TheBalm TimeBalm Concealer

Filtered by skin tone : Other
TheBalm TimeBalm Concealer
TimeBalm ConcealerTimeBalm Concealer

3.8

INGREDIENTS (on base of jar): Tridecyl Trimellitate, Neopentyl Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Talc, Dioctyl Adipate, Isoeicosane, Cera Carnauba (Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba)) Wax, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Octyldodecanol, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, C18-36 Acid Glycol Ester, Panthenol, Tribehenin, Ceresin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Linoleic Acid, Glycine soja (Soybean) Sterols, Phospholipids, Silica, Propyl Gallate, Glycine soja (Soybean) Oil. May contain [ /-Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Ultramarines (CI 77007)]

on 11/19/2012 9:49:00 PM

All the shades were either too light or too dark for me. Strange because the light medium foundation of this brand was great for me.

on 1/18/2012 12:59:00 PM

Its okay for medium dark circles. it has a pinkish undertone and slightly neutralizes dark circles but cannot cover them fully. i dont use it for the rest of my face due to its pinky undertone which looks unnatural on my pale, slighty yellow-toned skin. the texture is good, doesnt not look cakey but does not stay on oily skin and tends to set in the fine lines around the eyes

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I know at some point in my life, I considered this product to be HG. I don't know what I was thinking. I'm not a stickler for makeup hygiene in that I don't consider tubs of makeup to be inherently evil, but WOW this product attracts dirt. I always apply concealer with a finger to warm it up and if I have even the tiniest clothing fiber on my finger it gets trapped in the sticky pot. Not only that, if while I'm wearing it I encounter even a tiny speck of dust it will also stick to my eye. This stuff is so, so sticky. So sticky it transcends creaminess.

It also has cheap and unwieldy packaging and mediocre staying powder (it sinks into the skin but floats to the top after an hour). If you're like me and have seriously purple dark circles, I'd recommend a similar but superior product, Skinfood Salmon Dark Circle Concealer.

This is my Holy Grail undereye concealer. It's a great match for my NW15/20 (cool, pale) skintone and is quite pigmented yet easy to blend. Plus, it has never bled or creased on my combination skin. Time Balm looks (and stays) flawless and natural in my experience. I would say the coverage is buildable and medium to full.

It also works beautifully on blemishes--I just prefer to use a medicated concealer on spots.
continued >>

Firstly, I was recommended this by a Sephora SA when I asked for a very moisturizing undereye concealer. Sometimes I think Sephora SAs are living in some alternate universe, as I would not necessarily call this "moisturizing".
Upon viewing the shades, I thought that the lightest color (called "lighter than light") was going to be too apricoty for me. Generally I stick to yellow based undereye concealers, because I've found that brightens up the area the best. But the lady convinced me & I purchased the product. Got it home, tried it on, yadda yadda. Wasn't super impressed, but it seemed to blend okay over eye cream. I was a little put off by the color, because it just didn't seem light enough. I hate pink/apricot based undereye concealer. I want my undereye concealer to be a shade lighter than my skin tone, as there needs to be a brightening effect. I know others feel differently, but this is just what works for me.
Anyway, the dealbreaker for me with this stuff is that it's just way too heavy. If you try to pat on 2 layers, it's cakey creasy city. 3 layers and it's just a hot mess. You look 20 years older than you actually are. It was actually creating fine lines to sink into. Staying power sucked too - it had melted off my face an hour later. Overall, this isn't a horrible concealer, I can definitely imagine it working for others...But I'm somebody that just needs more sheer coverage than this. If you're in the market for something pink based & pretty thick, then maybe this is for you. I don't see myself repurchasing this.
UPDATE - 2/6 - I started using this as a blemish concealer and i'm LOVING IT. I still need to be careful with how much i apply as it can still tend to look heavy and caked on, but when I moisturize correctly and apply a very thin layer - it covers really, really well.

Made those fine lines stand out under my eyes, greasy and then when i put it around my nose it made me break out.

on 12/17/2008 12:08:00 PM

I'll have to rain on the parade. I received some in a swap and maybe it was old, but it didn't go on that smoothly and didn't cover worth a darn. I had to keep adding and adding. It just didn't seem to have enough pigment to cover my minor dark circles. There are a lot of other products out there that are better, sticking with Clinique or Revlon!

on 11/25/2008 12:10:00 AM

This concealer is amazing. How can you beat a product that has anti-aging benefits, and buildable coverage? This also spreads like a dream, and lasts throughout the day. It isn't cakey at all, and doesn't absorb into lines around the eyes. I would recommend this product to anybody, and will definitely repurchase when I run out. Holy Grail!

on 10/26/2008 12:18:00 AM

I love this product, I usually don't wear concealer during the day, just foundation. But at night I need a cream for the under eye area, so I put a little under each eye and just a touch on nose, cheeks & chin because it is SUCH nice quality, it really makes my skin look and feel good. So combination therapy plus don't have to face a totally naked face after taking shower or removing makeup! My skin looks younger, etc. You never know who's going to be ringing the doorbell or there's cat in a tree and the fire department shows up, *smile*. Or family members, etc. taking sneaky camera pics!!! I bought light-medium, but a little light for my NW23 (I always use a little sunless bronzer to give a little color) so will buy medium the next time. It comes in a cute little pot with a sponge, but would be better in a compact with sponge.

on 7/4/2008 10:01:00 PM

Love the simple packaging. Compared to MAC's studio finish SPF 35 concealer this is more moisturzing. I love both but I wish TheBalm had larger color selection. Nice concealer, just need to blend it really well or it gets cakey. Also you get a lot of product. So far with the concealers I have tried this would be my HG concealer if it had an SPF.
EDIT This tried out kinda sorta dried out fast, just need to wipe of the top layer.