealer I have ever used.