TheBalm TimeBalm Concealer

TheBalm TimeBalm Concealer
TimeBalm Concealer

3.8

INGREDIENTS (on base of jar): Tridecyl Trimellitate, Neopentyl Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Talc, Dioctyl Adipate, Isoeicosane, Cera Carnauba (Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba)) Wax, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Octyldodecanol, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, C18-36 Acid Glycol Ester, Panthenol, Tribehenin, Ceresin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Linoleic Acid, Glycine soja (Soybean) Sterols, Phospholipids, Silica, Propyl Gallate, Glycine soja (Soybean) Oil. May contain [ /-Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Ultramarines (CI 77007)]

on 5/24/2017 7:38:00 PM

This is an amazing, rarely talked about, under the radar, and totally underrated concealer...I love it, it works amazingly on dark circles especially. I normally use either Maybelline Fit Me Concealer, Physicians Formula Rx Concealer, or NARS. I'm a huge fan of all TheBalm products, and have a lot, but for some reason I just never tried this before, and I will definitely repurchase. Its $18 but it's very concentrated, and a little goes along way. It's not too greasy/creamy or too drying, it works great warmed on your finger then patted in, or with a damp beauty blender. It provides medium high to full coverage with one layer. All TheBalm products are cruelty free, paraben and talc free, definitely recommend.

on 3/19/2017 4:07:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I have repurchased this twice. I am a very cool toned NW20, and the color "Light" works perfectly and is not too warm like so many concealers that go yellow on me. My daughter, who is in her 20s, loves this too, and she is NC20. It is creamy and goes on creamy and does not sink into or make more noticeable my under eye lines. I don't have dark circles but my daughter does and she says it covers well and lasts all day. The little pot it comes in lasts a long time too. I have been very happy with all of my products from "TheBalm". They make high quality products in cute retro packaging.

on 1/3/2017 1:19:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Shades are too limited. I'm an NC20, and got the lightest shade, and it was too dark. If you want a good concealer try MAC, Estee Lauder, or Laura Mercier!

on 12/18/2016 4:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I bought this for and use it more or less exclusively for the under eye area. It's marketed as a full coverage concealer, but I'd say it has a medium coverage (possibly buildable to full coverage, but then you'd need to lay it on really thick, which rarely is a good idea if you've got any fine lines at all). I actually really like the formula for the undereye - it's gentle, has a creamy smooth texture and is slightly moisturizing without being oily. Pot concealers tend to look dry and cakey on me when set with powder, but this doesn't. Overall it just feels very good on the skin, I've got pretty sensitive skin around my eyes, and I've not experienced any irritation or dryness whatsoever. I have the shade Lighter than light, which is pretty much the same as my skin tone. In other words, it works well on my fair skin, but it doesn't exactly highlight. Set with powder (I mostly use Laura Mercier's Loose Powder) it doesn't crease and stays looking fresh throughout the day. It does settle into a few fine lines that I have, but I've not yet found a single concealer that doesn't, and it doesn't exaggerate them an awful lot, or anything.

The worst thing about this concealer is definitely its packaging. It's really rubbish, especially for a product in this price category. I've handled it with care (never dropped it or even travelled with it), but after just two weeks of use I noticed a small crack in the lid. I've seen countless reviews mentioning the quality (or lack thereof) of the packaging. Thebalm really needs to address this! The plastic is horribly brittle.

+ Cruelty free
+ Nice, creamy formula for the undereye area
+ The pot is a bit wider than many other concealer/cream shadow pots, which makes it possible to pick up with your finger despite having long nails
+ A few beneficial ingredients
+ 9 shades, and a range that cater to both ends of the spectrum - really fair people and people of colour
+ Pretty good coverage...

- ...though not full coverage, as it claims to be
- Majorly crappy packaging quality wise

on 2/13/2017 9:46:00 AM

This my HG concelear! Very easy to work with, especially if you use the little sponge that comes with it. i'm a Nw20/25 and i got this in Light, perfect match. the saleslady explained me the all line has cool-toned undertones so if you're warm it may not be your cup of tea. Medium - high coverage with a satin finish , i find it works better with undereyes than imperfections. Summer is the worst for creme concealers even with a good setting powder and this was no exception but pairing it to the Smashbox undereye primer was the solution. i think the only flaw is in the packaging, is cheap and it broke very easily and that's a bummer considering the quality of their product. i hope they'll repackage the line.

Honestly, I have tried three concealers and this one is my top choice.
The great thing about the balm concealer is the color, not too reddish and it is not heavy so the result is not too patchy. The texture is not too creamy. My skin is a little bit oily and maybe that is the reason why it's not staying for a long time. The concealer works well for redness and dark spot.

About the packaging, it's a little bit fragile, so the lid is easily broken.The size is small so really easy to bring it anywhere. I found the cotton was kind of useless. So it will be more useful if you use a concealer brush.

on 7/24/2016 10:51:00 PM

Omg!! Love3x! I apply at brow bone, over brow arch, under brow hairline to make it appear elongated. I used a concealer brush. It accentuates the arches brows making them look longer. Super nice! I picked Lighter Than Light shade.

Pros
blends easily
no streaks
no lines
lasts all day
cheap(wait during sales for further discounts)
works like a high end product
so many shades for all skin tones

Cons
plastic jar not sturdy ... be gentle folks :)

Overall, I highly recommend!

on 10/16/2016 11:37:00 AM

Overall I think I like this concealer but there are some things that could be better...

It is high coverage, but it creases like crazy for me even if I set it with powder, and that usually does the trick but not with this concealer.

I´m not sure how to explain this best but in in some places on my face where my skin is a bit uneven and textured (and this is typically where I need to put concealer, like on breakouts and on a birthmark I have) it does not go well on the skin? Like it goes on really patchy, not blended at all and makes the skin look super uneven and dry. Even if I just exfoliated, other concealers and foundations I have does not do this on this. So then it is better to just leave it.

I dislike the packaging and it has also broken a bit.

So for me I can basiaclly only use this where my face is super smooth, and then it works good.

The perfect concealer!

Lighter than Light suits my pale complexion perfectly. This is so easy to blend, covers my redness, doesn't crease and a little goes a long way.

Unfortunately the packaging takes off quite a few lippies from an otherwise perfect concealer. I'm not the biggest fan of pot concealers, I just don't find them very hygienic. Also the lid cracked after about 2 months of use and the jar itself is rather flimsy.

on 9/10/2016 8:47:00 AM

i am using this concealer for a few months and i have to say that i hate it. it really creases like crazy it is very thick for my under eye area. i have acne problem and i tried the concealer for my acne blemishes but it doesn't work well. its coverage is well for acne but it brings out new acnes or it aggravates my existing acnes. so it is awful for me. i will never buy it again.