TheBalm TimeBalm Concealer

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
TheBalm TimeBalm Concealer
TimeBalm ConcealerTimeBalm Concealer

3.8

INGREDIENTS (on base of jar): Tridecyl Trimellitate, Neopentyl Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Talc, Dioctyl Adipate, Isoeicosane, Cera Carnauba (Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba)) Wax, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Octyldodecanol, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, C18-36 Acid Glycol Ester, Panthenol, Tribehenin, Ceresin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Linoleic Acid, Glycine soja (Soybean) Sterols, Phospholipids, Silica, Propyl Gallate, Glycine soja (Soybean) Oil. May contain [ /-Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Ultramarines (CI 77007)]

on 7/29/2018 7:55:00 PM

I just snagged this on clearance. $7.80, a bargain I couldn't pass up. I got it in the shade Lighter Than Light. Cons: It does contain talc. They need a lighter shade. This works for me because it's summer, but it may be a tad too dark by January. We'll see.
Pros: Excellent coverage, as much as IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Undereye, also Time Balm doesn't crack or crease either. It's super concentrated & the small pot will last a long time.

on 3/19/2017 4:07:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I have repurchased this twice. I am a very cool toned NW20, and the color "Light" works perfectly and is not too warm like so many concealers that go yellow on me. My daughter, who is in her 20s, loves this too, and she is NC20. It is creamy and goes on creamy and does not sink into or make more noticeable my under eye lines. I don't have dark circles but my daughter does and she says it covers well and lasts all day. The little pot it comes in lasts a long time too. I have been very happy with all of my products from "TheBalm". They make high quality products in cute retro packaging.

on 1/3/2017 1:19:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Shades are too limited. I'm an NC20, and got the lightest shade, and it was too dark. If you want a good concealer try MAC, Estee Lauder, or Laura Mercier!

on 12/18/2016 4:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I bought this for and use it more or less exclusively for the under eye area. It's marketed as a full coverage concealer, but I'd say it has a medium coverage (possibly buildable to full coverage, but then you'd need to lay it on really thick, which rarely is a good idea if you've got any fine lines at all). I actually really like the formula for the undereye - it's gentle, has a creamy smooth texture and is slightly moisturizing without being oily. Pot concealers tend to look dry and cakey on me when set with powder, but this doesn't. Overall it just feels very good on the skin, I've got pretty sensitive skin around my eyes, and I've not experienced any irritation or dryness whatsoever. I have the shade Lighter than light, which is pretty much the same as my skin tone. In other words, it works well on my fair skin, but it doesn't exactly highlight. Set with powder (I mostly use Laura Mercier's Loose Powder) it doesn't crease and stays looking fresh throughout the day. It does settle into a few fine lines that I have, but I've not yet found a single concealer that doesn't, and it doesn't exaggerate them an awful lot, or anything.

The worst thing about this concealer is definitely its packaging. It's really rubbish, especially for a product in this price category. I've handled it with care (never dropped it or even travelled with it), but after just two weeks of use I noticed a small crack in the lid. I've seen countless reviews mentioning the quality (or lack thereof) of the packaging. Thebalm really needs to address this! The plastic is horribly brittle.

+ Cruelty free
+ Nice, creamy formula for the undereye area
+ The pot is a bit wider than many other concealer/cream shadow pots, which makes it possible to pick up with your finger despite having long nails
+ A few beneficial ingredients
+ 9 shades, and a range that cater to both ends of the spectrum - really fair people and people of colour
+ Pretty good coverage...

- ...though not full coverage, as it claims to be
- Majorly crappy packaging quality wise

The perfect concealer!

Lighter than Light suits my pale complexion perfectly. This is so easy to blend, covers my redness, doesn't crease and a little goes a long way.

Unfortunately the packaging takes off quite a few lippies from an otherwise perfect concealer. I'm not the biggest fan of pot concealers, I just don't find them very hygienic. Also the lid cracked after about 2 months of use and the jar itself is rather flimsy.

on 6/19/2016 7:55:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Easy to apply and blend with a lovely texture. Not drying. Found a good match for NC15. Does not crease if used with a light hand. Advertised as full coverage but provides only medium coverage. I layer it over Maybelline Age Rewind neutralizer for better coverage.

on 5/16/2016 11:38:00 AM

This product was touted by the sales girl as being superior in its ability to cover dark, under eye circles. I did not achieve this benefit from TimeBalm, unfortunately, and will not repurchase. I also found it to cost too much, considering its lack of effective coverage.

on 3/12/2016 7:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Love this product, but I hate the packaging. This concealer is great if you have a silicone sensitivity, as it doesn't contain dimethicone, cyclopentasiloxane, or cyclohexasiloxane. I have the shade "Lighter than Light" which has strong pink undertones. This suits me, but something to be aware of if your skintone is warmer.

It has a more waxy consistency than many other concealers. I find it still easy to blend. I like to apply with a brush or my fingers, blend with a damp beauty blender, and set with powder. It doesn't budge or get cakey. It's very opaque, and would work for a matte highlight.

I had to repot this into an elf Smudge Pot container because the original container just cracked and fell apart.

This was suggested to me by a girl at sephora. I like it. It's thick enough to really get some coverage but not too thick to actually WORK with. I do find it doesn't look as good on dry skin so I couldn't use it all over my face.

on 11/6/2014 11:43:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Oh my, thick texture, I didn't hink it worked for me..I guess it depends what texture you prefer. I don't have dark circles or puffy eyes, so a thick concealer isn't for me..
I prefer fluid textures, and the Balm is so dry!!!