TheBalm TimeBalm Concealer

TheBalm TimeBalm Concealer
TimeBalm Concealer

3.8

INGREDIENTS (on base of jar): Tridecyl Trimellitate, Neopentyl Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Talc, Dioctyl Adipate, Isoeicosane, Cera Carnauba (Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba)) Wax, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Octyldodecanol, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, C18-36 Acid Glycol Ester, Panthenol, Tribehenin, Ceresin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Linoleic Acid, Glycine soja (Soybean) Sterols, Phospholipids, Silica, Propyl Gallate, Glycine soja (Soybean) Oil. May contain [ /-Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Ultramarines (CI 77007)]

on 1/3/2017 1:19:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Shades are too limited. I'm an NC20, and got the lightest shade, and it was too dark. If you want a good concealer try MAC, Estee Lauder, or Laura Mercier!

on 12/18/2016 4:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I bought this for and use it more or less exclusively for the under eye area. It's marketed as a full coverage concealer, but I'd say it has a medium coverage (possibly buildable to full coverage, but then you'd need to lay it on really thick, which rarely is a good idea if you've got any fine lines at all). I actually really like the formula for the undereye - it's gentle, has a creamy smooth texture and is slightly moisturizing without being oily. Pot concealers tend to look dry and cakey on me when set with powder, but this doesn't. Overall it just feels very good on the skin, I've got pretty sensitive skin around my eyes, and I've not experienced any irritation or dryness whatsoever. I have the shade Lighter than light, which is pretty much the same as my skin tone. In other words, it works well on my fair skin, but it doesn't exactly highlight. Set with powder (I mostly use Laura Mercier's Loose Powder) it doesn't crease and stays looking fresh throughout the day. It does settle into a few fine lines that I have, but I've not yet found a single concealer that doesn't, and it doesn't exaggerate them an awful lot, or anything.

The worst thing about this concealer is definitely its packaging. It's really rubbish, especially for a product in this price category. I've handled it with care (never dropped it or even travelled with it), but after just two weeks of use I noticed a small crack in the lid. I've seen countless reviews mentioning the quality (or lack thereof) of the packaging. Thebalm really needs to address this! The plastic is horribly brittle.

+ Cruelty free
+ Nice, creamy formula for the undereye area
+ The pot is a bit wider than many other concealer/cream shadow pots, which makes it possible to pick up with your finger despite having long nails
+ A few beneficial ingredients
+ 9 shades, and a range that cater to both ends of the spectrum - really fair people and people of colour
+ Pretty good coverage...

- ...though not full coverage, as it claims to be
- Majorly crappy packaging quality wise

on 10/16/2016 11:37:00 AM

Overall I think I like this concealer but there are some things that could be better...

It is high coverage, but it creases like crazy for me even if I set it with powder, and that usually does the trick but not with this concealer.

I´m not sure how to explain this best but in in some places on my face where my skin is a bit uneven and textured (and this is typically where I need to put concealer, like on breakouts and on a birthmark I have) it does not go well on the skin? Like it goes on really patchy, not blended at all and makes the skin look super uneven and dry. Even if I just exfoliated, other concealers and foundations I have does not do this on this. So then it is better to just leave it.

I dislike the packaging and it has also broken a bit.

So for me I can basiaclly only use this where my face is super smooth, and then it works good.

on 9/10/2016 8:47:00 AM

i am using this concealer for a few months and i have to say that i hate it. it really creases like crazy it is very thick for my under eye area. i have acne problem and i tried the concealer for my acne blemishes but it doesn't work well. its coverage is well for acne but it brings out new acnes or it aggravates my existing acnes. so it is awful for me. i will never buy it again.

on 7/24/2016 10:51:00 PM

Omg!! Love3x! I apply at brow bone, over brow arch, under brow hairline to make it appear elongated. I used a concealer brush. It accentuates the arches brows making them look longer. Super nice! I picked Lighter Than Light shade.

Pros
blends easily
no streaks
no lines
lasts all day
cheap(wait during sales for further discounts)
works like a high end product
so many shades for all skin tones

Cons
plastic jar not sturdy ... be gentle folks :)

Overall, I highly recommend!

The perfect concealer!

Lighter than Light suits my pale complexion perfectly. This is so easy to blend, covers my redness, doesn't crease and a little goes a long way.

Unfortunately the packaging takes off quite a few lippies from an otherwise perfect concealer. I'm not the biggest fan of pot concealers, I just don't find them very hygienic. Also the lid cracked after about 2 months of use and the jar itself is rather flimsy.

on 6/19/2016 7:55:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Easy to apply and blend with a lovely texture. Not drying. Found a good match for NC15. Does not crease if used with a light hand. Advertised as full coverage but provides only medium coverage. I layer it over Maybelline Age Rewind neutralizer for better coverage.

on 5/16/2016 11:38:00 AM

This product was touted by the sales girl as being superior in its ability to cover dark, under eye circles. I did not achieve this benefit from TimeBalm, unfortunately, and will not repurchase. I also found it to cost too much, considering its lack of effective coverage.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Got this at half the price in Light/Medium for my NC30 skin. Consistency of this product is thick, coverage is good, easy to apply with fingers and product can last quite a while in the pot. However, it creases like crazy if you apply it under your eyes, for the purpose of undereye concealing, I WOULD NOT recommend this product. I will never apply it under the eyes. If applied as an eyeshadow base, it brightens and makes eyeshadow colours pop, but since i have oily eyelids, I find that a couple of hours throughout the day, the eyeshadow creases. It's very drying for my combination skin, maybe i'll just use it for spot treatment to cover blemishes on my cheeks, chin next time. Overall, quite disappointed. For the price point, I will not buy as it does the SAME exact thing NYX concealer jar does except NYX is much cheaper.

on 3/12/2016 7:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Love this product, but I hate the packaging. This concealer is great if you have a silicone sensitivity, as it doesn't contain dimethicone, cyclopentasiloxane, or cyclohexasiloxane. I have the shade "Lighter than Light" which has strong pink undertones. This suits me, but something to be aware of if your skintone is warmer.

It has a more waxy consistency than many other concealers. I find it still easy to blend. I like to apply with a brush or my fingers, blend with a damp beauty blender, and set with powder. It doesn't budge or get cakey. It's very opaque, and would work for a matte highlight.

I had to repot this into an elf Smudge Pot container because the original container just cracked and fell apart.