TheBalm TimeBalm Concealer

TheBalm TimeBalm Concealer

3.8

INGREDIENTS (on base of jar): Tridecyl Trimellitate, Neopentyl Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Talc, Dioctyl Adipate, Isoeicosane, Cera Carnauba (Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba)) Wax, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Octyldodecanol, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, C18-36 Acid Glycol Ester, Panthenol, Tribehenin, Ceresin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Linoleic Acid, Glycine soja (Soybean) Sterols, Phospholipids, Silica, Propyl Gallate, Glycine soja (Soybean) Oil. May contain [ /-Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Ultramarines (CI 77007)]

on 7/24/2016 10:51:00 PM

Omg!! Love3x! I apply at brow bone, over brow arch, under brow hairline to make it appear elongated. I used a concealer brush. It accentuates the arches brows making them look longer. Super nice! I picked Lighter Than Light shade.

Pros
blends easily
no streaks
no lines
lasts all day
cheap(wait during sales for further discounts)
works like a high end product
so many shades for all skin tones

Cons
plastic jar not sturdy ... be gentle folks :)

Overall, I highly recommend!

The perfect concealer!

Lighter than Light suits my pale complexion perfectly. This is so easy to blend, covers my redness, doesn't crease and a little goes a long way.

Unfortunately the packaging takes off quite a few lippies from an otherwise perfect concealer. I'm not the biggest fan of pot concealers, I just don't find them very hygienic. Also the lid cracked after about 2 months of use and the jar itself is rather flimsy.

To Read all 387 Reviews, Login or Join

on 6/19/2016 7:55:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Easy to apply and blend with a lovely texture. Not drying. Found a good match for NC15. Does not crease if used with a light hand. Advertised as full coverage but provides only medium coverage. I layer it over Maybelline Age Rewind neutralizer for better coverage.

on 5/16/2016 11:38:00 AM

This product was touted by the sales girl as being superior in its ability to cover dark, under eye circles. I did not achieve this benefit from TimeBalm, unfortunately, and will not repurchase. I also found it to cost too much, considering its lack of effective coverage.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Got this at half the price in Light/Medium for my NC30 skin. Consistency of this product is thick, coverage is good, easy to apply with fingers and product can last quite a while in the pot. However, it creases like crazy if you apply it under your eyes, for the purpose of undereye concealing, I WOULD NOT recommend this product. I will never apply it under the eyes. If applied as an eyeshadow base, it brightens and makes eyeshadow colours pop, but since i have oily eyelids, I find that a couple of hours throughout the day, the eyeshadow creases. It's very drying for my combination skin, maybe i'll just use it for spot treatment to cover blemishes on my cheeks, chin next time. Overall, quite disappointed. For the price point, I will not buy as it does the SAME exact thing NYX concealer jar does except NYX is much cheaper.

on 3/12/2016 7:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Love this product, but I hate the packaging. This concealer is great if you have a silicone sensitivity, as it doesn't contain dimethicone, cyclopentasiloxane, or cyclohexasiloxane. I have the shade "Lighter than Light" which has strong pink undertones. This suits me, but something to be aware of if your skintone is warmer.

It has a more waxy consistency than many other concealers. I find it still easy to blend. I like to apply with a brush or my fingers, blend with a damp beauty blender, and set with powder. It doesn't budge or get cakey. It's very opaque, and would work for a matte highlight.

I had to repot this into an elf Smudge Pot container because the original container just cracked and fell apart.

on 1/16/2016 11:36:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Great spot concealer! A Sephora employee showed this to me years ago and I keep repurchasing when it goes on sale. It's very creamy and pigmented. The light-medium is a great shade for me. I don't use it under my eyes because it makes my mascara and eyeliner smear and I prefer liquids for that area.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I love this concealer ; i've been using it for 3 years already!
When i first used it, i didn't know which way of application would be make the concealer look its best. It took me quite awhile to find out! It would settle into my eye crease and fine lines[ that i have when i smile!] , and it would look cakey and obvious.
After trying out many different application methods, i found out that it looks best applied with my bare fingers! I would 'scoop' a small amount of it onto the back of hand and rub slightly to 'melt' the concealer so it turns creamy, then i'll pat it onto my dark eye circles with my ring finger. I usually use this concealer around my whole eye area as it covers the darkness and veins on my eyelids so well yet looking natural. I'll let it set for a few minutes, then use a piece of tissue paper to blot it slightly, then set it lightly with my favourite powder. It covers my very dark eye circles almost completely so i'd say it is a medium-full coverage concealer! It sets semi-matte on my oily skin but can be completely mattified using some powder. It lasts for a long time on my oily skin, i usually put on this concealer at 9am and leave the house, and it held up well despite my perspiration and sweat; when i remove my makeup at around 8 or 9pm, it still looks good!
I use this concealer to cover the redness around my nose as well and it works well too!
The only downfall to this concealer is its packaging! I am quite gentle with things but this concealer lid broke after i used it for weeks, and the whole concealer jar split into two after a month! [ I'm not even kidding, the jar literally broke into two when i am scooping out my concealer to use] In the end, i had to de-pot my concealer and put it into another jar, haha! The sponge that came with it was not useful to me, as it was difficult to blend the concealer with. Fingers are better! Moreover, the sponge is white and it looks nasty after using it for some time!
It is quite expensive even though i got it on sale for about SGD$25 at Sasa. But one jar can last quite long as a little goes a long way.
All in all, i love this concealer but the packaging could be improved! I would totally buy it again after finishing it!
I got mine is the shade Light/Medium

on 8/31/2015 5:35:00 AM

I'm a NC30-35 and I got the shade mid-midium. It's a good color match for me.

Texture is dense creamy and quite matte.

I usually put this under my eyes and it covers my not extremely dark circles. I have to set it with a light powder or else there will be lines that gather in the creases.

Appearance gives a matte somewhat less tired look. It's not too much coverage, but just enough. It last about 6 to 7 hours on me. It fades a bit.

It smells like freaking cappuccino or a sweet coffee drink. It's odd and satisfying. I haven't read and reviews that state the smell. But I smell coffee.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

I bought this on a Royal Caribbean cruise trip and it retails for about $15 without taxes. The lightest shade I could find was the Light/Medium shade, which suits me pretty well. Even though the testers were completely dried out with a clay texture I took a risk and purchased it. Which gives me a huge tip about this product: It will dry up eventually so secure the cap tightly after each use to prolong it's durability.

Pros: It is not as expensive as other products from the line. The peachy salmon-y undertone it has helps cover my under eye darkness fairly well, even though it does not provide a brightening effect to my skin. It has fairly nice pigmentation, take it from someone with reaaaally bad under eye darkness. This layers pretty thinly on the skin too, so it can be layered for better coverage and it rarely creases on me. It also seems like it will last a loooong time!

Cons: I need at least three layers to have a perfect look to my under eyes. This product has to be really warmed up with the finger tips to be applied and blended into the skin nicely. If it isn't applied well, it will give a dehydrated appearance to the complexion; hence why I say this product dries up fast and needs some maintenance. Also, the name of the product "Time Balm" made me think this had anti-aging properties in its ingredients, which it really doesn't have, not from what I read on the tiny box. Another con is that I read the Time Balm foundation is exactly like this product, just in a bigger container with more quantity.

Overall I like this product more than I dislike it, so I will probably repurchase it. In this YT video I show my current foundation routine and how I use it to neutralize dark areas of my face: